Saturday, June 21, 2014

Last week's Pew Research Center report detailing the partisanship that increasingly defines American life showed the average American is much more likely to choose to live near people of similar ideological bents. Liberals like living in urban areas, within walking distance of shops and neighbors. Conservatives prefer the wide-open spaces outside the city that puts more distance between themselves and the next-closest house. But once you've identified the state in which you want to live, who's going to tell you which Zip codes are best for your ideological leanings? Leave that to the good folks at Clarity Campaign Labs.

Liberal Blog Advertising Network

Menu

Subscriptions

Author Info

gracieamazed

MORE STORIES

Las Vegas? What kind of immoral lady do you think I am?

Comments

"What kind of immoral lady do you think I am?"

It's not about how immoral we think you are.
It's about how immoral we hope you are! ;)

#1 | Posted by TheTom at 2014-06-18 02:55 PM | Reply | Flag: | Funny: 2

somewhat interesting, except I can't move to where they say I should live.

;-)

#2 | Posted by path at 2014-06-18 06:06 PM | Reply | Flag:

who cares.

#3 | Posted by ichiro at 2014-06-18 06:44 PM | Reply | Flag:

I'm sure you don't as you're probably an urbanite

#4 | Posted by path at 2014-06-18 06:47 PM | Reply | Flag:

live where you want. prosper. no will stop you because of your or their "views."
what a bunch of crap. segregation is bad. solitude is good as well.

#5 | Posted by ichiro at 2014-06-18 06:48 PM | Reply | Flag:

I take it all back ICHIRO, I was joking about all this anyway. Sorry.

#6 | Posted by path at 2014-06-18 06:58 PM | Reply | Flag:

I dunno how well it worked for conservatives or those with other priorities, but it was dead-right with me; providing me with the choices I would have picked myself for pretty much every state I've considered living in. It even found a decent place for me to live in Utah and Texas, will wonders never cease!

#7 | Posted by censored at 2014-06-21 10:08 AM | Reply | Flag:

Was terrible for me. Then again the scope of the questions is so limited I don't see how it could be very accurate.

#8 | Posted by TaoWarrior at 2014-06-21 10:34 AM | Reply | Flag:

"It would be nice to see the demographics of where I currently live though to help me decide if I should move away from here when I retire."

www.city-data.com

This site has your demographics. I use it to avoid bad neighborhoods in unfamiliar places. They don't have a demographic for 'bad', exactly, but inferences can be drawn from other categories.

#9 | Posted by FlyUntied at 2014-06-21 01:23 PM | Reply | Flag:

Damn, It takes me back to where I went to high school.

#10 | Posted by Sniper at 2014-06-21 05:18 PM | Reply | Flag: | Funny: 1

It was terrible for me, it told me I should live in one of the ugliest spots in western WA.
Bremerton Wa. yuck

#11 | Posted by PunchyPossum at 2014-06-22 03:18 AM | Reply | Flag:

When I bought my final home for the rest of my life I didn't ask about ideologies and I didn't give a hoot about demographics. I just wanted to know if I could get a permit to put in a pool and a bar-b-que pit. Ideologies and demographics just sort of fell by the wayside when I became the neighbor everybody loved.

Screw research pools. Just find a place with palm trees and NO SNOW.

#12 | Posted by Twinpac at 2014-06-22 03:49 AM | Reply | Flag: | Newsworthy 1

#7 | Posted by censored at 2014-06-21 10:08 AM | Reply | Flag:

The real question is, are YOU decent enough for Utah and Texas? My guess is no. Stay in the indecent places like NY, CA, and New England.

#13 | Posted by e_pluribus_unum at 2014-06-22 03:04 PM | Reply | Flag:

Living around folks with the same lefty ideology is boring. Here in Arizona my neighborhood is infested with sovereign citizens, white militia members, volunteer posse vigilantes, birthers, gun-nuts, border protectors, Tea -------, climate change deniers and other assorted loony righties.

They are all very entertaining, the comedy channel in real time

#14 | Posted by SammyAZ_RI at 2014-06-22 03:13 PM | Reply | Flag:

They are all very entertaining, the comedy channel in real time

#14 | Posted by SammyAZ_RI at 2014-06-22 03:13 PM | Reply | Flag:

Gotta have balance in the neighborhood with you being the "tragedy" of liberalism.

"---------" - how sophisticated you are.

#15 | Posted by e_pluribus_unum at 2014-06-22 03:49 PM | Reply | Flag:

Seems the SW coast area of Florida is to make me happy.

#16 | Posted by MSgt at 2014-06-22 04:32 PM | Reply | Flag:

Apparently I'm meant to live in the absolute middle of no where, no matter what state I put in.

Maybe I'll look in to the tiny town that was essentially inside Glacier National Park in MT.

#17 | Posted by jpw at 2014-06-22 05:53 PM | Reply | Flag: