Tuesday, July 22, 2014

A gallery in Beverly Hills, California, is hoping someone might be willing to spend $10,000 on a piece of crap. A lumpy fossil -- billed as possibly the longest known specimen of ancient excrement -- will hit the auction block next week at the I.M. Chait Gallery. Measuring "an eye-watering 40 inches in length," the so-called coprolite could be up to 33 million years old, according to the auctioneers, who estimate that the fossilized specimen could fetch between $8,000 and $10,000.

Menu

Subscriptions

Author Info

DeadSpin

MORE STORIES

I dropped a kielbasa once that curled around the bowl ... I had to go get my wife to see the thing. I almost took a picture of it.

Comments

"A lumpy fossil -- billed as possibly the longest known specimen of ancient excrement"

So....not a John McCain thread?

#1 | Posted by Harry_Powell at 2014-07-21 05:26 PM | Reply | Flag: | Funny: 3

I expect some wealthy Japanese investor will have this thing sitting on a mantle in his office. He might even eat it believing it will bring him vitality.

#2 | Posted by DeadSpin at 2014-07-21 05:27 PM | Reply | Flag: | Funny: 1

#1 no, it's a Dick Cheney thread.

#3 | Posted by DeadSpin at 2014-07-21 05:28 PM | Reply | Flag:

Karl Rove Sr ehhhhhhhhhhh?? His name was turdblossom for pete sake

#4 | Posted by LarryMohr at 2014-07-21 05:35 PM | Reply | Flag: | Funny: 1

DEADSPIN don't be silly.

The japanese would put this in a fetish video not on a mantle.

#5 | Posted by Tor at 2014-07-22 10:22 PM | Reply | Flag:

Putting it on the mantle is part of the fetish...er,...ah,...so I've benn told.

#6 | Posted by Harry_Powell at 2014-07-22 10:54 PM | Reply | Flag: | Funny: 1

I have a coprolite fossil! My brother gave it to me with a note saying over time anything can gain value.

#7 | Posted by Diablo at 2014-07-23 03:33 AM | Reply | Flag: | Funny: 1

I have a weenie dog named Woody.
Woody is amazing, in so many different ways. This morning, she
left a huge straight poo, it was so long that, according to my
calculations, she must have been tasting it.

#8 | Posted by FlyUntied at 2014-07-23 08:36 AM | Reply | Flag:

...I found a coprolite fossil once but it wasn't completely fossilized yet. Have to give it a while longer.

#9 | Posted by FlyUntied at 2014-07-23 08:38 AM | Reply | Flag: | Funny: 1

Someone should buy it if for no other reason than to produce cheap imitations of it. That thing is to good NOT to sell as a novelty product.

#10 | Posted by Whatsleft at 2014-07-23 01:23 PM | Reply | Flag:

www.ratemypoo.com

#11 | Posted by mOntecOre at 2014-07-23 01:43 PM | Reply | Flag:

Monte core,
That website rules for so many reasons. I've killed some time there.

Once my autocorrect took over and I accidentally ended up at rate my rack.

#13 | Posted by 101Chairborne at 2014-07-23 02:34 PM | Reply | Flag:

There was a South Park episode where Randy Marsh (Stan's dad) tries to take a record-breaking dump, and by diet and willpower accomplishes the feat (Episode nine "More Crap", eleventh season www.tv.com).

#14 | Posted by john47 at 2014-07-24 08:46 AM | Reply | Flag: