Thursday, July 03, 2014

On the day his 22-month-old son Cooper was dying of heatstroke in his car, Atlanta dad Justin Ross Harris was sending and receiving sexually explicit texts -- some including nude images -- from work, a detective testified at a probable cause hearing Wednesday. One of the women was 17, which potentially could lead to a felony charge of sexual exploitation of a minor. Harris, 33, left his toddler strapped into a car seat under a baking sun for seven hours at the Home Depot corporate office where he worked. His attorney said it was an accident.

Liberal Blog Advertising Network

Menu

Subscriptions

Author Info

rcade

MORE STORIES

Comments

How does one get into a baking hot car and not immediately notice the smell of a loaded diaper emitting from the 22 month old who's been in the back seat all day?

#1 | Posted by Tor at 2014-07-03 07:03 PM | Reply | Flag:

Every person has their day in court, yada, yada, yada. This jerk needs a day in my backyard with my oak tree and rope. Sickening. And who let him use a blow dryer for court?

#2 | Posted by gracieamazed at 2014-07-03 07:47 PM | Reply | Flag:

When the jackwagon finally gets convicted and it released into general population, he'll be dealt with accordingly.

#3 | Posted by lee_the_agent at 2014-07-03 07:51 PM | Reply | Flag:

Not many news stories make me actually want to vomit.

For some reason, this makes me so sad that I can't even feel my normal instinct for vengeance against this guy.

#4 | Posted by DoofusOfDeath at 2014-07-03 08:02 PM | Reply | Flag:

@ DOOF

Your reaction is normal.

Why do you think grieving family members never tore the phelps clan limb from limb?

It's strange but sometimes in our suffering we become more....enlightened as people.....if only for a while.

#5 | Posted by Tor at 2014-07-03 08:24 PM | Reply | Flag:

This guy is making me rethink my anti-death penalty position.

#6 | Posted by northguy3 at 2014-07-03 08:44 PM | Reply | Flag: | Newsworthy 1

Yeah I guess it's the fact that a kid died. Kids suffering really gets to me, ever since I become a parent.

#7 | Posted by DoofusOfDeath at 2014-07-03 09:08 PM | Reply | Flag:

This guy sounds guilty as hell, and if so he's a monster, but what does him sexting women at work have to do with whether he intentionally left his kid in the car or not? I haven't looked into the hearing further, but this line of questioning seems like something the judge probably should have excluded unless he said something incriminating to a sextee.

#8 | Posted by rcade at 2014-07-03 09:21 PM | Reply | Flag:

Rcade,if he intended to kill his kid after they apparently just had breakfast with,sexting would bolster the "I forgot" defense."Hey ladies and gentlemen of the jury,I was just having a regular day,oops"

#9 | Posted by bruceaz at 2014-07-03 09:37 PM | Reply | Flag:

----

Shows that he's cold-hearted. (Maybe physically cold as well if sent a picture. Shrinkage!)

#10 | Posted by Pirate at 2014-07-03 10:33 PM | Reply | Flag:

He took the child to Chick fill-A for BREAKFAST ?? Who feeds that garbage to a baby??? The phony white stuff in their chicken is a soy "byproduct" with beef renderings and artificial coloring to make it look like real chicken. Basically pink slime, that has been bleached white. But they are closed on the "Lords Day" Sunday, so that makes the deception .. OK

GUILTY AS CHARGED ! !

#11 | Posted by SammyAZ_RI at 2014-07-03 10:48 PM | Reply | Flag:

...but what does him sexting women at work have to do with whether he intentionally left his kid in the car or not?

Geez, you're starting to sound like a lawyer. And I agree but this was a probable cause hearing. At trial, without more, that will be problematic.

...I was just having a regular day...
...he's cold-hearted...

Flip side, distraction or don't give a s***. Either or both show negligence but neither or both show intent, the critical element of murder.

#12 | Posted by et_al at 2014-07-03 10:59 PM | Reply | Flag:

I was just postulating Et Al,the guy is innocent until proven guilty by a jury of his peers.

#13 | Posted by bruceaz at 2014-07-04 12:03 AM | Reply | Flag:

He had visited websites about what a drag it is to have children.
Anyway, i wanna see his nekkid pix ~ GAG!

#14 | Posted by kenx at 2014-07-04 03:33 AM | Reply | Flag:

"Conversations" with six women simultaneously and bragging about doing this while surrounded by people? This guy is not only an absent father but a sexting addict. Mental health issue aside, seven hours of that activity including sending images as pretext of "working" is abuse of his workplace (Home Depot should sue), but also verifies that he doesn't really care about his baby. Feeding him Chik-file is absolutely negligent. The 16 year old actually figures out that he is a sociopath, how ironic.

#15 | Posted by redlightrobot at 2014-07-04 02:28 PM | Reply | Flag:

Why is a cop talking to people about details related to a case under investigation?

#16 | Posted by sentinel at 2014-07-04 11:24 PM | Reply | Flag:

redlightrobot nosedives into the cliff of inanity, again.

#17 | Posted by et_al at 2014-07-05 01:39 AM | Reply | Flag:

redlightrobot nosedives into the cliff of inanity, again.
#17 | Posted by et_al at 2014-07-05 01:39 AM

I'm serious - this guy has a mental health issue and brought his "relationships" into his workplace to not only avoid caring for his baby boy, but to disregard all forms of paternal responsibility. Using your desk for cover doesn't protect you from anything. He didn't even need to go to work that day, no work was being performed on behalf of Home Depot. We are witnessing seven hours of sexting and negligence leading to the deliberate death of his child. That's what I take away from his exploiting the workplace.

#18 | Posted by redlightrobot at 2014-07-05 10:07 AM | Reply | Flag:

#11...Typical lib talking out of your arse. Not only are you an idiot but you are wrong. My ex - father in law was CEO of one of the largest chicken co-ops. They sold only breasts to chik-fil-a. All their meat is marinated in pickle juice which makes everything so tasty.

#19 | Posted by justanoversight at 2014-07-05 01:26 PM | Reply | Flag:

I hate to be a party pooper here; but how is this any of our business? On the (I doubt it) chance he is actually innocent; his life is now doubly ruined.

Also if you look into it he didn;t "sext" any minors. The 17 year old in question neither sent nor received anything. Note the weasel words "may lead to charges" of blah blah yackety smakety. If he was sexting adults, it's none of our business.

#20 | Posted by soheifox at 2014-07-05 03:46 PM | Reply | Flag: