Monday, June 09, 2014

Jon Meis: On Thursday, my life changed. I was thrown into a life and death situation, and through God's grace I was able to stop the attacker and walk away unharmed. ... I would encourage that hate be met with love. When I came face to face with the attacker, God gave me the eyes to see that he was not a faceless monster, but a very sad and troubled young man. While I cannot at this time find it within me to forgive his crime, I truly desire that he will find the grace of God and the forgiveness of our community.

Liberal Blog Advertising Network

Menu

Subscriptions

Author Info

rcade

MORE STORIES

Comments

And some wonder what the attraction to Christianity is.

Is Meis old enough to be in congress?

#1 | Posted by Tor at 2014-06-09 11:01 PM | Reply | Flag:

Wow, what a profound statement from this young man. Indeed Tor, this man is a fine representation of a true Christian.

#2 | Posted by Daniel at 2014-06-09 11:14 PM | Reply | Flag: | Newsworthy 1

Is Meis old enough to be in congress?

#1 | POSTED BY TOR AT 2014-06-09 11:01 PM | FLAG:

Hardcore Christian NRA supporter and fan of firearm concealment, he'd make a great champion for the Tea Party.

#3 | Posted by sitzkrieg at 2014-06-10 08:06 AM | Reply | Flag:

As far as I know, Meis hasn't done any interviews either. It's pretty rare for somebody not to grab hold of the overnight fame by both hands. I know I would.

#4 | Posted by rcade at 2014-06-10 10:25 AM | Reply | Flag:

Turns out he's not a hero after all. God did it.

Just kidding.

Good for him that he's being humble about it.

#5 | Posted by Sully at 2014-06-10 10:46 AM | Reply | Flag:

#3 you forgot "hate be met with love", automatic disqualification from the tea party.

#6 | Posted by bored at 2014-06-10 03:08 PM | Reply | Flag: | Newsworthy 1

He didn't meet hate with love. He met hate and pepper sprayed it.

#7 | Posted by sitzkrieg at 2014-06-10 04:09 PM | Reply | Flag:

SITZKRIEG considering Meis was well within his legal rights to stab the shooter in the face till he died pepper spray was an act of love.

What's more he feels sorry for the shooter and wants to forgive him.

That is clearly love.

#8 | Posted by Tor at 2014-06-10 04:27 PM | Reply | Flag:

He feels bad for him, but forgiveness isn't on the menu yet.

"While I cannot at this time find it within me to forgive his crime"

#9 | Posted by sitzkrieg at 2014-06-10 04:40 PM | Reply | Flag:

Bad SITZKRIEG!

In context the quote is:

"While I cannot at this time find it within me to forgive his crime, I truly desire that he will find the grace of God and the forgiveness of our community."

#10 | Posted by Tor at 2014-06-10 04:43 PM | Reply | Flag:

He desires to forgive him...means he hasn't forgave him yet.

But, he did show love. There are many forms love. Being understanding and careful and letting him live instead of going into rage taking his weapon and killing him is harder to do in the opinion of this Devil Dog. It would have been easier in the heat of the moment to kill him with his own weapon(or let him kill himself with the knife as he had planned to do) and let God sort it out.

No one would have blamed him if he had.

#11 | Posted by donnerboy at 2014-06-10 08:12 PM | Reply | Flag:

Careful of letting him live? He sprayed while the guy was trying to reload. Other staff members tackled and disarmed that guy according to wikipedia. If he picked up the shotgun, loaded it, and shot a pepper sprayed, disarmed, restrained attacker who was tackled by other staff members.. that's probably exceeding self-defense a little bit. Not sure you'd get prosecuted for it, but it's certainly unwise.

#12 | Posted by sitzkrieg at 2014-06-10 08:57 PM | Reply | Flag: