Sunday, June 15, 2014

The longest postseason for the Los Angeles Kings led into the longest game they had ever played. After 94 minutes of impossibly tense hockey, Alec Martinez could scarcely believe it when a rebound off Henrik Lundqvist's pads came straight to his stick. "After it went in, I think I blacked out," Martinez said. "I'm just so happy for these guys." From their first elimination game seven weeks ago to Martinez's championship-winning goal, these Kings were resilient, relentless and remarkable. And now they have the Stanley Cup. Again.

Liberal Blog Advertising Network

Menu

Subscriptions

Author Info

nullifidian

MORE STORIES

Comments

There was more dramatic action in this one game then a dozen World Cup games.

#1 | Posted by nullifidian at 2014-06-14 01:47 PM | Reply | Flag:

The Kings run was the most impressive championship run I've ever seen.

#2 | Posted by lee_the_agent at 2014-06-14 07:22 PM | Reply | Flag: | Newsworthy 1

Amazing. I thought they were dead when they went down 0-3 to Anaheim. This playoff run was legendary in hockey or any other sport.

#3 | Posted by nullifidian at 2014-06-14 08:14 PM | Reply | Flag:

I have to agree about the Anaheim series. Even after they won it I thought they were just too vulnerable to win it all. Amazing Gaborik didn't trip and hurt himself some point in the run. Carter/Richards have produced where ever they go they have played together forever - well before the NHL.

#4 | Posted by GalaxiePete at 2014-06-15 12:06 PM | Reply | Flag:

And about 5 people care.

#5 | Posted by pragmatous at 2014-06-15 05:42 PM | Reply | Flag:

Seeing as you were post number 5 Pragmatous I guess that includes you

#6 | Posted by bruceaz at 2014-06-15 05:50 PM | Reply | Flag:

They didn't go down 0-3 to Anaheim. They went down 0-3 to San Jose, and down 2-3 to Anaheim. (They won the first two games against Anaheim.)

#7 | Posted by mOntecOre at 2014-06-15 07:19 PM | Reply | Flag:

So far 7 people care lol. Yes that includes me.

#8 | Posted by pragmatous at 2014-06-15 10:56 PM | Reply | Flag: