Monday, July 21, 2014

Katherine Templar Lewis, Vice: I am standing sniffing a bag of someone's dirty laundry, in public, for all to see. Around me, 140 people frantically do the same. I am in the midst of a pheromone dating party ... The concept is simple: Bring along a slept-in T-shirt and quite literally hang out your dirty washing for all to see. Eager daters (70 men, 70 women) take it in turns to open the numbered bags and sniff the contents. If you find one that smells alluring, you hold it up for a cheerful snap which is then projected onto a screen. Then itís a matter of casually waiting for the number on said bag to materialize in human form and reveal themselves to you.

Liberal Blog Advertising Network

Menu

Subscriptions

Author Info

rcade

MORE STORIES

[I]t was fun; people happily sniffed and chatted away and a few cocktails down I was quite into the swing of it. That was until my number came up and I met the guy who had picked my shirt. Was he my dream man? Did I have a desperate desire to procreate with him? If I'm honest, far from it. He wasn't my type at all.

Comments

what ever happened to the time honored tradition of smelling a well-placed finger or hand?

#1 | Posted by NerfHerder at 2014-07-21 01:43 PM | Reply | Flag:

#1 | POSTED BY NERFHERDER

That would be sexual harassment today.....

Its fun idea..... but it sounds like you just keep picking till you hit it off.... or go home

#2 | Posted by AndreaMackris at 2014-07-21 01:56 PM | Reply | Flag:

Breaking news? Oh, OK. Well, a smilie: what will those crazy single kids think of next? But obviously you don't have a hit until there is a mutual pick. Did author pick no one's pheromones?

#3 | Posted by kenx at 2014-07-21 03:38 PM | Reply | Flag:

when I was single, that's how I sifted through them.

#4 | Posted by DeadSpin at 2014-07-21 03:42 PM | Reply | Flag:

Oh sure when they do they get dated but when I do it I get kicked out of red lobster.

#5 | Posted by Tor at 2014-07-21 04:03 PM | Reply | Flag: | Funny: 1

Another filed under: where have all the good men gone.

#6 | Posted by Shawn at 2014-07-22 03:17 AM | Reply | Flag:

True story this weekend. As I rolled down my window at the bike park gate to pay my entrance fee, the young lass commented with a twink in her eye about my amazing fragrance. I'll never forget the look on her face as I showed her my bug spray.

#7 | Posted by CrisisStills at 2014-07-22 10:32 AM | Reply | Flag:

Finally a way for me to find women without a sense of smell.

#8 | Posted by bored at 2014-07-22 10:53 AM | Reply | Flag:

cool. we (don't) want the funk!

#9 | Posted by ichiro at 2014-07-22 11:32 PM | Reply | Flag:

Dick Morris is in business again?

#10 | Posted by Diablo at 2014-07-23 02:30 AM | Reply | Flag: