Saturday, May 31, 2014

A Florida man is facing negligence charges after leaving his loaded AK-47 rifle unattended, where his 6-year-old nephew picked it up and fatally shot his grandfather by accident. "We heard the gun shot go off. My father was struck in the chest before he was airlifted to the hospital, and they told us that he passed," Juan Manuel Martinez Jr. said. "I should've never brought the firearm out." Martinez, 28, has been charged with culpable negligence of a firearm. He told WVSN, "I was smoking marijuana. I was doing cocaine, and I had two beers."

Liberal Blog Advertising Network

Menu

Subscriptions

Author Info

tfdnihilist

MORE STORIES

Comments

Just another responsible fake-assault weapon owning American, until he wasn't.
He must be the wrong color because he actually got arrested.

#1 | Posted by TFDNihilist at 2014-05-31 08:13 AM | Reply | Flag:

No picnic is complete without an unattended loaded not assault weapon.

#2 | Posted by 726 at 2014-05-31 08:22 AM | Reply | Flag: | Funny: 2

#3 | Posted by goatman at 2014-05-31 09:20 AM | Reply | Flag: | Newsworthy 1

Martinez admitted to WSVN that he had been doing drugs and drinking before the accident, saying, "I was smoking marijuana. I was doing cocaine, and I had two beers."
Hmmm. Drugs, alcohol, and loaded guns. What could go wrong?

#4 | Posted by goatman at 2014-05-31 09:22 AM | Reply | Flag: | Newsworthy 1

#5 | Posted by goatman at 2014-05-31 09:27 AM | Reply | Flag:

unfortunately, there are many idiots, and it is not illegal to be an idiot. However, that doesn't mean they should have firearms.

#6 | Posted by kudzu at 2014-05-31 10:00 AM | Reply | Flag:

The gun knows what its one true purpose is. The humans mistake was he believed others when they told him it had other reasons for being. A gun wants to kill so bad you have to actively keep it down.

#7 | Posted by TFDNihilist at 2014-05-31 11:41 AM | Reply | Flag:

This wouldn't have happened if the grandfather had been armed.
-NRA

#8 | Posted by censored at 2014-05-31 01:53 PM | Reply | Flag:

Nothing to see here. The result would have been the same had the six year old picked up a baseball bat, knife, hammer, or car keys.

#9 | Posted by DCTexan at 2014-05-31 02:49 PM | Reply | Flag: | Funny: 1 | Newsworthy 3

Such a senseless tragedy.

#10 | Posted by oldwhiskeysour at 2014-05-31 02:50 PM | Reply | Flag:

#5 | Posted by goatman
"Mabye I shoul've said, "Drugs, alcohol, loaded guns, and one idiot. What could go wrong?"

Sure, you could've said that, but I'd argue that if you've got drugs, alcohol, and loaded guns, you can safely assume the idiot.

#11 | Posted by TheTom at 2014-05-31 02:50 PM | Reply | Flag: | Newsworthy 2

Just yesterday an NFL player's grandmother was killed when his grandfather accidentally discharged a gun. The bullet went through the wall and killed his wife of 50 years.

You are FAR more likely to die by gunfire if you have a gun in your house than if you don't. That's a fact. It's not a liberal conspiracy. It's math, science, statistics, and fact. No matter how many laws republicans pass forbidding any studies of gun violence, it doesn't change the truth of reality.

#12 | Posted by SpeakSoftly at 2014-05-31 03:15 PM | Reply | Flag: | Newsworthy 1

An assault rifle. At a picnic.

Was this a Well Regulated shooting?

#13 | Posted by donnerboy at 2014-05-31 03:19 PM | Reply | Flag: | Funny: 1

This model does not have a safety?

#14 | Posted by BruceBanner at 2014-05-31 03:26 PM | Reply | Flag:

The only thing that can stop a bad 6-year old with an AK-47 is a good 6-year old with an AK-47.

AK-47s don't kill people, 6-year olds with AK-47s do.

If AK-47s are outlawed, only outlaw 6-year olds will have AK-47s.

#15 | Posted by spectator at 2014-05-31 03:58 PM | Reply | Flag:

Hahaha. Gun nuts are funny.

#16 | Posted by CrisisStills at 2014-05-31 04:39 PM | Reply | Flag: | Newsworthy 1

"I've designed my weapon to defend the borders of our Fatherland, and let it continue to serve this purpose."

#17 | Posted by Greatamerican at 2014-05-31 05:00 PM | Reply | Flag:

What is he bringing a loaded assault rifle to a picnic for, let alone having it out?! At least Juan instantly recognizes that is what common-sense people will be asking..

#18 | Posted by redlightrobot at 2014-05-31 06:49 PM | Reply | Flag:

This is why lawyers tell people not to talk to cops in interrogation.

They should amend that to not to talk to news reporters either.

rwd

#19 | Posted by rightwingdon at 2014-05-31 11:11 PM | Reply | Flag:

he mixed an AK-47 with the use of marijuana, cocaine, and beers?

Even Dick Cheney would call that irresponsible behavior.

#20 | Posted by Tor at 2014-05-31 11:32 PM | Reply | Flag: | Funny: 2

The kid was defending the party site from marauding old folks. All will be forgiven, it's Florida.

#21 | Posted by catdog at 2014-06-01 09:08 AM | Reply | Flag:

"I hope he is put away for the rest of his life. If not, at least force him to give up his guns and never own one again. He is obviously far too stupid of human being to own one."

But, it's his 2nd amendment right! You're just like Obama!

#22 | Posted by danni at 2014-06-01 09:24 AM | Reply | Flag:

This is why lawyers tell people not to talk to cops in interrogation
#19 rightwingdon

This was covered in a Ron White routine. Paraphrased; "He had the right to remain silent but he didn't have the ability."
This applies to the weapon also. He had the right to own the AK, but he didn't have the ability to do so safely.

#23 | Posted by Whizzo at 2014-06-01 09:28 AM | Reply | Flag:

This wouldn't have happened if the grandfather had been armed.
-NRA
#8 | Posted by censored

Love it! Anyway, the kid was just exercising his Second Amendment right. Move on, there's nothing to see here.

#24 | Posted by SomebodyElse at 2014-06-01 10:40 AM | Reply | Flag:

The kid was just standing his ground, after all grandpa was likely wearing a hoody and carrying a bag of Skittles and a can of iced tea.

Booze and idiots with guns, sounds like about half the hunting stories I hear from "responsible gun owners."

#25 | Posted by _Gunslinger_ at 2014-06-01 10:34 PM | Reply | Flag: | Newsworthy 1

Agreed. While it wouldn't solve the psycho problem in this country guns should all have a breathalyzer safety, you can't turn the safety off without a breath test.

#26 | Posted by TaoWarrior at 2014-06-01 11:03 PM | Reply | Flag:

#5 | POSTED BY GOATMAN AT 2014-05-31 09:27 AM | REPLY | FLAG:

I doubt there was just one idiot at that picnic.

#27 | Posted by 726 at 2014-06-02 08:26 AM | Reply | Flag: