Monday, June 16, 2014

Mississippi Sen. Thad Cochran said during a speech at Forrest General Hospital last week that he did "indecent things with animals," a remark people on social media are having a cow about. Opening his speech by telling of his family connections to the Pine Belt area, the 76-year-old Republican said, "[We'd] get back as often as we could because it was fun -- it was an adventure to be out there in the country and see what goes on. Picking up pecans, from that to all kind of indecent things with animals."

Menu

Subscriptions

Author Info

paneocon

MORE STORIES

Comments

Thad Cochran apparently didn't know that Eric Cantor lost

In an interview with Fox News published online Friday, Sen. Thad Cochran (R-Miss.) appeared to indicate that he wasn't aware that House Majority Leader Eric Cantor (R-Va.) lost his primary on Tuesday.

INTERVIEWER: What happened in Virginia the other day, does that concern you for your chances here in this run-off?

COCHRAN: I don't know what you're talking about. What happened in Virginia?

INTERVIEWER: With Eric Cantor losing his seat.

COCHRAN: Well, I haven't followed that campaign very closely at all.

INTERVIEWER: Really?

Later, the interviewer says, "Well, Eric Cantor lost his seat as the Majority Leader." To which Cochran replies, "Well, it happens. Some win, some lose."

www.washingtonpost.com

And it long over due that Sen. Thad Cochran LOSE.

#1 | Posted by paneocon at 2014-06-13 12:16 PM | Reply | Flag:

#1 Yeah, he needs to go, but he may have been referring to blowing frogs up with firecrackers when he referred to indecent acts with animals.

#2 | Posted by MUSTANG at 2014-06-13 01:00 PM | Reply | Flag:

Let me guess.

Its Obamas fault you people live in the gutter.

Are these the sort of "values" you hold dear?

#3 | Posted by ChiefTutMoses at 2014-06-13 01:04 PM | Reply | Flag: | Newsworthy 2

#3 | POSTED BY CHIEFTUTMOSES

Did you have something to offer?

#4 | Posted by paneocon at 2014-06-13 01:06 PM | Reply | Flag:

"Did you have something to offer"

Just did. I pointed to evidence that you are innuendo spewing scum and the worst America has to offer the world.

do you even have any values? or are they all subject to how someone else acts?

#5 | Posted by ChiefTutMoses at 2014-06-13 01:13 PM | Reply | Flag: | Newsworthy 4

#3 Did you even post that to the right thread or did you just have a non-sequitur on a 3x5 card you've been itching to throw in randomly?

#6 | Posted by MUSTANG at 2014-06-13 01:14 PM | Reply | Flag:

#5 What in the HELL are you talking about? Seriously, are you having a stroke, Tut?

#7 | Posted by MUSTANG at 2014-06-13 01:15 PM | Reply | Flag: | Newsworthy 2

Yeah! I often make up scenarios and make wild claims.

Yeah, so d I.
Yeah, me too!

#8 | Posted by 101Chairborne at 2014-06-13 01:17 PM | Reply | Flag:

I pointed to evidence that you are innuendo spewing scum
#5 | POSTED BY CHIEFTUTMOSES

You do realize that this is news and posted on many news agencies?

#9 | Posted by paneocon at 2014-06-13 01:27 PM | Reply | Flag:

I like your story Peneoclon. I am not sure why we give people such responsibility when it's clearly time for them to step down and let someone more engaged take the reigns.

This is not really party line stuff. Whether D or R, this guy has clearly lost his mind.

#10 | Posted by BruceBanner at 2014-06-13 03:02 PM | Reply | Flag:

-this guy has clearly lost his mind.

"Cochran didn't pose for any pictures during his brief sweep. As he made his way toward the exit, the senator held out his hand to me. I had met and interviewed him less than half an hour before.

"Hello, how are you doing?" he said with a kindly smile. "I'm Thad Cochran."

www.theatlantic.com

He's obviously not hitting on all cylinders.

#11 | Posted by Corky at 2014-06-13 03:07 PM | Reply | Flag: | Newsworthy 1

#10 | POSTED BY BRUCEBANNER

It seems like once your in Congress is hard to get people out. Republican and Democrat.

#12 | Posted by paneocon at 2014-06-13 03:14 PM | Reply | Flag:

your = you're

#13 | Posted by paneocon at 2014-06-13 03:16 PM | Reply | Flag:

Low information voters will choose the familiar.

#14 | Posted by BruceBanner at 2014-06-13 04:13 PM | Reply | Flag: | Newsworthy 1

I'm not that old compare to others here.

Has the phrase "indecent" when applied to human interaction with animals always meant what it means now?

#15 | Posted by Tor at 2014-06-13 04:33 PM | Reply | Flag:

Boy, I sure hope so.

#16 | Posted by 101Chairborne at 2014-06-13 04:39 PM | Reply | Flag: | Funny: 1

"Boy, I sure hope so."

Chairborne I would just as soon it be a fact that no US Senator has ever done the nasty with an animal.

#17 | Posted by Tor at 2014-06-13 05:26 PM | Reply | Flag:

He needs to call on Johnny for the Chewbacka defense.
youtu.be

#18 | Posted by xyzpdq at 2014-06-15 09:30 PM | Reply | Flag:

Chochran is a real dipshtt, but he sure was great during the OJ trial.

#19 | Posted by justanoversight at 2014-06-16 10:47 AM | Reply | Flag: | Funny: 1

Nothing I can do about him he is not in my state.

#20 | Posted by tmaster at 2014-06-16 12:01 PM | Reply | Flag:

Am I the only one amazed the people will give control of their lives to someone who is clearly mentally deficient just because that person calls himself "conservative?" And conservative doesn't even mean what it used to. Eisenhower was conservative. Ted Cruz is ------- crazy.

#22 | Posted by SomebodyElse at 2014-06-16 03:08 PM | Reply | Flag: | Newsworthy 3

Somebodyelse

If the option is giving control to the 'Crazy' person, or the 'more crazy' person, I'll choose 'crazy' every time.

You seem to be under the delusion that there is a 'good' choice.

#23 | Posted by USAF242 at 2014-06-16 03:40 PM | Reply | Flag:

#17 | Posted by Tor

Growing up in the country... I can think of 3 people that had supposedly been caught with a farm animal in high school. And knowing those individuals today are about as hardcore conservative as it comes - it wouldn't surprise me if he was serious and not kidding.

#24 | Posted by GalaxiePete at 2014-06-16 03:44 PM | Reply | Flag:

I grew up in the country too, Pete.

not aware of any such behavior from anybody I knew of....not even the accusation of it.

#25 | Posted by eberly at 2014-06-16 03:51 PM | Reply | Flag: | Newsworthy 2

@GALAXIEPETE

It does happen.

But most of the idiots that go and do that at least have the good sense never to mention it on camera as adults.

The fact that cochran brought it up while sober and running for re-election.....

Someone should call the SPCA and have any animals he has access to inspected for abuse.

#26 | Posted by Tor at 2014-06-16 03:51 PM | Reply | Flag:

"You seem to be under the delusion that there is a 'good' choice."

Generally speaking, the one who did indecent things with animals is usually the worse choice. But hey, that's just me, perhaps you see things differently. It's a partially free country.

#28 | Posted by danni at 2014-06-16 03:57 PM | Reply | Flag:

DANNI

Imagine....

....you lived a near 50/50 Rep/Dem district, and control of the house hangs on YOUR district.

The Republican candidate is a provable reliable vote for Tea Party positions, and has not done indecent things with animals.

The Democrat candidate is provably a reliable vote on all the issues you hold dear, and HAS done indecent things with animals.

I know you won't vote R, but would you stay home?

#29 | Posted by USAF242 at 2014-06-16 04:43 PM | Reply | Flag:

Pretty much says it all about modern American Conservatives.

#30 | Posted by TFDNihilist at 2014-06-16 05:58 PM | Reply | Flag: | Newsworthy 1

Pretty much says it all about modern American Conservatives.

#30 | POSTED BY TFDNIHILIST

As if lefties are so morally consistent.

#31 | Posted by JeffJ at 2014-06-16 06:01 PM | Reply | Flag:

#3 | POSTED BY CHIEFTUTMOSES

Did you have something to offer?

#4 | Posted by paneocon

Chi never does.

#32 | Posted by Sniper at 2014-06-16 06:45 PM | Reply | Flag: | Newsworthy 1

#7 | Posted by MUSTANG

It's that damn cactus he smokes.

#33 | Posted by Sniper at 2014-06-16 06:47 PM | Reply | Flag:

TFDNIHILIST

Nice dodge.

Actually, to be honest, crappy dodge.

Choosing the 'least bad option' is not the same as not caring about the 'bad' part of the 'least bad option', but you again show that you are too stupid to comprehend that.

And when 'bad options' are all you've got, the ultimate moral failure is to give even trying.

So in a crap situation would you choose your 'least bad option', or just give up trying and spew meaningless drivel that does not even address the point.... oh, I guess we already know your answer that question...

#34 | Posted by USAF242 at 2014-06-16 06:58 PM | Reply | Flag:

He's obviously not hitting on all cylinders.

#11 | Posted by Corky

Prime GOP Presidential material.

#35 | Posted by northguy3 at 2014-06-16 07:05 PM | Reply | Flag: | Newsworthy 2

Prime GOP Presidential material.

Posted by northguy3

I did not have sex with that cow!

-Bubba Clintoon

#37 | Posted by Greatamerican at 2014-06-16 07:37 PM | Reply | Flag:

I see nothing wrong with expecting people to actually believe the things they are saying. If someone can't live up to the standards they are expecting others to live by, then they should keep their mouth shut.
Truth is most Americans would vote for Mikey Mouse if he spouted the right BS.
I prefer deeds over blather.

#38 | Posted by TFDNihilist at 2014-06-17 01:10 AM | Reply | Flag:

i remember as a kid thinking people said "---- a duck" just because it rhymed & boys liked being gross...

#39 | Posted by kenx at 2014-06-17 07:51 AM | Reply | Flag:

"So USAF, you're saying you don't care if someone actually lives a conservative life, as long as they vote that way?
#30 | Posted by TFDNihilist"

No he's not. Doing indecent things with animals IS living a conservative life.

#40 | Posted by mOntecOre at 2014-06-17 04:54 PM | Reply | Flag:

"I did not have sex with that cow!

-Bubba Clintoon"

You raise a good point.

At least Clinton was only interested in women.

#41 | Posted by Tor at 2014-06-17 06:15 PM | Reply | Flag:

He said, "I'm the mayor"
"Don't let my horse see you" I replied. "He hasn't seen a mare in four months!"

#42 | Posted by FlyUntied at 2014-06-17 07:13 PM | Reply | Flag:

Why is this thread still on the front page or up at all? Is it because it's about a Republican?

#43 | Posted by boaz at 2014-06-17 07:41 PM | Reply | Flag: