Sunday, June 15, 2014

Maybe the really were too cool for school. People who were popular in middle school are more likely to have drug and relationship problems by age 22 than their less-popular peers, according to researchers from the University of Virginia. Maybe the really were too cool for school.

Liberal Blog Advertising Network

Menu

Subscriptions

Author Info

afkabl2

MORE STORIES

I, OF COURSE, am an exception.

Comments

What about us very cool aging adults? We inevitably will not stay that way either. Life is always made up of a temporary state of mind where confidence, success and happiness ebbs and flows.

Golf is one game that clearly demonstrates this.

#1 | Posted by Robson at 2014-06-15 08:04 AM | Reply | Flag: | Newsworthy 1

Its called "Henry Winkler Syndrome".
One minute your telling your friends to "sit on it". The next your cellmate is.....

Is saying "cool" even cool anymore?

#2 | Posted by soulfly at 2014-06-15 12:17 PM | Reply | Flag:

it is IF you say it like this....almost in two parts...with a lot of "U" sound.

kouuuul...

#3 | Posted by afkabl2 at 2014-06-15 01:40 PM | Reply | Flag:

I drink, I fall down, NO problem.

#4 | Posted by nutcase at 2014-06-15 04:20 PM | Reply | Flag:

It's spelled "kool kidz", if you are kool.

#5 | Posted by nullifidian at 2014-06-15 04:24 PM | Reply | Flag:

Revenge of the Nerds indeed.

#6 | Posted by BruceBanner at 2014-06-15 05:57 PM | Reply | Flag:

"Maybe the really were too cool for school."

Dang it afk.

Even when I think I agree with you, your spelling annoys me.

It's "they" not "the".

#7 | Posted by Tor at 2014-06-15 08:13 PM | Reply | Flag: | Funny: 1

I was lucky.

I was not one of the cool kids. I was in the computer lab playing around with Advanced Basic. The "cool" kids were too busy ignoring me.

Now, 25 years later, I ignore the men who used to be so cool. The women are thirsty, especially the single ones. If I were not married, banging a woman over 40 years old is so easy.

They (the cool kids) are just now realizing that they cant get back that productive time between the ages of 17 and 26 where they screwed off and thought the world was like their high school clique.

There is this girl I adored in middle school and high school. She would never have dated me. I had my share of friends, but I wasn't with the ubber cool crowd. I thought she was so hot.

Now I cant get her to stop trying to friend me on facebook.

#8 | Posted by boaz at 2014-06-16 09:32 AM | Reply | Flag: | Funny: 1

Now I cant get her to stop trying to friend me on facebook.

#8 | POSTED BY BOAZ

Just because everyone else does something does not make it or you "cool"... for instance facebook.

#9 | Posted by donnerboy at 2014-06-16 12:07 PM | Reply | Flag:

You misunderstand. I realized early on the game. Now, later in life, the game is turned on the people from high school...

I had no need to be in their "cool" group..certainly don't need it now.

#11 | Posted by boaz at 2014-06-16 12:21 PM | Reply | Flag:

"Now I cant get her to stop trying to friend me on facebook.
#8 | POSTED BY BOAZ"

I don't get it. Why don't you just accept her friend request? She's probably not trying to bang you, dummy. Just because you weren't cool back then doesn't mean you're cool now.

#12 | Posted by mOntecOre at 2014-06-16 02:20 PM | Reply | Flag: | Funny: 2 | Newsworthy 2

"Maybe the really were too cool for school."

Dang it afk.

Even when I think I agree with you, your spelling annoys me.

It's "they" not "the".

#7 | Posted by Tor at 2014

dang it Tor...first of all it WOULD be a simple typo BUT if you were to read the article and you would see that the typo is in the part that I copied and pasted...thank you for your support...

#13 | Posted by afkabl2 at 2014-06-16 03:05 PM | Reply | Flag:

.... "Cooler Kids Have More Drug Problems"

**** Conclusion: If you really want to be COOL Kids...Do More Drugs!

#14 | Posted by AntiCadillac at 2014-06-16 08:06 PM | Reply | Flag: