Friday, July 11, 2014

During testimony in the trial that could determine whether he remains owner of the Los Angeles Clippers, Donald Sterling said that his wife was beautiful, talented and that he was still in love with her. Then when she approached him later during a break in the hearing, he yelled at her in court, "get away from me, you pig!"

Liberal Blog Advertising Network

Menu

Subscriptions

Author Info

BruceBanner

MORE STORIES

Comments

Can the buyer back out of the deal if the trial drags on?

$2 Billion for the Clippers seems ridiculous now and this is the perfect time to sell the team. They are considered real contenders and the Lakers were horrible last year. Being seen at Clippers games was becoming trendy. But keep Sterling involved for another 2-3 seasons and the team will go back to being a distant 2nd in their own market and fans can use him as an excuse for jumping off the bandwagon. Nobody wants to have anything to do with him - not players or fans.

If I were the buyer I would have stipulated that if the sale isn't finalized before the start of the next season the deal is off. Then again, I don't have $2 billion so what do I know....

#1 | Posted by Sully at 2014-07-10 04:54 PM | Reply | Flag:

Also, from a purely selfish standpoint, I hope this drags on forever. Sterling is a hilarious train wreck.

#2 | Posted by Sully at 2014-07-10 05:00 PM | Reply | Flag: | Newsworthy 1

"Can the buyer back out of the deal if the trial drags on?"

Last I heard it was July 15th with a one month extension. If this trial isn't wrapped by next week look for the NBA to re-convene and just take the team from Sterling. Who will then sue. Ad infinitum.

#3 | Posted by Harry_Powell at 2014-07-10 05:13 PM | Reply | Flag:

She is a pig. Who would know better than him?

I wish sterling was my gramps. Holidays would be a blast! Especially Martin Luther king day.

#4 | Posted by 101Chairborne at 2014-07-10 06:04 PM | Reply | Flag:

Says Wife is beautiful, but then calls her a pig

I see no inherent contradiction, I mean, if you're into that sort of thing.

#5 | Posted by censored at 2014-07-10 09:47 PM | Reply | Flag:

"Says Wife is beautiful, but then calls her a pig"

I see no inherent contradiction, I mean, if you're into that sort of thing.

#5 | Posted by censored

A beautiful pig with excellent love handles.

#6 | Posted by donnerboy at 2014-07-11 02:04 PM | Reply | Flag: | Funny: 1

Sterling is an American masterpiece. He should team up with the fellow from Duck Dynasty and have a reality TV show. The nincompoops would make another fortune.

#7 | Posted by moder8 at 2014-07-11 02:20 PM | Reply | Flag:

The man is worth Billions; and he's still a Zero.

#8 | Posted by shane at 2014-07-11 05:20 PM | Reply | Flag:

I've always considered Miss Piggy to be beautiful so where is the contradiction?

#10 | Posted by danni at 2014-07-12 11:00 AM | Reply | Flag:

If ya like then ya shoulda put lipstick on it.

#11 | Posted by TheTom at 2014-07-12 02:23 PM | Reply | Flag: