Monday, May 19, 2014

Fearful that her family would learn she was not graduating, a 22-year-old woman phoned in bomb threats to Quinnipiac University in Connecticut on Sunday to try and force commencement ceremonies to be canceled, police said. Danielle Shea of Quincy, Mass. was arrested at TD Bank Sports Center, where the commencement had been moved, wearing a cap and gown she'd purchased. Police said Shea didn't attend the university this year, but her mother paid thousands of dollars she thought was for her daughter's education.

Liberal Blog Advertising Network

Menu

Subscriptions

Author Info

rcade

MORE STORIES

Comments

I have a feeling this is going to be a VERY sad story when we learn all the details.

#1 | Posted by Tor at 2014-05-19 10:10 PM | Reply | Flag:

Definitely a sad day when hundreds or thousands of kid's day of celebration is ruined by one selfish person just to save the embarrassment of facing the parents and the truth. I hope she gets sued by every graduating student for mental anguish.

#2 | Posted by bogey1355 at 2014-05-20 12:43 AM | Reply | Flag:

Well, I think it is safe to say that her parents know the truth now...

#3 | Posted by mariosanchez at 2014-05-20 02:58 AM | Reply | Flag:

I wonder if this is going to be another one of those spoiled brat stories, i.e. Rachael Canning.

#4 | Posted by Twinpac at 2014-05-20 04:02 AM | Reply | Flag:

Making a terrorist threat here is a felony. Actually making a device is a felony. Using one is a felony. The penalty goes from 5 years for a threat, 20 years for the fabrication of a device and life or the death penalty for the use of a device. I guess Billy Ayers was a member of an elite group that does not have to answer to the law. Oh yes! He is a Democrat and a friend of Obama.

#5 | Posted by docnjo at 2014-05-20 05:20 AM | Reply | Flag:

#5 | Posted by docnjo

The ODS is strong with this one.

#6 | Posted by REDIAL at 2014-05-20 07:22 AM | Reply | Flag:

I remember there was a kid at my school who withdrew from all his classes early in a semester when he could still get refunds. His parents had paid but he convinced the bursar to make the refund check out to him. Then he went about blowing the money as stupidly as possible. Would have loved to see the look on his parents' faces when they found out. Not that I felt bad for them. A 20 year old doesn't do something like unless he's been encouraged to be a ---- his whole life.

I thought the kids I went to high school with were spoiled but I never met anyone like that before college. There was another kid who deliberately sabotaged his own car (which was probably 3-4 years old) because his parents told him they'd get him a new one if something happened to the one he had. Another one somehow managed a 0.0 GPA on semester and his parents leased him a new BMW the following semester.

My disgust over such behavior was one of the early warning signs that I'm eventually going to turn into my father.

#7 | Posted by sully at 2014-05-20 01:05 PM | Reply | Flag:

I have no sympathy for her. She acted like a child. But she is an adult. And in the adult world there are serious felony consequences for this type of behavior. Time to grow up.

#8 | Posted by moder8 at 2014-05-20 01:13 PM | Reply | Flag:

#7 | Posted by sully

Saw much of the same in school while I was working and taking classes to help pay my way. One of my favorite bits was a guy that was getting federal student loans. After the 1st month of classes, he'd usually get a refund check because they over-paid. He'd then go and blow the overage on stuff like play stations, games, and LPs to add to his collection. Imagine my utter lack of sympathy when after the end of 6 years, he receives the 1st bill for his $100k in debt, then proceeds to whine about how awful our system is to make students have to pay back so much debt.

#9 | Posted by apparatchik at 2014-05-21 01:26 PM | Reply | Flag:

#9 | Posted by apparatchik

And that's not to say I don't think there is a huge problem with student debt, but some idiots just have it coming. The 12 year cannabis studies program probably shouldn't be federally subsidized.

#10 | Posted by apparatchik at 2014-05-21 01:36 PM | Reply | Flag: