Sunday, June 08, 2014

Desperate to empty the Guantanamo Bay prison by the end of his term, Obama quietly is giving "get out of jail free" cards for the flimsiest of excuses.

Liberal Blog Advertising Network

Menu

Subscriptions

Author Info

mysterytoy

MORE STORIES

Comments

Oh, I thought it was going to be the Onion, but turns out just New York Post. Equally reliable. Less funny.

#1 | Posted by zeropointnrg at 2014-06-08 03:49 PM | Reply | Flag:

#1 | Posted by zeropointnrg

Almost as funny as trading 5 Taliban generals for a deserter. LMAO

#2 | Posted by mysterytoy at 2014-06-08 04:17 PM | Reply | Flag:

I saw this headline in the grocery store today. I put little stock in it. NY Post writers have written some of the best headlines in the biz, though (Headless Body Found in Topless Bar comes to mind).

#3 | Posted by pragmatist at 2014-06-08 08:05 PM | Reply | Flag: | Funny: 1

I have mixed feelings about this. I said years ago that taking these people into US custody was a mistake. Should have just let the Northern Alliance kill them. Once the US did take them into custody, it becamse inevitable that eventually we'd have to start letting them go. So part of me thinks that the Obama admin is stuck with a mess they didn't create.

That said, I don't like the idea of portraying these guys as reformed or non-threats. If you want to let them go because we can't legally hold them, fine. But there is no reason to lie about who and what they are.

#4 | Posted by Sully at 2014-06-09 10:39 AM | Reply | Flag:

And the retort back page finally finds its worth.

#5 | Posted by Shawn at 2014-06-09 10:54 PM | Reply | Flag: