Wednesday, June 18, 2014

With fresh poll numbers at his disposal, MSNBC political director Chuck Todd was ready Wednesday to perform the last rites of Barack Obama's presidency. "I mean, essentially the public is saying your presidency is over," Todd said on MSNBC's Morning Joe, referring to the latest NBC News/Wall Street Journal poll. At 37 percent, his job approval on foreign policy -- long a source of political strength -- has cratered to the lowest of his presidency. Fifty-three percent disapprove of his job performance overall.

Liberal Blog Advertising Network

Menu

Subscriptions

Author Info

boaz

MORE STORIES

Despite Obama's numbers, the poll found 45 percent said they would prefer to see a Democratic-controlled Congress, compared with 43 percent who said they would prefer to see Republicans win control of Congress in the midterms.

Comments

Oh, same poll I believe: Only 29% believe that the GOP isn't full of sh--. I guess that they're done, too.

#1 | Posted by Zed at 2014-06-18 10:30 AM | Reply | Flag:

It's funny too because he was more hateful than usual over the weekend in Anaheim. I expect this divergence to continue. The more his poll numbers suck the more offensive he will become leading to anothe drop in his poll numbers and a repeat of the vicious cycle.

#2 | Posted by Huguenot at 2014-06-18 10:37 AM | Reply | Flag:

Saw this on MSNBC this morning. -20 approval rating. The poll can be interpreted as "Americans have caught on to Obama being a fraud."

#3 | Posted by MUSTANG at 2014-06-18 10:48 AM | Reply | Flag:

#4 | Posted by pragmatist at 2014-06-18 11:20 AM | Reply | Flag: | Newsworthy 2

I comment about this occasional, but speaking of the gulf between the parties - to many liberals, the failure of Obama is being too pro- big business, Wall St, and hawkish. For instance, the worst thing wrong with the ACA in my eyes is that insurance companies had a hand in writing it, getting guarantees mandated enrollment and government coverage if too much revenue was lost. The 80% rule sounds great in theory - they have to spend 80% of earnings on healthcare. But in reality, will be twisted. If you have only 20% of earnings as profit, how do you increase earnings? Drive up total prices. I expect to see that happening soon. But, those are not "progressive" subjects to promote. Rather, the things that the right likes. The right's dislikes seem manufactured to me. Obama seems closer to what I automatically think of as the things I dislike about the Republican party to me, only he has a D after his name, which means Democrat partisans constantly scream about how much worse he could be, rather than what would be better.

Can I get some honest Republican thoughts on this rather than than knee-jerk screams of "liberal?" What is with the vitriol of the right against this seeming Rockefeller Republican?

#5 | Posted by zeropointnrg at 2014-06-18 11:24 AM | Reply | Flag:

"It's funny too because he was more hateful than usual over the weekend in Anaheim."

Hateful or just brutally honest? And about time too.

#6 | Posted by danni at 2014-06-18 12:15 PM | Reply | Flag:

Shrub bottomed out at about 22% and it made absolutely no difference to him. He just kept riding his bicycle and clipping shrub's in Crawford, not being up to chopping wood and all that other stuff. Meanwhile, everyone with a mortgage had to keep their nose to the grindstone or else.

#7 | Posted by nutcase at 2014-06-18 12:46 PM | Reply | Flag:

"So the poll shows Obama in worse shape now (41% job rating) than he was at this point in 2010 (45% job rating), which is good news for Republicans heading into November's midterm elections, right?

Well, maybe not. Here is something important to consider: Republicans are in worse shape now than they were four years ago, too. Just 29% of respondents have a favorable view of the GOP, versus 45% who have an unfavorable view. (By comparison, the Democratic Party's fav/unfav rating is 38% positive, 40% negative.)

Views of the Tea Party are even worse, with 22% seeing it in a favorable light and 41% in a negative one. In June 2010, the Tea Party's fav/unfav was at a positive 34%-31%. That perhaps helps explain why Democrats in our current NBC/WSJ poll have a two-point advantage on congressional preference, 45%-43%, despite the brutal numbers for Obama.

And then there's this BIG difference: At this point in 2010, Democrats had a narrow congressional-preference lead with women (44%-43%), and the GOP had a significant advantage with white women (51%-36%).

Now? Democrats hold a double-digit with all women (50%-38%), and white women are pretty much a jump ball (GOP 45%, Dems 44%).

As we've said before, female voters -- and female candidates -- are likely to decide the outcome of the midterm elections and specifically control of the U.S. Senate. And right now, the GOP has some work to do here.

www.nbcnews.com

Obama's numbers are part of the overall disgust with pols who can't get anything done because of obstruction and gridlock.

Just the way the 1 percenters like it. Why would they want any change?

#8 | Posted by Corky at 2014-06-18 12:53 PM | Reply | Flag: | Newsworthy 2

from the top...

"Well, if Obama's presidency is "done", I suppose you can stop complaining about him."

LOL....Aint it the truth!

and....No its not, he is actually getting quite a bit
done now that he has given up trying to work with the
deadbeat G.O.P. (geriatric old people's) Party...

made roads on Health Care, the Environment,
nominating a diverse and large crop of Federal Judges,
expanding a marine santuary...

yep. For a President who's term is over, he sure keeps
rolling along getting things done...

no thanks to the aforementioned party of deadbeats...

#9 | Posted by earthmuse at 2014-06-18 12:55 PM | Reply | Flag:

It's bad enough you think that Obama's "usual" is hateful. But what specific remark by Obama from that event do you regard as hateful? I see nothing in this story about it that would remotely get close to being called hate:

politicalticker.blogs.cnn.com

I'll bet you applaud criticisms of Obama by Republican leaders that are far stronger in tone than anything he said there.

#10 | Posted by rcade at 2014-06-18 01:00 PM | Reply | Flag:

"Is it just me, or do too many poll watchers disdain poll results when negative about "their guy"' and embrace them when negative about "the other guy"?

I kinda look at it like the old saying, "If a man calls you a jackass, ignore him. If a whole group of people are calling you a jackass, you should start looking for a saddle." Obama has needed one for a pretty long time now. A recent Gallup poll showed 65% of Americans said he couldn't govern the country. The "phoney scandals" just keep mounting up and the lying and obfuscation from this administration have become nauseating. I won't even get into the details, it'd take way too much bandwidth and too much time. Let me just say that I think this says a lot....

grumpyelder.com

#11 | Posted by jestgettinalong at 2014-06-18 01:01 PM | Reply | Flag:

What specific remark by Obama from that event do you regard as hateful?

#10 | Posted by rcade at 2014-06

I've never seen Obama be hateful. Occasionally he calls them as he sees them, and he's usually correct.

No more faddish Right-wing worship of Harry Truman. He'd have made you piss your panties by looking at you sideways.

#12 | Posted by Zed at 2014-06-18 01:03 PM | Reply | Flag:

The "phoney scandals" just keep mounting up ...

That's what happens when there's a group of politicians in Washington and an entire cable news network devoted to treating everything like a scandal 24/7. It's a desperate attempt to win Congress in 2014 and the White House in 2016.

The Obama administration hasn't given them anything remotely close to WaterGate in severity, so they're trying to make up for that on volume.

#13 | Posted by rcade at 2014-06-18 01:12 PM | Reply | Flag:

Quantity over quality. The oatmeal against the wall strategery.

#14 | Posted by Corky at 2014-06-18 01:15 PM | Reply | Flag:

Anything to deflect fro the capture of Abu Khattala. Boazo. You are pathetic. What you fail to realize is that the republiclowns have nothing. Get that? N-O-T-H-I-N-G nada,, 0, zilch, zippo.

Bush's average is what Obama's is now. The only reason it was ever that high is the huge bump of 9/11. after the glow from that wore off and the clowns realized they had bought themselves a life time supply of duct tape and plastic sheeting and a tanked economy... well he didn't look so good.

Your party has tried to replace him with a addle brain who spent most of his war career in prison and whose brilliance was demonstrated with choosing Sarah Palin for a running mate. When Obama got the ACA passed you then thought the 47% er feller was a good strong choice to oppose Obama because he was after all the architect of the ACA... and he loved to shut business down and ship them over seas.

And now who do you have? The fat guy who shut down a bridge to get even with a mayor? The Canadian who shut down the government because he discovered ho could not do the one thing he set out to do.... aaannnndddd who else? Maybe that little hendoo fellah. NAAAAHHHHHHH...I think he might bee a little too brown.

in other words
no one.

Funny thing when I read what the clown brigade says about Obama and big business... You do realizer that the all the B.S. you went on about during the two campaigns were just that. A lot of caca de toro. It was more stuff you made up than things he said while running for office. It reminds me of when the clowns convinced themselves he was going to be soft on terrorists. He said nor did anything to indicate that. In fact you did such a good job of convincing yourselves that he was going to be such a softy throughout that you got a lot of the far left pacifists believing you too.

When I read how they rail on about the ACA and the insurance companies. Well... what we do know is the laissez faire with all that stuff about competition being a driving force approach did little more that cause them to create scaled down to uselessness options. The competition never went into meeting the needs of the customers but stayed in the land of which company can make the most profit while providing the least amount of product or service. Buy cheap sell high.

thus you created a mediocre healthcare system where nations with fewer per capita CAT scan or MRIs machines provide better healthcare at lower costs .

If anyone pointed this out to the clown brigade and suggested that there needs to be some regulation they squealed about government interference with business. Well ya know the whole reason for governance is to regulate the behavior of people. Not sure why that upsets you so.

So now with the ACA business and government are seeking to cooperate and deliver a product. Its not the four horsemen of the apocalypse. If this doesn't work we will move on to something else.

#16 | Posted by RightisTrite at 2014-06-18 01:30 PM | Reply | Flag:

"The 80% rule sounds great in theory - they have to spend 80% of earnings on healthcare. But in reality, will be twisted. If you have only 20% of earnings as profit, how do you increase earnings? Drive up total prices. I expect to see that happening soon."

I've been saying that since the mandate was first revealed. Glad someone else can do that math.

#17 | Posted by eberly at 2014-06-18 01:38 PM | Reply | Flag:

Oh and Boazo.. I will take the legacies left with my of my votes for Carter, Clinton and Obama and put them up against your two Bush-holes Reagoon and Nixon any day. You produce garbage, losers who leave office in shame.

Trust me I know who will come out ahead.

#18 | Posted by RightisTrite at 2014-06-18 01:39 PM | Reply | Flag: | Newsworthy 1

"I will take the legacies left with....."

blah blah...you'll take whatever you're given. you're a partisan.

#19 | Posted by eberly at 2014-06-18 01:42 PM | Reply | Flag:

politicalticker.blogs.cnn.com

#10 | Posted by rcade at 2014-06-18 01:00 PM | Reply | Flag:

Here's a different take on it:
www.slate.com

Probably written in affirmation.
And what makes this sort of rhetoric so offensive is where it is coming from. The highest elected official in the land.
I expect this from pure partisans such as someone like Rachel Maddow or conversely Sean Hannity but not from someone that is supposed to represent all of us. His rhetoric is quite offensive to me because he chooses to ridicule and mock rather than engage. Obama uses ridicule mockery, and hyperbole too often against Americans he's supposed to be representing. He either hates his opponents or doesn't have the skills and maturity necessary to constructively engage people that disagree with him. Or both. If he doesn't hate and he really doesn't believe his own rhetoric then he's the biggest psychopath we've ever elected.

#20 | Posted by Huguenot at 2014-06-18 01:44 PM | Reply | Flag:

The right seems to have gotten their feelings hurt when Obama spoke the unvarnished truth about many of them. Too freaking bad, I applaud his speech, he needs to speak that way much more often, should have started talking that way Jan. 20, 2009.

#21 | Posted by danni at 2014-06-18 01:48 PM | Reply | Flag:

#20 | Posted by Huguenot at 2014-06

Obama's done more to "engage" you people than most. His third year in office, most Democrats thought he was much, much too nice to you. You only saw compromise as weakness, and by and large you spat on him.

This is a week, by the way, with events unfolding in regards to Benghazi, where you deserve ridicule. Maybe, just maybe it'll make you stop.

#22 | Posted by Zed at 2014-06-18 01:51 PM | Reply | Flag:

What did Obama say? It's not in the article and I didn't see him on Tv.

#23 | Posted by Dalton at 2014-06-18 01:52 PM | Reply | Flag:

And what makes this sort of rhetoric so offensive is where it is coming from.

The link shows some mockery, but nothing close to what I would call hateful.

And climate denial is worthy of a lot stronger ridicule than anything the president said in that speech. Rachel Maddow would never be as gentle in mocking it as he was.

#24 | Posted by rcade at 2014-06-18 01:59 PM | Reply | Flag:

From RCADE's link at #10

"Let me translate: what that means is, ‘I accept that manmade climate change is real, but if I admit it, I'll be run out of town by a radical fringe that thinks climate science is a liberal plot,'" he said.

so, politicians are pragmatic about keeping their jobs as politicians. So is Obama. So are democrats along with republicans. It's all the time we see examples of that. global warming is just one of them.

#25 | Posted by eberly at 2014-06-18 02:00 PM | Reply | Flag:

#21 | Posted by danni at 2014-06-18 01:48 PM | Reply | Flag:

LOL
You make my point for me. Every time he gets into trouble he throws red meat to the base. What do you think the long term effect of doing that is? He just further divides the country. Either on purpose as a psychopath or by accident as a petulant man child.

#26 | Posted by Huguenot at 2014-06-18 02:00 PM | Reply | Flag:

"Rachel Maddow would never be as gentle in mocking it as he was."

Nor is Rush Limbaugh on the other side of the issue. They're pundits....they can be pretty harsh if they want.

The last time I listened to Rush, he went off on global warming. I used to listen to him a lot when I was on the road 10 years ago. I could tell when he would make a lot of snarky comments in jest.....but he is not kidding on global warming. He is insistent that it's all a 100% hoax.

#27 | Posted by eberly at 2014-06-18 02:02 PM | Reply | Flag:

And what makes this sort of rhetoric so offensive is where it is coming from.

The link shows some mockery, but nothing close to what I would call hateful.

#24 | Posted by rcade at 2014-06-18 01:59 PM | Reply | Flag:

Again,
It depends on where it's coming from. Mitt Romney was sunk by his comments regarding the 47% right? Well, when Obama uses rhetoric ridiculing at least 30% of his constituents I think it is totally uncalled for.
If the evidence was so overwhelming the your side wouldn't need to resort to ridicule. Using ridicule is a propaganda tactic.

#28 | Posted by Huguenot at 2014-06-18 02:06 PM | Reply | Flag:

Was there ever any doubt about how thin skinned Obama is? I remember when he and his campaign got upset b/c Maureen Dowd mentioned how big his ears are. It's why he chose to falsely describe citizens united decision in the state of the union where no one could correct him. It's why he invited Paul Ryan to a event only to bash him and again no one could counter him. It's why he visibly gets upset in debates when someone points out mistakes he's made.

#29 | Posted by Dalton at 2014-06-18 02:14 PM | Reply | Flag:

Chuck Todd: Your career is 'Over"

#30 | Posted by TwoCents at 2014-06-18 03:29 PM | Reply | Flag:

Keep making your proclamations.

#31 | Posted by fresno500 at 2014-06-18 03:35 PM | Reply | Flag:

#22 Name one time when Obama has compromised with republicans.

#32 | Posted by fishpaw at 2014-06-18 03:57 PM | Reply | Flag:

#22 Name one time when Obama has compromised with republicans.

#32 | Posted by fishpaw at 2014-

What I remember from yesterday is that you were going to express happiness for our nation that a wanted and dangerous terrorist had been captured.

I'll hang fire on your new question until you decide to act like you're from around here.

#33 | Posted by Zed at 2014-06-18 04:07 PM | Reply | Flag:

#29 | Posted by Dalton at 2014-06-18 02:14 PMFlag: (Choose)
FunnyNewsworthyOffensiveAbusiv
e

I've seen Obama in all his televised debates. I never saw that.

BS.

#34 | Posted by Zed at 2014-06-18 04:09 PM | Reply | Flag:

I've seen Obama in all his televised debates. I never saw that.

BS.

#34 | Posted by Zed at 2014-06-18 04:09 PM | Reply | Flag:

Ok. Zed. I just know his demeanor changes by pressing his lips and other gestures that show contempt.

#35 | Posted by Dalton at 2014-06-18 04:15 PM | Reply | Flag:

Zed, even take away the debates. He was angry with Maureen Dowd for mentioning the size of his ears. He also shows it when he is questioned by the media.

#36 | Posted by Dalton at 2014-06-18 04:16 PM | Reply | Flag:

Todd has been losing it...for some time now

#37 | Posted by ichiro at 2014-06-18 04:21 PM | Reply | Flag:

You can tell you guys are too emotionally invested in Obama when you criticize a reporter for commenting poll numbers. I don't know who is more thin skinned you. You Obama supporters or him.

#38 | Posted by Dalton at 2014-06-18 04:37 PM | Reply | Flag:

Todd's pompoms are just in the shop. Worry not, the folks at msnbc will get him back on the program.

#39 | Posted by 101Chairborne at 2014-06-18 04:38 PM | Reply | Flag:

"I don't know who is more thin skinned you. You Obama supporters or him."

the cheerleaders, without a doubt.

#40 | Posted by eberly at 2014-06-18 04:40 PM | Reply | Flag:

If only it was over, and that it won't be replaced with something even more fascist.

Dreaming.

#41 | Posted by Shawn at 2014-06-18 04:49 PM | Reply | Flag:

You only saw compromise as weakness, and by and large you spat on him.

You talking about our enemies or conservatives?

#42 | Posted by boaz at 2014-06-18 04:57 PM | Reply | Flag:

#35 | Posted by Dalton at 2014

Pretty crazy. I don't think this happens; I don't see it. But, to the extent that it might.....Are you really, really that unsettled by pursed lips?

Bedwetter.

#43 | Posted by Zed at 2014-06-18 07:02 PM | Reply | Flag:

obama's got 2 1/2 years to go and he's just getting warmed up. Who's going to stop him?

#44 | Posted by lel2007 at 2014-06-18 09:23 PM | Reply | Flag:

Has Chuck Todd considered the fact that he is irrelevant, that most Democrats ignore everything he has to say, don't watch his show, ignore him completely. He, together with David Gregory, have become REpublican hacks on MSNBC. Everyone I know completely ignores them, we don't tune in to any program they are a part of. If we want Fox, we'll go to Fox.

#45 | Posted by danni at 2014-06-18 09:42 PM | Reply | Flag:

So Lets impeach him.................

#46 | Posted by tmaster at 2014-06-19 12:32 AM | Reply | Flag:

So Lets impeach him.................
#46 | POSTED BY TMASTER

Nah.... let him sit on the can like he has for the last 6 years and read about the world from the newspaper.

#45 | POSTED BY DANNI

Thanks for playing though.

#47 | Posted by AndreaMackris at 2014-06-19 01:08 AM | Reply | Flag:

#47 | Posted by AndreaMackris a

Oh, the Internet Game.....I can play....The fact that you comment on a discussion of Todd's lack of revelancy teaches me that you're afraid he might be.

#48 | Posted by Zed at 2014-06-19 07:09 AM | Reply | Flag:

Yeah, Zed. He's certainly no Paul Krugman.

#49 | Posted by wisgod at 2014-06-19 07:38 AM | Reply | Flag:

This stuff is hilarious. Todd defends the bungler n chief constantly and the one time he says something negative based on polling he's no longer relevant. Like I said you Obama supporters are the most thin skinned people in the world. You should never be so emotionally invested in a politician.

#50 | Posted by Dalton at 2014-06-19 09:13 AM | Reply | Flag:

Like I said you Obama supporters are the most thin skinned people in the world.

#50 | Posted by Dalton at 2014

We're not the one's fantasizing Obama mean-mugs Republicans during debates.

To the extent Obama makes ANY special faces on television, the fact that you Yahoos think they're meant for you and you alone is about the craziest thing I have ever heard.

We throw around the word paranoid a lot here. But you behavior is paranoid, as in mentally disturbed.

#51 | Posted by Zed at 2014-06-19 10:35 AM | Reply | Flag:

You should never be so emotionally invested in a politician (Obama).

#50 | Posted by Dalton at 2014-06-19 09:13 AMFlag: (Choose)
FunnyNewsworthyOffensiveAbusiv
e

That would be one reason for you not to attack him so much, also.

You really don't get things like that, do you?

#52 | Posted by Zed at 2014-06-19 10:36 AM | Reply | Flag:

Zed, you are a liar plain and simple. I never once said any of Obama's little pouty faces were meant for me. Just that he does it. Where as most politicians don't. You are one of the most dishonest people on this site assigning positions to people that never uttered a word close to what you claim. The fact that you behave in such a dishonest way to defend Obama makes YOU insane. You prove with every dishonest post you make the point that you are a thin skinned Obama sychophant.

#53 | Posted by Dalton at 2014-06-19 10:47 AM | Reply | Flag:

"Todd defends the bungler n chief constantly and the one time he says something negative based on polling he's no longer relevant. "

Nonsense. Chuck Todd and David Gregory have never been Obama supporters, they point out every political problem he has and allow the right to attack him mercilessly while never even raising an eyebrow.

#54 | Posted by danni at 2014-06-19 10:51 AM | Reply | Flag:

"The fact that you write such a long explanation of MrTodd's irrelevancy, tells me he isn't so irrelevant.
Thanks for playing though."

The fact that you are here defending proves my point. Democrats do ignore him and Republicans adore him.

#55 | Posted by danni at 2014-06-19 10:52 AM | Reply | Flag:

#53 | Posted by Dalton at 2014-06-19 10:47 AM

I'm not sure why I'd respond to such a strange post:

That Obama makes faces......And it really doesn't mean anything or have any significance, I know that.....I just thought I'd say that he makes pouty faces.

There was a context to your remarks. Try-and-remember.

#56 | Posted by Zed at 2014-06-19 10:55 AM | Reply | Flag:

#54 | Posted by danni at 2014-06-19 10:51 AM | Reply | Flag

Danni should Todd only point out the big wins for the president? I guess you think Rachel Maddow or Chris Matthews is down the middle on the president?

#57 | Posted by Dalton at 2014-06-19 10:56 AM | Reply | Flag:

I do remember Zed. It's in the context of Obama being thin skinned. Much like you.

#58 | Posted by Dalton at 2014-06-19 10:57 AM | Reply | Flag:

#35 | Posted by Dalton at 2014

Who is it you think Obama is attempting to demonstrate contempt towards with all his mean-mugging, DALTON?

#59 | Posted by Zed at 2014-06-19 10:59 AM | Reply | Flag:

I think Obama is remarkably cool when speaking or debating. I think this "thin-skinned" nonsense has as little reality as that teleprompter nonsense.

I think you people imagine it all. Imagine, as in create out of thin air. No, nothing crazy about that.

#60 | Posted by Zed at 2014-06-19 11:03 AM | Reply | Flag:

Anyone who dares to mention his shortcomings as president. You're pathetic.

#61 | Posted by Dalton at 2014-06-19 11:04 AM | Reply | Flag:

Anyone who dares to mention his shortcomings as president.

#61 | Posted by Dalton at 2014-06-19 11:04 AM | Re

We're talking about your short-comings, sad to say.

President Truman was known to lose his temper publically. President Truman was known to take critiques personally.

My observation is that this has happened rarely, or not at all, with Obama.

#62 | Posted by Zed at 2014-06-19 11:06 AM | Reply | Flag:

Fact is the majority of Americans think Obama isn't doing a good job. Whether Chuck Todd says it out loud or not doesn't change this fact. Since Americans think he's doing a poor job he will continue to get less and less done. Sure he'll proclaim something about immigration or gay rights. He will declare "I've got a phone and a pen" which will only make him less popular. The conflicts that are going on in the various contries will get worse. Russia and China will have less respect for the US and the 40% who think Obama is doing a good job will only grow more and more defensive.

#63 | Posted by Dalton at 2014-06-19 11:17 AM | Reply | Flag:

Fact is the majority of Americans think Obama isn't doing a good job.

#63 | Posted by Dalton at 2014-06-19 11:17

Well, DALTON----When a majority of Americans thought he was doing well, did that matter at all to you?

Of course not. Obama's has his faults, I know what they are, and I'm betting that he's thought a lot about them himself, personally, late at night after a hard day.

You guys never do that. We've got Dick and Liz Cheney this week to prove that in spades. Virtually your entire lives is devoted to blaming the mess you made in the kitchen on the dog.

I don't think Obama will be remembered as a great president. He will also not be recalled as being a failure.

He may eventually get a chapter in Profiles In Courage because he waded through the fetid, at times frankly un-American, swamp the modern Republican Party has put him through with such evident good grace.

#64 | Posted by Zed at 2014-06-19 11:27 AM | Reply | Flag:

"Fact is the majority of Americans think Obama isn't doing a good job."

Our country is in great danger, as the Iraq invasion proves, from all the propaganda channels and radio stations.
Thousands died because of the right wing talkers on TV and radio, a few are admitting they were wrong but not enough of them and far too late anyway.
Then you post about poll numbers as if they actually have any real relationship to the actual job the President is doing. Ridiculous.

#65 | Posted by danni at 2014-06-19 11:30 AM | Reply | Flag:

DALTON, I remember when you people really started going over the edge. That was 1994. Most of you frankly dove off a cliff in 2002, when war-fever was building.

What you've been doing since Obama was elected, figuratively speaking, is self-righteously picking through garbage cans and mumbling to yourselves.

In short, you people are crazy. A majority of you want a new war in Iraq, for God's sakes.

Maybe Ted Cruz will pick Dick Cheney as his running mate in 2016. In your world, its possible. I dare to you to deny it.

#66 | Posted by Zed at 2014-06-19 11:30 AM | Reply | Flag:

"Thousands died because of the right wing talkers on TV and radio,"

wow

#67 | Posted by eberly at 2014-06-19 11:36 AM | Reply | Flag:

Hello Lame Duck
My old friend
It's great to see you
Once again
To neuter yet another man
Ruling blindly without a plan
And the people that he kills
Indiscriminately
Can rest in peace
With the joy
Of the Lame Duck

#68 | Posted by kanrei at 2014-06-19 11:41 AM | Reply | Flag:

"The majority of Americans don't really think at all, they mostly parrot what they are told by their favorite media outlets who dumb down the news to a fifth grade level and slant it towards a very corporate agenda."

Awww, danni...c'mon now. these "parrots" include a lot of the graduates from your Institute of political Science and Economics. I mean, after all, when Chris Matthews , MSNBC, NBC and others have joined the disapproval parade you HAVE to be smart enough to see that you and your radical leftist pals are the only ones remaining in the approval column. Where you been? Are you just stuck entirely in the Redskin issues???

"President Barack Obama is taking a long Fathers Day weekend vacation in California as his administration founders under the weight of accumulating damage from myriad scandals, an un-stemmed flood of illegal alien children on the U.S. southern border and the near collapse of Iraq.

The Gallup poll three day average of Obama's approval-disapproval released Sunday, June 15 has his disapproval hitting 55%, nearing the record high Gallup disapproval set in late August 2011.

Obama's approval rating is at 40% putting him underwater by a remarkable 15 points."

www.thegatewaypundit.com

I notice here too that they referred to the "Myriad scandals" and omitted the word, "phoney."

#69 | Posted by jestgettinalong at 2014-06-19 11:54 AM | Reply | Flag:

#68 | POSTED BY KANREI

Hey, Kan, how are you doing? Well, I hope. Good to see your name here.

#70 | Posted by jestgettinalong at 2014-06-19 11:55 AM | Reply | Flag:

I am doing AWESOME! Had my port removed yesterday so my Cancer games are now OVER!!!! 100% cancer free!!!!

#71 | Posted by kanrei at 2014-06-19 11:57 AM | Reply | Flag:

Eberly, that's what the thin skinned Obama supporters do. Just like the administration they now claim people are stupid after claiming the American people were smart enough to elect Obama. I actually voted for Bill in the first election I was old enough to vote in. As far as the thousands that died b/c of the right. You should remember that nearly everyone republican or democrat went out of their way to support the war in Iraq. If you wan't to claim they (Hillary) were duped into it then they aren't smart enough to be president.

#72 | Posted by Dalton at 2014-06-19 11:59 AM | Reply | Flag:

Great to hear Kanrei.

#73 | Posted by Dalton at 2014-06-19 12:00 PM | Reply | Flag:

Kanrei,

Awesome news. Congrats!!

#74 | Posted by eberly at 2014-06-19 12:02 PM | Reply | Flag:

=D Thanks Guys!!!

#75 | Posted by kanrei at 2014-06-19 12:03 PM | Reply | Flag:

"I agree with you about the majority of americans being stupid....but that post above????
wow"

It wasn't as if the invasion of Iraq was done in secret, there were 100s of thousands in the streets protesting while being ignored by our media, we had talk radio and TV broadcasters calling opponents to the war traitors, etc. You don't see any need to examine just how so much or the media went right along with the administration almost as if orchestrated by it? A nation that has cheerleaders instead of news reporters is in danger of doing things exactly like the Iraq invasion, if we don't somehow change our media something like this will happen again.
Media consolidation is a grave danger to this country.

#76 | Posted by danni at 2014-06-19 12:12 PM | Reply | Flag:

"100% cancer free!!!!"

Fantastic news! Thought of you often during these months you were gone.

#77 | Posted by danni at 2014-06-19 12:13 PM | Reply | Flag:

Blame OJ and CNN. The invention of profit driven news killed the truth.

#78 | Posted by kanrei at 2014-06-19 12:13 PM | Reply | Flag:

#79 | Posted by kanrei at 2014-06-19 12:14 PM | Reply | Flag:

"Media consolidation is a grave danger to this country."

weak leadership is a grave danger to this country.

which doesn't matter to you now anyway, does it?

#80 | Posted by eberly at 2014-06-19 12:16 PM | Reply | Flag:

"A nation that has cheerleaders instead of news reporters.."

cheerleaders report to other cheerleaders.

But I suspect you would have preferred to not have used that word.

#81 | Posted by eberly at 2014-06-19 12:18 PM | Reply | Flag:

It sort of did. Remember post-9/11. Either you were with us or against us. I remember because I was routinely attacked for opposing the wars in Iraq and Afghanistan at the time. Those whose jobs depend on popular opinion (AKA those in power) will cater their views to the polls. When 91% of America supports something, it is political suicide to oppose it.

#82 | Posted by kanrei at 2014-06-19 12:18 PM | Reply | Flag:

"the media didn't literally force Hillary Clinton from voting to authorize military force in Iraq.
which doesn't matter to you now anyway, does it?"

Put it this way, that still matters a whole lot more than Benghazi ever did.

#83 | Posted by danni at 2014-06-19 12:19 PM | Reply | Flag:

"I'd like to think you just stumbled onto a fact I've been trying to get you to see for some time."

#84 | Posted by danni at 2014-06-19 12:20 PM | Reply | Flag:

And I'll be honest about it, I supported the Afghanistan invasion even though I really knew it was stupid for any nation to invade Afghanistan. That was where Al Quaeda was though.

#85 | Posted by danni at 2014-06-19 12:21 PM | Reply | Flag:

"Remember post-9/11. Either you were with us or against us."

Unless we are going to give everyone a pass for their support.

which we're not....so let's top pretending

#86 | Posted by eberly at 2014-06-19 12:25 PM | Reply | Flag:

Unless we are going to give everyone a pass for their support.

I don't. There were a few brave enough to place what was right over their career.

I am saying I understand, not that I forgive or forget.

#87 | Posted by kanrei at 2014-06-19 12:27 PM | Reply | Flag:

"I know. But that didn't force Hillary, a Senator from blue blue blue New York vote that way....unless it's all about her future political career."

I don't know her motive for her vote but I do know that Barack Obama is President today because of her vote. It cost her dearly and it may still be a burden to heavy if she plans to be President. She hasn't announced she will even run yet nor have we seen which other Democrats will throw their hats in the ring. I wish Bob Graham wasn't so old.

#88 | Posted by danni at 2014-06-19 12:28 PM | Reply | Flag:

"I could see that the Iraq war was a mistake before we made the mistake, how about you?"

I was for getting Saddam.

Not for occupying Iraq. I've never seen the value of nation building is those crapholes.

but it's a mistake everyone seems to be willing to make over and over....so what do I know?

But if the Iraq invasion was that important to me (if I couldn't stop talking about it for 10 years)....then I wouldn't vote for Hillary Clinton.

how about you?

#89 | Posted by eberly at 2014-06-19 12:28 PM | Reply | Flag:

how about you?

I voted for Jill Stein in 2012. Won't vote DNC nor RNC in 2016.

#90 | Posted by kanrei at 2014-06-19 12:29 PM | Reply | Flag:

"how about you?"

You already know I will vote against whoever the Republicans put up there. I will vote for Hillary if she is the nominee but I want Bernie Sanders to run, as a Democrat, so that TPP, Iraq War, Keystone pipeline, citizens united, etc. will all be issues debated so that Hillary will have to tell us clearly what her position is on those things today. She will have to explain her Iraq War vote and take responsibility for it.

#91 | Posted by danni at 2014-06-19 12:32 PM | Reply | Flag:

Supreme Court appointments are for life, that makes voting independent too costly for my kids and grandkids generations. We simply cannot afford any more right wing conservative appointees.

#92 | Posted by danni at 2014-06-19 12:34 PM | Reply | Flag:

We simply cannot afford any more right wing conservative appointees.

Or Left wing. In fact, the court should be wingless.

#93 | Posted by kanrei at 2014-06-19 12:35 PM | Reply | Flag:

Hillary has already answered the pipeline question when she was asked she said she couldn't comment on it. Which means she will approve it after getting elected. If you think Bernie Sanders has any chance at being president you don't have a clue. Hillary won't directly answer any questions b/c she's running to be the first woman president and that's it.

#94 | Posted by Dalton at 2014-06-19 12:37 PM | Reply | Flag:

"You already know I will vote against whoever the Republicans put up there."

#95 | Posted by eberly at 2014-06-19 12:43 PM | Reply | Flag:

Few people like a standing president. People generally like an ex-president. Ten years from now the country will be reminiscing about Obama and how good he was as commander in chief. They will be talking about how Michelle should run.

#96 | Posted by Grendel at 2014-06-19 12:45 PM | Reply | Flag: | Newsworthy 1

"I could see that the Iraq war was a mistake before we made the mistake,..."

Our mistake is something we repeat over and over beginning in Korea. IF, I say IF we go in, forget all about the kinder, gentler methods of warfare. Let's go in to WIN, kinda like ISIS is doing now, but without the atrocities. Look at their rapid success, no PC or kinder or gentler tactics with them. The rules of engagement (ROE) are stifling us in Afghanistan now too. I'm not saying we should try to solve everything militarily, but once a president or Congress has committed the military, let them win. We need more Schwarzkophs and fewer gentleman generals.

#97 | Posted by jestgettinalong at 2014-06-19 12:46 PM | Reply | Flag:

Chuck Todd has come a long way in a short time, from newbie Hill cub reporter with an occasional 30 second CSPAN slot, to one who now knows that Obama is through. So who was pushing his sled up the media ladder? Apparently he has the pedigree and standard demographics that are needed to advance in the media.

#98 | Posted by Robson at 2014-06-19 12:49 PM | Reply | Flag:

"Hillary appreciates that. Well, not really. She can take your support for granted.....as it's assured no matter what."

Whoever the Republican nominee can take my opposition for granted. It is just as valid of a choice to vote against those who I believe are destroying our country as it is to vote for someone who won't be elected but who is ideologically pure.

#99 | Posted by danni at 2014-06-19 01:43 PM | Reply | Flag:

.... "Chuck Todd: Obama's Presidency is Over"

**** It's NOT the Obama Presidency...It's the Rockefeller/Rothschild Presidency...They Bought It...They OWN It!

#100 | Posted by AntiCadillac at 2014-06-19 08:10 PM | Reply | Flag:

We simply cannot afford any more right wing conservative appointees.

Or Left wing. In fact, the court should be wingless.

#93 | Posted by kanrei

Like a big Ostrich with it's head in the sand.

Welcome back Kanrei! What..no song to go with this news ...like

"Once upon a time I was falling in love.

Now I'm only falling apart.

There's nothing I can do, total eclipse of the heart."

#101 | Posted by donnerboy at 2014-06-19 08:22 PM | Reply | Flag:

"What..no song to go with this news ...like..."

I'm glad to read that Kanrei is not dead and all that warm fuzzy stuff but please, please, don't encourage him to start sharing his lyrics again.

#102 | Posted by Hagbard_Celine at 2014-06-19 08:47 PM | Reply | Flag:

Obama's presidency was over before he became POTUS. It was all image and no substance. Besides, he's controlled by the same folks that have been at the helm of the last few presidents. Who do you think the wall street investment bankers and corporate America rule? Obama was thrown in there by the same people that have and are attempting to continue to control this country. Heck, they just threw a healthcare bill across his desk to sign and he didn't have a clue what was in it----along with congress. They probably put together the "hopey changey" thing just to get Americans to think they were going to get something different.

#103 | Posted by matsop at 2014-06-19 09:27 PM | Reply | Flag:

His presidency is not over. They can't stay. I think.

#104 | Posted by Petrous at 2014-06-19 09:39 PM | Reply | Flag:

"Obama's presidency was over before he became POTUS."

ACA along with many other things makes that a really sutpid comment but then you are famous for stupid comments. It's just one more.

#105 | Posted by danni at 2014-06-19 09:55 PM | Reply | Flag:

Pot/kettle.

#106 | Posted by 101Chairborne at 2014-06-19 09:55 PM | Reply | Flag:

"Pot/kettle."

One got us into Iraq, one got us out. Yeah right, they are basically the same.

#107 | Posted by danni at 2014-06-19 10:00 PM | Reply | Flag:

I was talking about you being known for your less than stellar comments.
You know, like pretending Obama got us out while acknowledging he tried to keep us there, even though ultimately it was Bush's timeline all along.

#108 | Posted by 101Chairborne at 2014-06-19 10:29 PM | Reply | Flag:

By the way, sutpid, the guy that got us in, also got us out via his timeline.

#109 | Posted by 101Chairborne at 2014-06-19 10:31 PM | Reply | Flag:

"You seem confused as to what story you want to settle on as far as Obama and our Iraq pullout are concerned."

There's a lot of that going around.

#110 | Posted by REDIAL at 2014-06-19 10:34 PM | Reply | Flag:

Yep. People ignore the truth in order to root for their team. They're laughable.

#111 | Posted by 101Chairborne at 2014-06-19 10:44 PM | Reply | Flag:

"People ignore the truth in order to root for their team."

True that.

One side says President Bush's timeline got the US out of Iraq and ended the war.

The other side says President Obama pulled out too soon and caused the current conflict.

#112 | Posted by REDIAL at 2014-06-19 10:52 PM | Reply | Flag:

What about the side that claims Obama got us out, while ignoring it was Bush's timeline? They used to conveniently ignore obama's failed negotiation to keep us there, but now they pretend it was his plan all along.

#113 | Posted by 101Chairborne at 2014-06-19 11:10 PM | Reply | Flag:

"What about the side that claims Obama got us out, while ignoring it was Bush's timeline?"

Same thing. They just claim President Bush's timeline forced the US to withdraw too soon, causing the current situation in Iraq.

Both sides want to ignore the simple fact that the Iraq situation can't be fixed.

#114 | Posted by REDIAL at 2014-06-20 12:05 AM | Reply | Flag:

One got us into Iraq, one got us out. Yeah right, they are basically the same.

#107 | Posted by danni at 2014-06-19 10:00 PM | Reply | Flag

Then one got us back in.

#115 | Posted by Dalton at 2014-06-20 09:43 AM | Reply | Flag:

I don't understand why Danni and others won't recognize that Obama wanted to stay in Iraq. Obama is now blaming this problem on the PM (whatever his name is) for not accepting Obama's offer to keep troops there.

It's sort of stupid to continue denying that Obama followed the timeline he inherited and even tried to keep troops there longer.

I'm not judging or criticizing Obama by pointing that out. It's just way it is..

#116 | Posted by eberly at 2014-06-20 09:49 AM | Reply | Flag:

What's funny about Danni is that she claimed Obama didn't really try to get a deal with the Iraqi government. Now that Iraq has caught fire she says Obama couldn't get a deal. I admit I voted for Bush b/c Al Gore is a loser that was bought and paid for by China. Kerry was a phony "war hero" who married into money and called men like my father a war criminal once he left vietnam but, I've never been so emotionally invested in a politician or party that I would shame myself like some on this site.

#117 | Posted by Dalton at 2014-06-20 10:02 AM | Reply | Flag:

and she does it for free.

#118 | Posted by eberly at 2014-06-20 10:13 AM | Reply | Flag:

Its over.

Doesn't Obama have some painting to do or some brush to clear?

#119 | Posted by donnerboy at 2014-06-20 10:15 AM | Reply | Flag:

Doesn't Obama have some painting to do or some brush to clear?

#119 | Posted by donnerboy

He'd screw that up too.

#120 | Posted by wisgod at 2014-06-20 10:21 AM | Reply | Flag:

#118 She'd probably pay to do it.

#121 | Posted by Dalton at 2014-06-20 10:42 AM | Reply | Flag:

Obama is the true international man of mystery. We don't know for sure where he was born, (more than likely in Washington state or across the border in Vancouver) don't know who his father is,(most of the evidence is on Frank Marshall Davis, the physical similarities are astounding), don't know how he got into Columbia, (but he probily claimed to be Indonesian exchange student.). I hope the next POTUS unseals his records- Obama has spent 10s of millions of dollars keeping his past public records under raps. My transcripts are public record, why aren't his?

#122 | Posted by docnjo at 2014-06-20 11:28 AM | Reply | Flag:

71: Kanrei!!!! Glad you're back and more importantly, healthy! I'm glad I checked back on this thread if only for this reason: I know. :)

#123 | Posted by pragmatist at 2014-06-20 11:34 AM | Reply | Flag:

Heh, more fake, faux, fox BS rage.

Everyone loves the president and knows how much he's accomplished in spite of insurmountable odds trying to govern when the GOP has gone off the rails.

#124 | Posted by drewl at 2014-06-20 11:53 AM | Reply | Flag:

My transcripts are public record, why aren't his?

#122 | POSTED BY DOCNJO

Obama is President of the United States of America. Why aren't you?

#125 | Posted by donnerboy at 2014-06-20 08:29 PM | Reply | Flag: