Friday, May 30, 2014

A Kilauea, Hawaii, man was given probation Wednesday in 5th Circuit Court for punishing his son by making him walk a mile for not answering his questions. Judge Kathleen Watanabe called the punishment "old school" and no longer appropriate, because it is dangerous for children to walk along a highway and there are sexual predators out there. Robert Demond was sentenced to one-year probation, a $200 fine and to a child parenting class for a misdemeanor charge of second-degree endangering the welfare of a minor.

Liberal Blog Advertising Network

Menu

Subscriptions

Author Info

path

MORE STORIES

Unless the kid is walking through dangerous neighborhoods, what's the problem? One mile is nothing. Kids (and adults) should aim to walk five miles a day as a method to stay fit.

Also, best way to give a good deal of thought to something is to go for a walk. I think they should have that judge try it to see what it's like. She probably doesn't walk much herself.

Comments

This goes with the story of the dad who made his son carry landscape stones as punishment. What the hell is happening in this country? The kid wasn't being beaten.

www.11alive.com

DOUGLASVILLE, Ga. – Police arrested a Douglasville father on child cruelty charges after the man punished his 16-year-old son by making him carry a 23-pound landscape stone for several miles.

Charlie Mayes, a 40-year-old military veteran with no criminal record, told police he used military-style punishment because his son watched too many videos and didn't do his chores and school work. Douglasville Police charged Mayes with first-degree child cruelty.

"This was done multiple times over a three-day period, sometimes as early as 3 o'clock in the morning," Police Sgt. Todd Garner told 11Alive on Tuesday.

Garner said the boy, who is only 4'2" tall, was also punished in-between the 3-mile hikes.

"In between that time, he was at home having to move rocks and stuff from one side of the back yard to the other and then being taken right back out to the same location and dropped off and made to walk back again," Sgt. Garner added.

#1 | Posted by MUSTANG at 2014-05-30 09:02 AM | Reply | Flag:

the wussification of the U.S. male by progressives.

#2 | Posted by path at 2014-05-30 09:20 AM | Reply | Flag: | Newsworthy 1

I wonder how old this boy is. If around 15 years old, probably not an issue. If very young (e.g., around 6 years old), probably a risky choice for a punishment. There's no mention of how hazardous the route is and/or what precautions (if any) the father had taken to assure his son's safety. Also, no mention of what he was being punished for. Seems like much (important) information is left out of this article.

#3 | Posted by TrueBlue at 2014-05-30 09:52 AM | Reply | Flag: | Newsworthy 1

given the the posts, and thread, if I understand the governments position correctly, walking is cruel and unusual.

Nobody walks in America, well except for illegals, they do the walking Americans don't want to do.

#4 | Posted by AndreaMackris at 2014-05-30 10:02 AM | Reply | Flag:

My point is walking is good for people, not bad as the judge portrays.

#5 | Posted by path at 2014-05-30 10:08 AM | Reply | Flag:

As TrueBlue said, the child's age and the roads traveled would indicate whether it was a safe thing to do or not. I wouldn't send a six-year-old walking home alone on any road as punishment.

Nobody walks in America ...

I see at least 20 people a day walking in my neighborhood. We all have dogs.

#6 | Posted by rcade at 2014-05-30 10:09 AM | Reply | Flag:

#4its Fox News. What do you expect? Facts?

#7 | Posted by 726 at 2014-05-30 10:18 AM | Reply | Flag:

And now for the rest of the story (as Paul Harvey used to say):

khon2.com

All the missing parts are in this article. Sorry I didn't find that when I posted this. Still, is this a bad thing? The only thing I see wrong is the father should have trailed his son home.

#8 | Posted by path at 2014-05-30 10:38 AM | Reply | Flag:

I see at least 20 people a day walking in my neighborhood. We all have dogs.
#6 | POSTED BY RCADE

In that case who is walking who?

#9 | Posted by AndreaMackris at 2014-05-30 10:42 AM | Reply | Flag:

A lot of things can happen to a kid walking alone for a mile. Hell, a lot of things can happen to a kid a block from home. I don't see this father as abusive. He just wasn't thinking about the dangers at the time.

In safer times we all walked a mile to school, didn't we ~ in the snow ~ uphill both ways. (According to my dear ol' dad)

#10 | Posted by Twinpac at 2014-05-30 10:46 AM | Reply | Flag:

"Trueblue: I walked to school at 6 although somewhat less than a mile. If the kid was 6, he'd be in Kindergarten and I'd doubt that the case. I'd bet his father was trailing him from a distance all the way, but as you said, a lot left out of the article.

My point is walking is good for people, not bad as the judge portrays.
#5 | Posted by path at 2014-05-30 10:08 AM"

I walked to school for grades 1-8. I was 5 in K (Kindergarten), but was driven to school (which was only about a half mile away) as the route crossed a major four lane highway without crossing guards. Grade school (1-8) was 15 blocks away. Much incentive to learn how to ride a bike early on!

Agreed that walking is good for oneself (both physically and mentally). Apparently, the judge considered this not to be true in this case (maybe due to info missing from the article?).

#11 | Posted by TrueBlue at 2014-05-30 10:49 AM | Reply | Flag:

I guess I'm a criminal, too.

My son and I were returning home in Collin County on US 75 and we were arguing about his grades. He got mad, flipped me off and said, "F*** YOU!" I slammed on the brakes at 70 MPH and fishtailed to the shoulder of the highway. I told him if he was man enough to talk to me like that, he was man enough to find his own way home. We were about 8 or 9 miles from the house.

He ended up going to my cousin's house in McKinney because it was closer by a mile or two. But he made it safely and he never cursed at me or flipped me off again.

#12 | Posted by goatman at 2014-05-30 10:52 AM | Reply | Flag:

I always walked to school or rode a bicycle until I got my first car. My 7th grade school was about 3 miles away from my house. It was no big deal.

#13 | Posted by goatman at 2014-05-30 10:53 AM | Reply | Flag:

#4its Fox News. What do you expect? Facts?

#7 | POSTED BY 726

they all are? You should check your facts... :)

Brain activity "sitting quietly" vs "walking"
twitter.com

The boy was a little young, walking alone probably wasn't the goto move. Perhaps dad should have walked with him....

But come on, I used to walk, ride, run to and from school from the Third grade till Senior in high school. And it has already been stated it was uphill both ways!

#14 | Posted by AndreaMackris at 2014-05-30 10:56 AM | Reply | Flag:

Open question:

If you have kids, how old were they when they walked to school alone (i.e., NOT in a group)?

Please include:
1. age
2. male/female
3. distance
4. location (e.g., city, suburb, rural, etc.)

For me:
now a teen daughter, three miles, rural/suburb, never has walked to school alone.

#15 | Posted by TrueBlue at 2014-05-30 11:13 AM | Reply | Flag:

Doesn't really seem like the kind of thing anyone should be arrested over.

But as many people have already pointed out, there are many factors that come into play that affect how good or bad of an idea this is.

#16 | Posted by Sully at 2014-05-30 11:39 AM | Reply | Flag:

Now that we know more details, the dad was being an idiot. He put the eight-year-old on the side of the road and just left. The kid was so upset that a stranger saw him crying there and took him back to school.

I'm glad the dad has one year to think about his actions.

#17 | Posted by rcade at 2014-05-30 11:42 AM | Reply | Flag: | Newsworthy 3

"He put the eight-year-old on the side of the road and just left. The kid was so upset that a stranger saw him crying there and took him back to school."

Thanks for sharing...the linked article certainly didn't.

#18 | Posted by Dave at 2014-05-30 12:17 PM | Reply | Flag:

Dave, I posted another link at #8 that have all the details Rcade referenced and then some. I agree, the dad shouldn't have left, but followed

#19 | Posted by path at 2014-05-30 12:24 PM | Reply | Flag:

#19 | Posted by path

Sorry...I missed that.

But it's amazing how many of the responders from that link fail to understand all the bad (and very possible) outcomes from such a seemingly mild punishment. Imagine if the stranger that picked him up hadn't had good intentions?

#20 | Posted by Dave at 2014-05-30 12:37 PM | Reply | Flag:

" Imagine if the stranger that picked him up hadn't had good intentions?"

But that goes for anything. You cannot put blame on someone for failing to expect criminal activity. As many have mentioned a mile walk to school was nothing, there are still many who do so. Where i am the kids in the neighborhood walk almost a mile to get to the buss stop. I take my daughter to the bus stop but she is six and in kindergarten which starts an hour later then the rest. In the future i see no reason that she could not walk to the buss stop. It's kinda like the Halloween candy, if you fear the incredibly improbable to the point where it is negatively impacting a child then it is the child who looses.

The way i see this is that it is a mile. That pretty much should be in view and as the story states in 5 min he went back. It's 5 min in visible range.

#21 | Posted by salamandagator at 2014-05-30 01:04 PM | Reply | Flag:

Imagine if the stranger that picked him up hadn't had good intentions?

#20 | POSTED BY DAVE

Exactly. I don't see any harm in the punishment, but neglect on the father's part for not tailing his son home. Probably would of added to the punishment if the kid knew his father was following him in the car with his two brothers. Maybe the father will think twice next time. He obviously realized he should have done that different as he pleaded no contest.

Thank God that kid was alright, if someone with bad intentions had intervened, that father would never have forgiven himself.

Wish I had the full statement from the judge, but from the article, sounded like she was more opposed to the walk than the neglect.

#22 | Posted by path at 2014-05-30 02:35 PM | Reply | Flag: | Newsworthy 1

My son (12yo) wanted a donut the other day before eating his lunch - I said go run a mile and you can have the donut - he did. Glad I don't live in HI.

#23 | Posted by e_pluribus_unum at 2014-05-30 02:48 PM | Reply | Flag:

The chances of being a victim of violent crime in Kauai. I've been there. It's very laid back. And as this blurb shows, its crime is property crime, not violent crime. And of the property crime, a lot is related to rental cars and visitors

Hawaii is a reasonably safe place to visit. The state ranks 42nd in the nation in population and ranks 44th in violent crimes. In the United States as a whole, 88 percent of crimes are property offenses, while 12 percent are violent crimes against people. In Hawaii those numbers are 95 percent property crime and 5 percent violent crime. Crime in Kauai doesn't equal its population percentage of state residents. In the most recently available statistics, 4.8 percent of the state's population resides in Kauai while it experienced 2.2 percent of the state's violent crimes and 3.7 percent of property crimes.
www.vacationrentalkauaihawaii.
com

It sounds safer than the small town (Plano) I grew up in and I wandered miles from home on my own all through my childhood. I doubt if the boy was in any danger having to walk a mile home.

#24 | Posted by goatman at 2014-05-30 03:01 PM | Reply | Flag:

You cannot put blame on someone for failing to expect criminal activity. #21 | Posted by salamandagator at 2014-05-30 01:04 PM

#25 | Posted by censored at 2014-05-30 03:32 PM | Reply | Flag:

I already established that Kauai is a very safe island. Kilauea, the town where this story takes place has a population of 2,248 people -- IOW, not a city where crime and gangs are rampant. So anyone who thinks this kid was in any danger walking a mile is really stretching to find something wrong with what his dad did. And as already been noted, it appears the judge thought the crime was making the child walk, not putting him in danger.

Tempest in a teapot, and a very poor decision by the judge.

#26 | Posted by goatman at 2014-05-30 03:34 PM | Reply | Flag:

I'll bet this kid walks a mile on his own all the time when playing or going to a friend's house. The only reason it was a big deal this time is because the kid was being punished and his hurt feelings caused him to cry. In our PC obsessed world, it became a big deal when a PC obsessed stranger saw his tears.

#27 | Posted by goatman at 2014-05-30 03:39 PM | Reply | Flag:

I already established that Kauai is a very safe island. Kilauea, the town where this story takes place has a population of 2,248 people -- IOW, not a city where crime and gangs are rampant. So anyone who thinks this kid was in any danger walking a mile is really stretching to find something wrong with what his dad did. #26 | Posted by goatman at 2014-05-30 03:34 P

You are correct as there are only at least 44 registered sex offenders within a 15 minute drive of where the kid was dropped off. Just out of curiosity, and keeping in mind that only about 10% of sex offenders are ever caught, how many more registered sex offenders would be needed before you thought it was unsafe to leave an 8 year old alone on the side of the highway in tears?

#28 | Posted by censored at 2014-05-30 04:31 PM | Reply | Flag:

"Yes you can, it they are being negligent. Leaving a distraught eight year old by himself on the side of the road strikes me as negligent."

Within sight of his home. That is negligent to you?

#29 | Posted by salamandagator at 2014-05-30 04:43 PM | Reply | Flag:

I looked at the registered sex offender map for my part of San Antonio and it looks like there are hundreds of them within a 15 minute drive of me and I see kids walking around everywhere around here and in my ten years here I've never heard of any of them getting assaulted. And Kilaua is a safer place than San Antonio.

Also, your link says 12 sex offenders, (six mappable, six non-mappable whatever that means) not 44. Lying doesn't help your argument.

www.familywatchdog.us

Also, most sex offenders are men on women, not men on boys. That whittles down your already weak argument significantly as to the degree of danger this boy was in.

Sorry, censored, your post fails on so many levels. You are really stretching to maintain this kid was in any realistic danger. If he is, I just pray he never goes out to play since every kid I've ever known has walked or skipped or run over a mile away from home before on a regular basis

#30 | Posted by goatman at 2014-05-30 04:47 PM | Reply | Flag:

oops, wrong link. Sorry

www.familywatchdog.us

#31 | Posted by goatman at 2014-05-30 04:48 PM | Reply | Flag:

Also, censored -- you do realize that registered sex offender can be something as mundane as voyeurism, right? Not all sex offenders are rapists and kiddie diddlers.

Your argument was already pretty weak, but I just thought I'd dilute it some more.

#32 | Posted by goatman at 2014-05-30 04:54 PM | Reply | Flag:

I don't know. I'll have to check with my dad and see what he thinks. I'm sure I was surrounded by the same number of sex offenders 50 years ago as people today are and I wandered miles from my house on my own for years with my parents' consent. It's highly unlikely there are more sex offenders per capita now than then. In fact, it could be argued there are probably fewer since today they know they are much more likely to be caught and convicted now than then.

#33 | Posted by goatman at 2014-05-30 04:58 PM | Reply | Flag:

Within sight of his home. That is negligent to you? That used to be very common place.. When i was a child in the 80's the only rule was be no further then you could hear a horn honking. #29 | Posted by salamandagator at 2014-05-30 04:43 PM |
You can see a mile away? Apparently the father couldn't since someone grabbed the kid without his knowing. The world is a different, and far more dangerous place from even a few decades ago.

#30 | Posted by goatman at 2014-05-30 04:47 PM |
I believe that your numbers differ from mine because you did not scroll the map. I said within a 15 minute drive. Try scrolling the map down and right from the town. Thanks for calling me a liar, though.

In addition, the other link I provided indicates that typical predators will victimize 30-60 kids before they are caught and that sex predators will travel 100 miles hunting for victims; so my guess is that there are far more than 44 individuals of concern that could impact that "safe" town. So how many would it take for you to be believe that the father's actions were risky?

#34 | Posted by censored at 2014-05-30 05:03 PM | Reply | Flag:

Yep. I guess you've never been to Kauia. I have. Those roads are very windy an mountainous. You can't get very far in 15 minutes. About the range of the map that shows 12.

See my post #33. Already anwered.

Gee, you must've let a very sheltered childhood and never ventured a mile from your home, because if you lived around people, you also lived around sex offenders. I guess your parents hated you, too, for letting you out amongst them.

#35 | Posted by goatman at 2014-05-30 05:09 PM | Reply | Flag:

www.google.com96754/@22.1447125,-159.4249872,12z/data=!3m1!
4b1!4m13!4m12!1m5!1m1!
1s0x7c06e0e29324df89:
0xf758471a5361c350!2m2!1d-
159.3379818!2d22.0881391!1m5!
1m1!1s0x7c06e5804fcfaed7:
0x3162bc3ca7107264!2m2!1d-
159.4122222!2d22.2119444

Thanks for calling me a liar, though.

You're welcome

C&P the link if you have to. It shows that the town you refer too (down and right as you put it) Kapaa is 28, not 15 minutes away.

#36 | Posted by goatman at 2014-05-30 05:14 PM | Reply | Flag:

Given the high risk of sexual assault, I presume you never let your children out of your sight or out on the streets, right censored?

Again, you are stretching it mighty thin to try to make it like this kid was in any reasonable risk of being molested.

#37 | Posted by goatman at 2014-05-30 05:22 PM | Reply | Flag:

"You can see a mile away?"

Uh, if you cannot get some glasses.

" Apparently the father couldn't since someone grabbed the kid without his knowing."

#38 | Posted by salamandagator at 2014-05-30 05:29 PM | Reply | Flag:

May I dilute your increasingly weak argument even more, censored? Maybe by 25x to be exact?

From your own link:

"Most predators are known to the victim before the offense takes place. Only 4% are the true definition of stranger."

So, if this was going to be molested, chances are 25 times more likely it would be by someone he knows than a stranger picking him up off of the street. IOW, it probably would've happened at some point whether he was walking home or not.

#39 | Posted by goatman at 2014-05-30 05:31 PM | Reply | Flag:

I think a kid being forced to walk and not wanting to and thus perhaps more inclined to get into the car with a stranger is what makes the difference here.

But we're in a bad place as a society if simply letting your kid be outside unsupervised puts them at real risk of being attacked.

#40 | Posted by snoofy at 2014-05-30 05:47 PM | Reply | Flag:

I wouldn't drive off leaving an eight year old on the side of the highway bawling his eyes out. I'm funny that way.

#37 | Posted by goatman at 2014-05-30 05:22 PM |

I don't know what "a reasonable risk of being molested" is, but I do know what an unreasonable risk is. It is unreasonable, IMHO, given all of the things that could have gone wrong, to leave an 8 year old screaming child alone on the side of a highway. Doing a risk-benefit analysis, given the potential benefit of discipline, IMHO, even a miniscule one-hundredth of one percent risk of molestation or getting abducted or run over is too high and it was negligent of the father to leave the kid alone.

Yes there were 5 unsupervised minutes, that is enough for something bad to happen but it should not be abuse to not have eyes on your child for 5 min. #38 | Posted by salamandagator at 2014-05-30 05:29 PM
It should be, if you intentionally abandon a screaming 8 year old child alone on the side of a highway.

#41 | Posted by censored at 2014-05-30 06:06 PM | Reply | Flag:

I wonder how many other kids have walked that street and been molested? I'll wager none, though I don't know of course.

Do the odds of being molested on that stretch of road go up if your dad drops you off there involuntarily vs if you walked there under your own free will?

Tempest in a teapot.

Embellishing the story only weakens your already near pulseless point, censored. No where in the story did it say he was screaming. It said a woman picked him up crying. It doesn't even say if the child was crying or not at the time his father "abandoned" him.

Why do you have to lie? This ^. The "44 molesters 15 minutes away" etc. I realize you are grasping at straws at this point, but just stick to the real story and quit making stuff up, OK?

#42 | Posted by goatman at 2014-05-30 06:15 PM | Reply | Flag:

Well, I guess we'll have to agree to disagree, Goatman. You can do as you see fit with little ones left in your charge, but I'll continue my longstanding practice of refraining from abandoning small children (or kittens or puppies) on the side of highways. I hope you can find it in your heart someday to forgive me for my strange ways.

#43 | Posted by censored at 2014-05-30 06:26 PM | Reply | Flag:

Crapo......... we can't even raise our own childern anymore. The all powerfull government is in charge of everything.

#44 | Posted by Sniper at 2014-05-30 07:45 PM | Reply | Flag:

Jury instructions on negligence in HI.

INSTRUCTION NO. 6.1
Negligence is doing something which a reasonable person would not do or failing to do something which a reasonable person would do. It is the failure to use that care which a reasonable person would use to avoid injury to himself, herself, or other people or damage to property.
In deciding whether a person was negligent, you must consider what
was done or not done under the circumstances as shown by the evidence in this case.

INSTRUCTION NO. 6.2
In determining whether a person was negligent, it may help to ask whether a reasonable person in the same situation would have foreseen or
anticipated that injury or damage could result from that person's action or inaction. If such a result would be foreseeable by a reasonable person and if the conduct reasonably could be avoided, then not to avoid it would be negligence.

"Reasonable person" is not defined because it is a hypothetical person. Presumptively, known to each juror. Based on what is known it could go either way.

#45 | Posted by et_al at 2014-05-30 08:08 PM | Reply | Flag:

The shrink said he should have given the brat a choice! Great! Hay kid, do you want to walk 1 mile home or 2? No problem!

#46 | Posted by parjosg2 at 2014-05-31 10:50 AM | Reply | Flag:

I missed the bus in the first grade. My dad had repeatedly told me I would be punished if I kept missing the bus. His punishment was I had to walk to school. And he followed right behind me in that old blue Chevy, his work car. My teacher asked me why she say me walking and him behind me in the car. So I told her the truth and she just grinned.

#47 | Posted by lfthndthrds at 2014-05-31 11:42 AM | Reply | Flag:

It comes as no surprise that the usual gaggle of idiots can't even admit that, based on the actual details, the fathers chosen method of punishment was, at best, misguided.

#48 | Posted by Dave at 2014-05-31 02:54 PM | Reply | Flag:

He literally just said the father's chosen method of punishment was misguided...

#50 | Posted by snoofy at 2014-05-31 03:20 PM | Reply | Flag: | Newsworthy 1

Reading through this thread is disgusting. Republicans, conservatives and the like are obviously not meant to procreate.

I dealt with a stupid power-mad "man" yesterday - he slammed his 4 year olds finger in a door. You cretins are not deserved of my wrath, but it's tempting. They both needed the cry.

#51 | Posted by redlightrobot at 2014-05-31 03:39 PM | Reply | Flag:

This undermining of parental authority is a troubling double edged sword. We don't need children looking to the Courts in power struggles with their parents. It seems to me as long as parents do not beat, starve or deny their children proven necessary healthcare, the State has no business interfering. Generally State intervention should amount to counseling and advise for parents, not prosecution.

#52 | Posted by nutcase at 2014-05-31 04:18 PM | Reply | Flag:

He should have gotten home, left the other kids in good hands, and walked with the 'time-out' kid for the mile (or more), meanwhile finding a way for the kid to confess whatever he understands.

#53 | Posted by takitez at 2014-05-31 06:33 PM | Reply | Flag:

Assuming the dad sticks right by the kid's side when he is out playing and wanders off on his own more than a mile, that is a good idea.

#54 | Posted by goatman at 2014-05-31 06:44 PM | Reply | Flag:

#54 | Posted by goatman at 2014-05-31 06:44 PM

How old was your son when you made him walk to his cousins? Imo, you over-reacted and could have easily handled the situation rather than bully like a convict. I'm guessing that's generational.

#55 | Posted by redlightrobot at 2014-05-31 06:51 PM | Reply | Flag:

How old was your son when you made him walk to his cousins?

15 I think.

Do you have kids? IIRC, you once said you didn't. Nothing is more boorish than a childless person telling someone they are raising their kids wrong.

#56 | Posted by goatman at 2014-05-31 07:06 PM | Reply | Flag:

The facts are:

The boy was 8 years old
He was dropped off on Kuhio Highway where the speed limit is 50 and is a very dangerous intersection.
The father did not wait for his son. He left him and went home.
The same day, in the same courtroom, one man pled guilty to murdering his girlfriend by stabbing her to death over 15 times, another man pled guilty to rape of a child and another man was sentenced for robbing a woman who picked him up while hitchhiking and he was high out of his mind on meth. Kauai is not as safe as some mainlanders would like to think.
The man was arrested by KPD, charged by the Prosecuting Attys office and was appointed a private atty, not a public defender.
He signed a plea agreement with the Pros Atty's office and chose against a jury trial.
The Judge did not "choose" to take this case. That's not how things work.
The Judge honored the plea agreement that was signed by the defendant
If anyone on this blog would pull the car over on the highway and shout at their 8 year old child to get out of the car and take off, I seriously worry about your parenting skills.
But if you want to be angry, be angry with the police for making the arrest or be angry with the prosecutors for charging Robert Demond or maybe be angry with Robert Demond for pleading guilty or for making a poor decision.

#57 | Posted by Facts at 2014-05-31 08:39 PM | Reply | Flag:

The State and Parents (like the PTA) should work cooperatively to set good examples for children, provide a safe living environment, expect children to respect adults and indirectly send the message to children that they are important by taking care of their basic needs. Government's failure to provide clean, well lite schools, with free books and lunch, art and music classes instead of just football sends the opposite message. When the Government publicly castigates a well intentioned misguided parent it undermines the child's respect for their parent. This is nuts. It should be handled in a closed office. I realize it is not always possible to deal with some parents this way, but it will work with most of them.

#58 | Posted by nutcase at 2014-05-31 08:46 PM | Reply | Flag:

#57 | POSTED BY FACTS

Too bad your handle isn't "citation provided"

#59 | Posted by goatman at 2014-05-31 08:48 PM | Reply | Flag:

Everything in his post is correct.

Then it shouldn't be hard to prove it, should it?

Don't believe it? Google it or STFU.

I did google it. Couldn't find any proof of it except the claims made in the story.

Sorry, dave. Wrong again