Wednesday, July 09, 2014

Glenn Beck is planning a trip to McAllen, Texas, on July 19 with a tractor-trailer loaded with teddy bears, soccer balls and hot meals for some 3,000 undocumented immigrants. "I've never taken a position more deadly to my career than this -- and I have never, ever taken a position that is more right than this," an emotional Beck said Tuesday on his show on TheBlaze. “Everybody is telling me I'm seeing subscriptions down; I'm seeing Mercury One donations down," he added. "I'm getting violent emails from people who say, you know, I've 'betrayed the Republic.' Whatever."

Liberal Blog Advertising Network

Menu

Subscriptions

Author Info

rcade

MORE STORIES

"Through no fault of their own, they are caught in political crossfire,” Beck said of immigrant families. "And while we continue to put pressure on Washington and change its course of lawlessness, we must also help. It is not either/or. It is both. We have to be active in the political game, and we must open our hearts."

Comments

the best charity is done in secret.

of course, glenn always references himself and his popularity and places them squarely at stage center when it comes to anything he does. if he was lou reed (rip) or any self-consumed "artist" i would accept that. but he isn't, and that is why he is a complete -------.

#1 | Posted by NerfHerder at 2014-07-09 03:15 PM | Reply | Flag:

Makes giving up your seat on an airplane a little less of a grab for attention, doesn't it?

#2 | Posted by Harry_Powell at 2014-07-09 03:45 PM | Reply | Flag:

#3 | Posted by sames1 at 2014-07-09 03:48 PM | Reply | Flag:

In case you missed the title, this is about Glenn Beck.

"Through no fault of their own, they are caught in political crossfire," Beck said of immigrant families. "And while we continue to put pressure on Washington and change its course of lawlessness, we must also help. It is not either/or. It is both. We have to be active in the political game, and we must open our hearts."
And while I don't like the self promotion, this time I think he's saying some of the right things. These children are not the criminals.

#4 | Posted by Whatsleft at 2014-07-09 04:01 PM | Reply | Flag:

Beck may be advertising his good deeds because he wants credit for them but that's not the worst thing in the world. His audience is so rabid and unreasonable that it couldn't hurt if they see that even Glenn Beck will put aside the partisan rage and act like a human being at times.

#5 | Posted by Sully at 2014-07-09 04:20 PM | Reply | Flag:

#3 "I'm surprised Jesse Jackson is not right in the middle of it with cameras in tow."

If they were black he woulda.

#6 | Posted by 88120rob at 2014-07-09 04:38 PM | Reply | Flag:

#5 | POSTED BY SULLY

Hope he scheduled it with the detention center. Then again could also be that he expects to be turned away like Congressman Bridenstine was.

Would be one hell of a headline if he was.

#7 | Posted by Lohocla at 2014-07-09 04:41 PM | Reply | Flag:

Mercury One - Disaster Relief, Faith, Education, Entrepreneurship

Mercury One will inspire, organize and mobilize individuals and organizations to improve the human condition with malice towards none and charity for all.

www.mercuryone.org

Yeah, what a bunch of hipocrites.

#8 | Posted by Daniel at 2014-07-09 07:25 PM | Reply | Flag:

I clicked on your mercuryone.org link but it made me cry. Lemonade Day....really? WAaaaaannnnnhhhhh! I couldn't find the Mom section nor the apple pie link?

#9 | Posted by danni at 2014-07-09 07:39 PM | Reply | Flag:

My extremely negative, opinion of Mr Beck, just increased ten fold, for the BETTER. After all, philanthropist like Bill Gates and Warren Buffet are also guilty of some self promotion. (The fact that his charitable gesture will aggravate the right-wing lemmings is just an added bonus)

#10 | Posted by SammyAZ_RI at 2014-07-09 08:18 PM | Reply | Flag: | Newsworthy 1

I wonder how thick the padding on the walls of his cell are going to be?

#11 | Posted by Tor at 2014-07-09 08:20 PM | Reply | Flag:

Glenn Beck will have to do many very good things before I will give him any benefit of the doubt. Vicks Vaporub anyone, I feel a need to cry.

#12 | Posted by danni at 2014-07-09 08:36 PM | Reply | Flag:

First admitting Liberals were right about Iraq, now this. If I didn't consider him a huckster, I just might start to like him. I'll hold off on that judgment for a while tho'.

#13 | Posted by TFDNihilist at 2014-07-09 09:11 PM | Reply | Flag:

When he reeducates his followers and gets them to face reality then I might forgive him for the damage he has done to this country. And he has done great damage because many of his followers are fairly simple minded working folks who now always vote against their own best interests due to him and people like him.

#14 | Posted by danni at 2014-07-09 09:21 PM | Reply | Flag: | Newsworthy 1

I hate Beck and his ilk. But if he really means to help the children then God bless him.

#15 | Posted by junebubbles at 2014-07-10 02:51 PM | Reply | Flag:

#5 | Posted by Sully

It couldn't hurt if Congress would put aside the partisan rage and acted like human beings at times.

#16 | Posted by donnerboy at 2014-07-10 03:10 PM | Reply | Flag: | Newsworthy 1

Is this wing-nut 'Grinch' growing a heart?

#17 | Posted by shane at 2014-07-10 05:56 PM | Reply | Flag:

Teddy bears, hot meals, and a plane ticket home.

Charity.