Thursday, June 05, 2014

A man and his wife were killed in a tragic accident near Witchita Falls when the couple collided head-on in separate vehicles. According to Department of Public Safety Trooper Jymie Ha, on Wednesday around 9:55 a.m., Kristina Muniz, 26, was driving a car north on County Road 87, an unlined road, and crashed into a truck driven by her husband, Nicolas Cruz, 31, at the crest of a hill.

Liberal Blog Advertising Network

Menu

Subscriptions

Author Info

goatman

MORE STORIES

What are the odds? What's weird is that the story said it happened in Vernon, but they both worked at a "nearby" egg factory in Prosper. Prosper and Vernon are about a three drive apart.

Comments

As someone who is a month away from his 32nd birthday and recently engaged, this makes me sick to my stomach.

#2 | Posted by rstybeach11 at 2014-06-05 07:42 PM | Reply | Flag:

I find it to be too much of a coincidence.....

I am going out on a limb here....... some one was having an affair, if I was to speculate it would be the woman. I don't think an upset woman would hurt her husband, like a cuckoled husband might his wife.

But it was on the crest of a hill, so...... hmmmm...

#3 | Posted by AndreaMackris at 2014-06-05 07:50 PM | Reply | Flag:

#2 | POSTED BY RSTYBEACH11 AT 2014-06-05 07:42 PM | FLAG: Congratulations!

#4 | Posted by AndreaMackris at 2014-06-05 07:51 PM | Reply | Flag:

Interesting theory, Andre. It would be interesting to know if one of them wasn't wearing a seat belt to ensure an instant suicidal death.

Rsty: congratulations, man!

#5 | Posted by goatman at 2014-06-05 08:14 PM | Reply | Flag:

Try finding a hill at all in that part of North Texas.

It's flatter than a pancake.

Tragic coincidences.

#10 | Posted by Corky at 2014-06-05 08:57 PM | Reply | Flag:

Try finding a hill at all in that part of North Texas.
It's flatter than a pancake.

Actually, it's not. Depending where they were, they very well could have been on the Red River/Trinity River divide. It pretty much runs through those northern counties. This picture is in Montague county (a county or two over from where the story takes place) I am at the top of the divide for the two rivers looking north. The valley is the Red River and the horizon is Oklahoma. That part of Texas is actually hilly, not flat. I took the picture a month ago on one of my wanderings.

#13 | Posted by goatman at 2014-06-05 09:13 PM | Reply | Flag:

Try finding a hill at all in that part of North Texas.

It's flatter than a pancake.

#10 | POSTED BY CORKY

Topographical map of the area where the accident took place. It's far from "flat as a pancake".

Another one west of there, probably closer to where the accident took place

maps/topo/texas/txu-pclmaps-
topo-tx-wichita_falls_west-
1972.jpg

#17 | Posted by goatman at 2014-06-05 09:37 PM | Reply | Flag:

How in the ---- did you know this?

#16 | POSTED BY COYOTE

I can read, and comprehend what I've read. Plus I know that part of Texas very well. Both my parents are from Denison, not far down river from there. I have a Navy shipmate in Wichita Falls whom I visit once or twice a year. I was there (Wichita, Montague, and Clay counties) just a month ago on a photographic tour.

That's how I know this, coyote.

#18 | Posted by goatman at 2014-06-05 09:41 PM | Reply | Flag:

#1 | Posted by goatman

Absent some sort of "joke" I'm missing in this, I think this is honestly one of the most despicable posts I've read on this site.

First, if you want to go on some childish rant about the "zero" start a thread on it.

Second, if you wanted to give people a break from the partisan BS you enjoy shoveling, couldn't you pick something better than this?

Troll elsewhere, please.

Physician, heal thyself!

#34 | Posted by jpw at 2014-06-06 12:29 AM | Reply | Flag: | Newsworthy 2

Newly weds until death do they join.

#38 | Posted by lel2007 at 2014-06-06 07:26 AM | Reply | Flag:

"I find it to be too much of a coincidence....."

There are billions of people in the world and that sort of accident isn't the most uncommon thing ever. It's like winning the lottery, it's going to happen, it's just super unlikely to happen to an specific person.

The fact that they were a married couple is much more likely than a individual random stranger because they both live and work in the same place. They fact that they were newlyweds is unrelated. The change of it happening at any given time of a couple's marriage is, no doubt, pretty close to the same.

#39 | Posted by LEgregius at 2014-06-06 08:12 AM | Reply | Flag:

I don't think an upset woman would hurt her husband

I respectfully disagree -John Wayne Bobbitt

#41 | Posted by lmiller867 at 2014-06-06 12:09 PM | Reply | Flag:

This thread may be the record for most delete posts?

#42 | Posted by mutant at 2014-06-06 11:24 PM | Reply | Flag:

This thread may be the record for most delete posts?

Holy [...]. Much different then when I left it last night.

Must be the bull[...] mo....better not say it. Only one dump before vacation.

#43 | Posted by jpw at 2014-06-07 12:38 AM | Reply | Flag:

Where can we read the unredacted version of this thread?

"Authorities believed SPEE and the layout of the road could be contributing factors..."
(Alright, Michael!~ not proofreading copy)

#44 | Posted by kenx at 2014-06-07 08:15 AM | Reply | Flag: