Friday, June 06, 2014

Several people have been injured after Sikh groups brandishing swords clashed at India's Golden Temple as special prayers were held to mark the deadly military offensive there in 1984. Reports said the fight at Sikhism's holiest shrine was over who would speak first at the ceremony and that a scuffle broke out over a microphone. Footage showed men running down temple steps lashing out with their swords. Reports said at least three people had been taken to hospital with injuries.

Liberal Blog Advertising Network

Menu

Subscriptions

Author Info

sitzkrieg

MORE STORIES

Comments

Well they certainly care.......

#1 | Posted by AndreaMackris at 2014-06-06 11:24 AM | Reply | Flag:

The savages!

We in the "Civilized" world of America would have used our guns and everyone in the room would be dead or wounded. But, our second amendment rights would still be intact!

Someday those poor savages will be advanced like us.

#2 | Posted by donnerboy at 2014-06-06 07:54 PM | Reply | Flag:

#2 - No, we still use swords.

www.youtube.com

#3 | Posted by Pirate at 2014-06-06 09:57 PM | Reply | Flag:

Ok I'll admit it.

I find this story awesome.

An actual sword fight in this day and age?

wow.

#4 | Posted by Tor at 2014-06-06 10:32 PM | Reply | Flag:

.... Trust...The Proof is in the Pudding!

**** Prime Minister Indira Gandhi had Sikh Body Guards...and they Murdered her!

#5 | Posted by AntiCadillac at 2014-06-06 10:44 PM | Reply | Flag:

#3 That's why I use a sword cane.

One day when I save up the money I am going to get a good one. Either www.borispalatnik.com or more practical www.borispalatnik.com or maybe one of the others. Right now spending 600+ bucks is not in the budget. So I will have to live with my 45 dollar one with the cheap blade.

#6 | Posted by TaoWarrior at 2014-06-06 11:01 PM | Reply | Flag:

The guy at :12 to :14. He's never living that down.

#7 | Posted by TheTom at 2014-06-07 12:39 AM | Reply | Flag:

An armed society is a polite society ?

Nice canes Tao. I like the first one, but with the woman's face. The cane swords have many nice handles. I also like the elephant.

#8 | Posted by BruceBanner at 2014-06-07 04:19 AM | Reply | Flag:

Thanks Bruce a lot of the handles won't work for me since I need it for support I have to go with the longer handle. I liked the cougar on there but not sure if all the detail might be hard on my hand if I put my weight on it.

Some day I'll have the money to spare.

#9 | Posted by TaoWarrior at 2014-06-07 07:35 AM | Reply | Flag:

Tao, I have to ask, are you trained to fight with a sword?

#10 | Posted by TheTom at 2014-06-07 10:44 PM | Reply | Flag: