Friday, May 23, 2014

The FBI says its no-tolerance marijuana policy is forcing the agency to turn away its best hacker recruits. "I have to hire a great work force to compete with those cyber criminals, and some of those kids want to smoke weed on the way to the interview," FBI Director James Comey told the White Collar Crime Institute on Monday, according to the Wall Street Journal.

Liberal Blog Advertising Network

Menu

Subscriptions

Author Info

donnerboy

MORE STORIES

Cybersecurity is a growing priority for the law enforcement agency. Congress has authorized the FBI to hire 2,000 recruits this year and the majority of them will be assigned to cyber crimes units.

Comments

Thankfully Eliot Ness and the cross dressing J. Edgar Hoover are no longer with us, to see what the liberals have done to destroy our once prestigious FBI (speaking of cross-dressers) we have not heard from Mr 9/11 Rudy Giuliani on this "hire hippies plan"

#1 | Posted by SammyAZ_RI at 2014-05-20 10:51 PM | Reply | Flag:

I guess Clinton was a rapist, too. It was insinuated, like Hoover's alleged cross dressing, hence is 'true'.

#2 | Posted by Diablo at 2014-05-21 12:26 AM | Reply | Flag:

I love these libertarian hero stories when the arrogant powers that be are forced to acquiesce to great talent and subsequently have to do away with stupid rules.

#3 | Posted by shane at 2014-05-21 02:06 PM | Reply | Flag:

So the best and brightest tech minds tend to lean towards cannabis... how could that be , we have all been told weed makes you dumb.

I'm glad the government relaxes the rules when it helps them, but will fine and imprison non hackers because weed is so dangerous... that makes a lot of sense.
If the government is right, all those stoner hackers will become heroin addicts who will soon start selling us out for a fix ( but we all know the government is full of pooh about weed)

#4 | Posted by 503jc69 at 2014-05-21 03:30 PM | Reply | Flag: | Newsworthy 1

I worked at a software company that developed some specific softwares that the government uses militarily. So they hired me and there was no drug test. I asked them how they could get away with that and the hr lady told me that they just told the fed that they weren't gonna do drugs tests anymore. Apparently, they had already lost the whole original development team due to random drug tests.

That team formed a separate company and my company was forced to contract with them. Cost them a ton of money.

#5 | Posted by kudzu at 2014-05-23 07:44 AM | Reply | Flag:

Didn't we hash this article out the other day already?

#6 | Posted by GalaxiePete at 2014-05-23 08:47 AM | Reply | Flag:

#1 | Posted by SammyAZ_RI

Seriously? You think Elliot Ness wasn't drinking during prohibition? And Hoover? Seriously? He was about as corrupt as they come. Virtually all the politicians and Police continued to drink.

#7 | Posted by GalaxiePete at 2014-05-23 08:54 AM | Reply | Flag:

meanwhile in back asswards Texass some kid faces serious time for brownies.

DOES NOT COMPUTE.

#8 | Posted by AuntieSocial at 2014-05-23 09:21 AM | Reply | Flag:

awww you brought back my headline!

Nice!

I was kinda fond of it.

#9 | Posted by donnerboy at 2014-05-23 01:18 PM | Reply | Flag:

Didn't we hash this article out the other day already?

#6 | Posted by GalaxiePete

Now that we hashed it out let's put it in the pipe and smoke it!

Steve Jobs dropped LSD and indulged in cannabis.

Seems I personally figured out how the AN/ALQ-126 actually worked on an F4 Phantom and how to get the antennas swept properly and the system ready all while on LSD. And yes it came to me a flash of creative insight. I didn't mean to be on LSD at the time but as a Marine I had to work when they say I had to work and when they called me in I had not come down yet after one heck of a weekend in Laguna Beach.

Turns out I was the first technician in our squadron to get a fully functional EW suite in the air.

The pilots loved me and asked for me to work on their planes personally after that as the ALQ-126 was designed to jam defeat pulse-mode SAM and AAA radars.

It put me at the top of the ET list for our base and I even got to be one of the two Top Gun Comm Nav and Electronic Warfare Techs at Miramar, San Diego for the Top Gun competition.

#10 | Posted by donnerboy at 2014-05-23 01:37 PM | Reply | Flag: | Newsworthy 1

"had not come down yet after one heck of a weekend in Laguna Beach. "

Yeah. Laguna Beach was LSD central for a time.

#11 | Posted by nullifidian at 2014-05-23 01:49 PM | Reply | Flag:

The hypocrisy is more than a little staggering. The FBI is persecuting mj users, but now says it may consider hiring known mj users to work for them? ---- the FBI. Have the class to either push for the legalization of mj or don't have the chutzpah to hire known mj users.

#12 | Posted by moder8 at 2014-05-23 01:52 PM | Reply | Flag:

**** Hilarious...The FBI actually thinks are Bigger SCUM BAGS than themselves out there?

#13 | Posted by AntiCadillac at 2014-05-23 01:57 PM | Reply | Flag:

" Have the class to either push for the legalization of mj or don't have the chutzpah to hire known mj users."

You can thank President Choomgang for the chaos in cannabis policy.

#14 | Posted by nullifidian at 2014-05-23 01:59 PM | Reply | Flag:

Most likely just script kiddies. And not real hackers.

All the dope smokers I know are to dim witted to be a hacker. They should keep the rules as is.

#15 | Posted by tmaster at 2014-05-23 09:00 PM | Reply | Flag:

Excellence and obedience are oxymorons. For once the gubermint acknowledged it. So will it last? or is the ignorance intentional/systemic and about to get re-enforced? Surly their fly will get examined.

#16 | Posted by xyzpdq at 2014-05-24 03:06 AM | Reply | Flag:

Excellence and obedience are oxymorons.

#16 | Posted by xyzpdq at

This is why there are no elite military units.

#17 | Posted by Zed at 2014-05-24 09:04 AM | Reply | Flag:

This is why there are no elite military units.

#17 | POSTED BY ZED

???

All SEALs are male members of the United States Navy.[5][6][7] [4] The CIA's highly secretive Special Activities Division (SAD) and more specificallyits elite Special Operations Group (SOG) recruits operators from the SEAL Teams.[8] en.wikipedia.org

That's just one of them. I'll leave you with the exercise of figuring out the others.

#18 | Posted by goatman at 2014-05-24 09:12 AM | Reply | Flag:

I've got a big weekend planned

#20 | Posted by goatman at 2014-05-24 09:17 AM

I'm sure its as large as your intellect. But do try and have fun regardless.

#21 | Posted by Zed at 2014-05-24 09:20 AM | Reply | Flag:

#10 | Posted by donnerboy at 2014-05-23 01:37 PM

Were you ever at El Toro donnerboy? I was in VMFP-3 there 76-83. I was a camera, ADAS, avionics tech. Instructor at NAMTRADETS my last year.

#23 | Posted by willowby at 2014-05-24 10:08 PM | Reply | Flag:

Re # 23. I was at El Toro.

VMFA-314. The Black Knights. 75-79. I was Comm Nav. We were rocket men. Especially at night when they took off in afterburner. Graveyard was the best. Working on rockets at night and surfing and sleeping on the beaches all day. We were in between wars. Life was good. We thought it would last forever.

Semper Fi.

#24 | Posted by donnerboy at 2014-05-24 10:39 PM | Reply | Flag:

Semper Fi, donnerboy. We may have run into each other there. Speaking of afterburners at night, we flew recon for the USS Midway. Nothing like seeing an F-4 on the O-6 level at night, spooling up to full AB's before the cat shot.

#25 | Posted by willowby at 2014-05-24 11:24 PM | Reply | Flag:

I was actually attached to H&MS-11.

#26 | Posted by willowby at 2014-05-24 11:40 PM | Reply | Flag:

Did 3 six month WESTPAC's on the Midway.

#27 | Posted by willowby at 2014-05-24 11:48 PM | Reply | Flag:

Got to sit sit for 93 days at Gonzo station when the hostages were taken.

#28 | Posted by willowby at 2014-05-24 11:53 PM | Reply | Flag:

#16 | Posted by xyzpdq
"Excellence and obedience are oxymorons."

It's a tenuous relationship but I wouldn't call it oxymoronic.
It's a matter of degrees, and of the nature of the obedience and excellence.

In this case, however, it's certainly an odd juxtaposition.
But just possibly a step in the right direction.

#29 | Posted by TheTom at 2014-05-25 01:25 AM | Reply | Flag: