Wednesday, June 04, 2014

Ray Gootz: Well, let's just get this out of the way: I am a 33-year-old virgin. I'm not a virgin for religious reasons. I was never waiting for marriage or "the right one." Mine is a case of bad luck. Wrong women, wrong times. My story doesn't fit the profile you’d expect. ... So why am I writing about all this? Because I know there are more guys out there like me. I was reminded of that last weekend, when 22-year-old Elliot Rodger went on a murderous rampage, saying that part of his rage was because he was still a virgin. He describes his existence as "torturous." I can relate to that feeling. Not only have I never had sex, but I've never had a girlfriend. In my entire life. But I wish I could've told that guy life without sex is only as torturous as you want it to be.

Menu

Subscriptions

Author Info

rcade

MORE STORIES

Comments

I don't buy this guy's story, if vile, repulsive and nauseating folks like Antonin Scalia, Dick Cheney, Mike Savage, Clarence Thomas and Karl Rove can find sex mates ... ANY ONE CAN

#2 | Posted by SammyAZ_RI at 2014-06-04 10:15 PM | Reply | Flag:

Sammy some men will marry anything with a pulse.

#3 | Posted by Tor at 2014-06-05 12:30 AM | Reply | Flag:

Never underestimate the appeal of money and power.

#4 | Posted by ClownShack at 2014-06-05 12:56 AM | Reply | Flag: | Newsworthy 1

Sammy, there is a surplus of attractive Republican women.

#7 | Posted by shirtsbyeric at 2014-06-05 07:42 AM | Reply | Flag:

...Not only have I never had sex, but I've never had a girlfriend. In my entire life...

Maybe he should go out into the world, and try speaking to women. Perhaps join a club that has women in it, befriend some of the married ones, and THEY will find him a date.

Given the current crop of women out there, maybe he needs lessons on how to be a jerk, that always worked for my roommates. Never could understand how soooo many women are attracted to the biggest jerk in the room.

#8 | Posted by Marty at 2014-06-05 09:21 AM | Reply | Flag:

Sammy, there is a surplus of attractive Republican women.

liespotting.com

www.nndb.com

cdn.sheknows.com

www.sorenseninstitute.org

There sure is.

#9 | Posted by 726 at 2014-06-05 09:26 AM | Reply | Flag: | Funny: 1

That 4th pic is classic!

#10 | Posted by JeffJ at 2014-06-05 09:32 AM | Reply | Flag:

Maybe he should shave the long hair off his palms!

#11 | Posted by parjosg2 at 2014-06-05 09:33 AM | Reply | Flag:

I don't understand how this guy ...

vimeo.com

... has never gotten any action. Yes, he's an ordinary looking bespectacled nerd who isn't going to be chosen as the next Bachelor, and he has action figures in his room. But he's confident enough to do stand up, where he's making drunken women laugh for a living, and the women in his thirtysomething peer group are old enough to be past the stage where all their dating instincts point them to the wrong people. The fact he has a job, takes care of his parents and is funny ought to be enough to land somebody.

I have trouble believing he's genuinely trying to get a girlfriend.

#12 | Posted by rcade at 2014-06-05 02:23 PM | Reply | Flag:

Maybe this guy is a mo.

#13 | Posted by JeffJ at 2014-06-05 02:30 PM | Reply | Flag:

I have met the occasional guy like that. Mostly normal, generally nice, not bad looking, but for whatever reason unable to position themselves into the horizontal boogie with anyone. Not sure what prevents them in a world of willing women.

I remember one guy telling me he was afraid of failing. Failing what I wondered?

Weird world we live in. Virginity in a woman is a premium asset in a man its a liability with the potential of failure.

Some women will have theirs surgically re-installed to present as a gift.

Either way its an overrated condition considering that ideally it is supposed to be temporary.

My guess is he may be part of the uber-minority of sexual beings that roam among us... the asexual.

www.asexualitic.com

#14 | Posted by RightisTrite at 2014-06-05 04:25 PM | Reply | Flag:

Try having MS trite about 1/2 the time you will be meh about it. It's sad as we hit our 30's my wife's libido soared just as I am starting to really enjoy the ravages of MS. She would probably have sex almost every night but at least 2-3 times a week I am just not into it.

As far as this guy goes he isn't trying whether he is asexual or just too lazy I couldn't guess, but if he wanted it I am sure he could get it.

#15 | Posted by TaoWarrior at 2014-06-05 04:37 PM | Reply | Flag:

This is just a ploy. He probably has a bazillion 'date' requests already from this PR. He has his dance card filled out for the next ten years. What a scam.

#16 | Posted by mad_as_hell at 2014-06-05 05:07 PM | Reply | Flag:

I'm very similar to that guy. If I had faith, I'd be a monk, and I'd be happy at it. I am honestly happy for all happy couples. I'm serious when I say 'my privilege' when holding a door for a woman, or otherwise acting as a gentleman.

Most people would be board stiff being me, which seems to confuse THEM horribly. I'm just fine.

And it is annoying as ---- when people seek to 'help' me.

Every few years, you'll see a sensible study us 'non-sexual' types. rightistrite has it correct above:

"Believe it or not there are those (men and women) who are just not motivated by the wonders of erotica in any way shape or form. The have the bodily sensations we have it just brings them up to the level of ...meh... wanna do something else?

Strangely enough, its NOT always case of 'zero' desire. More of a '..meh..', although as I understand it, in some cases it is 'zero', but I have not bothered hunting downs any others to interrogate them.

#17 | Posted by USAF242 at 2014-06-05 07:43 PM | Reply | Flag:

#15 | POSTED BY TAOWARRIOR AT 2014-06-05 04:37 PM | REPLY | FLAGS WOW

At first I wasn't quite sure how to read your post. MS.!! I can only imagine how difficult that is for the two of you. So hard to predict with remissions and such.
Yes women do hit their sexual peak in their mid 30's early 40's. About where guys are at 20? Even then Tao... most sex happens between the ears. The brain is the most sensitive sex organ. Keep it real while you keep the fantasy alive.

USAF I've met a few like you in my travels. I have a friend now who has even married once and had a child. His marriage ended in large part because of his lack of interest. He is eye candy too. Lots of women would love to have him leave his shoes under her bed for the night. ... and a few guys would like that too. He is just not interested. I read somewhere it is estimated maybe 1 or 2% of the population is like that.

People just don't talk about it because it is just considered abnormal.... especially among men. Then there are the expectations put on you when you meet someone you may sincerely like. Sex as a demonstration of love and all that.

Crazy stuff.

#18 | Posted by RightisTrite at 2014-06-06 07:58 AM | Reply | Flag:

Trite.

most sex happens between the ears. The brain is the most sensitive sex organ.

True and a lot of the time not sure the reasons but the between the ears part is the problem. I don't know if it is because I am so drained or some other psychological thing going on but a lot of time I am just not terribly interested. So I get the asexual thing. I don't want to and can't, I just don't have the interest.

#19 | Posted by TaoWarrior at 2014-06-06 07:00 PM | Reply | Flag:

I have trouble believing he's genuinely trying to get a girlfriend.
#12 | POSTED BY RCADE