Tuesday, June 03, 2014

Joel Osteen, who preaches to 40,000 people each week at his nondenominational Lakewood megachurch in Houston, will get his own satellite radio channel on SiriusXM. The 51-year-old pastor's first show will be Saturday's broadcast of "America's Night of Hope" at Yankee Stadium. Scott Greenstein, president of SiriusXM, said he signed Osteen because he's a charismatic figure with a wide following and a back catalog of material for programming. In 2003, Osteen credited the success of his church to an uplifting message. "People feel lifted up by our message of hope, of life and victory. They don't feel like they are constantly being beaten down," he said.

Liberal Blog Advertising Network

Menu

Subscriptions

Author Info

rcade

MORE STORIES

Comments

Just what the world needs more of this snake oil salesman who never spent a day in a seminary.

#1 | Posted by Tor at 2014-06-03 01:21 PM | Reply | Flag:

Act now!

Please be sure and send your check addressed to me to guarantee your share of hope, life, and victory and so I can pray for you.

#2 | Posted by donnerboy at 2014-06-03 01:37 PM | Reply | Flag:

Donner just did a fine job of summarizing why I dislike Televangelists.

#3 | Posted by Tor at 2014-06-03 01:45 PM | Reply | Flag:

his father started out in a farm in the same area of town Lyle Lovett is from.....that church became so big that tv coverage was required because people were being turned away back in a time when there was three stations and a couple of others...

from the time he could read and comprehend things he was being instructed by his father...

most importantly to my point to you here........You are the reasons so many people turn to someone like Osteen...as libs, your lives are miserable because you hate everything that has created this country into the richest and most giving country in the world. I don't like televangelist either and have never given money nor have I ever attended his church, but then I don't try and force my belief or lack of belief on anyone else like LIBERALS are doing constantly...

so the man is a success and needs a radio station....what do "you people' care for ??

#4 | Posted by afkabl2 at 2014-06-03 01:57 PM | Reply | Flag:

let me answer my own question....it's because libs are the most INTOLERANT and HATEFUL people when it comes to someone who doesn't kiss the ring of their current proponent of the liberal dogma of hate, fear and loathing.

#5 | Posted by afkabl2 at 2014-06-03 02:00 PM | Reply | Flag:

"Dont swallow anything Satan is trying to ram down your throats, Jesus comes first"...Joel Osteen

Tell it, Preacher.

But proof read it first.

#6 | Posted by oldwhiskeysour at 2014-06-03 02:07 PM | Reply | Flag:

unable,

The correlation between Rethugs, Conservatives and Televangelists is strong. People who get through life, rich or poor, in a state of delusion, insulted from facts and reality. SiriusXM just sees these people as an untouched market. Liberals are more likely to be found listening to college professors, commencement speech givers and Unitarian Ministers. Purveyors of truth. Or does the truth matter to you? At least I don't have to listen to that channel.

#7 | Posted by nutcase at 2014-06-03 02:14 PM | Reply | Flag:

then what do you care?

post 6...yeah, good point.. lol

#8 | Posted by afkabl2 at 2014-06-03 02:22 PM | Reply | Flag:

'I care so much about you that you can now listen to my new radio show for $14.99 a month.'

#9 | Posted by lee_the_agent at 2014-06-03 04:06 PM | Reply | Flag:

This may be the final straw in my dropping Sirius. I wonder how much he is paying them to be on their network?

#10 | Posted by 726 at 2014-06-03 04:18 PM | Reply | Flag:

I like his message and how it is delivered. He puts forth God's Word in a positive, loving manner and tells his watchers to 'Put God first in your life and get in a good, Bible-based church'. No snake oil there, except for those without sin, casting the first stone...

#11 | Posted by catdog at 2014-06-03 04:55 PM | Reply | Flag:

Prior to the merger with XM-Radio, Sirius offered a lifetime subscription for a one-time fee, After the merger, some customers who had purchased lifetime subscriptions had their service reduced or CANCELED, and were unable to obtain a refund.

Sirius is the perfect partner for the snake-oil salesman from Texas LOL

#12 | Posted by SammyAZ_RI at 2014-06-03 04:58 PM | Reply | Flag:

One cannot deny his yarn spinning abilities.

#13 | Posted by yougothurt at 2014-06-03 04:59 PM | Reply | Flag:

right at the DR average....

half of the posters have no clue what they are talking about....I"M saying that a majority of the HATE POSTS here are from people who have never heard more than a small clip of the man.....AS WELL as the entire service is filled with music......usually more music than anything else.......but you have to have heard one before you know much...

#14 | Posted by afkabl2 at 2014-06-04 02:01 AM | Reply | Flag:

I feel like televangelists should be renamed to Osteenists.... or Ostists.... or Steenists.... Thoughts?

#15 | Posted by mariosanchez at 2014-06-04 02:07 AM | Reply | Flag:

"what do "you people' care for ??"

I don't. I wouldn't waste five seconds of my life worrying about this guy or whatever his message is. He's a TV character, I'd rather watch Big Bang.

#16 | Posted by danni at 2014-06-04 07:53 AM | Reply | Flag: