Wednesday, July 09, 2014

A coauthor of the book Fiesta: How to Survive the Running of the Bulls was badly gored on Wednesday in the morning bull run at Pamplona's San Fermin festival. Bill Hillmann, 32, tripped and fell when a bull gored him in his right thigh, according to festival website SanFermin.Com, which has photos of the incident. There have been 14 fatalities over the past century at the fiesta, which dates to the 13th century.

Liberal Blog Advertising Network

Menu

Subscriptions

Author Info

rcade

MORE STORIES

Comments

Sounds like the bulls didn't do any serious damage. Too bad.

#1 | Posted by Sully at 2014-07-07 04:23 PM | Reply | Flag: | Newsworthy 1

Not enough people in my book. I root for the bulls all the time.

#2 | Posted by gracieamazed at 2014-07-07 05:15 PM | Reply | Flag:

This is a story? Man Gores Bulls, now that would be a story!

#3 | Posted by bartimus at 2014-07-07 05:53 PM | Reply | Flag:

I root for the bulls all the time. Posted by gracieamazed

You and 46 million folks in Spain.

#4 | Posted by SammyAZ_RI at 2014-07-07 09:54 PM | Reply | Flag:

Ran it about 12 years ago. I'm against bull fighting in general but what fun times at the international funfest known as San Fermin.

#5 | Posted by CrisisStills at 2014-07-08 02:31 PM | Reply | Flag:

I do not really feel very sorry for them. I used to tend some Scottish highlanders and was rushed many times by a few of thew bulls. Anyone who intentionally puts them selves in that situation has to know it's a dumb risk. On the bright side you will learn exactly how fast you can run and how high you can jump.

#6 | Posted by salamandagator at 2014-07-08 02:34 PM | Reply | Flag:

If you can't die it wouldn't be exciting.

#7 | Posted by sitzkrieg at 2014-07-09 10:39 AM | Reply | Flag:

i am a seeker of danger and, to put it bluntly, san fermin is for wimps.

why, just last week i dressed up like condoleeza rice and ran through downtown mosul, iraq yelling, "long live israel and george w bush!"

i have also put on my klan costume and run down pennsylvania avenue in upton at midnight, repeatedly shouting "tar baby crack whore!"

but my favorite danger seeking activity is my daily toilet papering of boaz' house dressed up to look like a crossdressing barack obama.

#8 | Posted by NerfHerder at 2014-07-09 12:35 PM | Reply | Flag: