Saturday, June 28, 2014

Don Cheadle says he began to play the trumpet three years ago as preparation for starring in and directing the Miles Davis biopic Kill the Trumpet Player." He found the trumpet to be unforgiving. "It's a mean instrument," he said. "It's a relief that my playing won't be used in the film."

Liberal Blog Advertising Network

Menu

Subscriptions

Author Info

afkabl2

MORE STORIES

AND OF COURSE, let's interject some politics into it....I can't imagine there's not SOME liberals involved with this that rails and rants about FAIRNESS and taxes and such so I found this QUOTE interesting..

"We still haven't decided where," he added. "That depends on things like tax credits."

Comments

I played Miles Davis at a gig last week, So What?

#1 | Posted by TFDNihilist at 2014-06-28 03:32 PM | Reply | Flag:

"I played Miles Davis at a gig last week, So What?"

I saw Miles Davis, live.

#2 | Posted by nullifidian at 2014-06-28 03:37 PM | Reply | Flag:

Trumpets are unforgiving? I wonder what he means by that. Has he ever played a violin? The slightest incorrect motion and you're either horribly off pitch or screeching.

#3 | Posted by LEgregius at 2014-06-28 06:42 PM | Reply | Flag:

Trumpets are unforgiving? I wonder what he means by that.

#3 | Posted by LEgregius at 2014-06-28 06:42 PM | Reply | Flag:

Probably the same ---- thing you said.

rwd

#4 | Posted by rightwingdon at 2014-06-28 07:05 PM | Reply | Flag:

you rock, nulli.

Miles is king...of guitar.

#5 | Posted by ichiro at 2014-06-28 07:56 PM | Reply | Flag:

He found the trumpet to be unforgiving.

Of all the adjectives I can think of to describe a trumpet, I don't think "unforgiving" would be at the top of the list. I wonder how he would have taken to the trombone.

#6 | Posted by mariosanchez at 2014-06-30 04:05 AM | Reply | Flag:

Cheadle is a damned fine actor. Regardless of his adjective choice, it's laudable that he recognizes his own limits and doesn't push (ego) for his playing to be used.

#7 | Posted by pragmatist at 2014-06-30 10:03 AM | Reply | Flag:

should be a good flick

I predict it will be a critical success but not seen by a whole lot of people.

#8 | Posted by afkabl2 at 2014-06-30 10:32 AM | Reply | Flag: