Wednesday, May 14, 2014

Shortly after the Deepwater Horizon oil spill in the Gulf of Mexico, Olivia Bouler asked the National Audubon Society how her skill as an artist and her love of birds could be put to use. The fifth grader from Islip, N.Y., created a web page offering her vibrantly colored and lively paintings in exchange for donations. Five hundred of Bouler's watercolors of pelicans, warblers, buntings, and other North American birds were claimed within three weeks, and donors eventually contributed $200,000 to restoration efforts. Bouler was named the ASPCA's 2010 Kid of the Year for her efforts.

Liberal Blog Advertising Network

Menu

Subscriptions

Author Info

rcade

MORE STORIES

Comments

Cool kid.

#1 | Posted by 726 at 2014-05-14 02:43 PM | Reply | Flag:

Bravo Olivia!

#2 | Posted by CrisisStills at 2014-05-14 02:52 PM | Reply | Flag:

"How can I get this worthless runt to give all of that loot to my campaign?"

-Hillary

#3 | Posted by eberly at 2014-05-14 02:53 PM | Reply | Flag:

"How can I get this worthless runt to give all of that loot to my "militiamen"?"

--Cliven Bundy

#4 | Posted by donnerboy at 2014-05-14 03:42 PM | Reply | Flag: | Funny: 1

funny....and fair enough!!

#5 | Posted by eberly at 2014-05-14 03:44 PM | Reply | Flag:

you go girl!

#6 | Posted by danv at 2014-05-14 04:43 PM | Reply | Flag:

I am going to offer my doodles on E-Bay, the proceeds of which will go to convincing Palin and Hillary to do a nude spread for Over-50 Magazine.
Bet I make more than this kid did...

#7 | Posted by Diablo at 2014-05-16 01:43 AM | Reply | Flag:

Bet I make more than this kid did...

I have a better idea for a money maker: Threaten to do a Pelosi nude thread if folks don't send you $100. You'll quickly be a millionaire.

#8 | Posted by goatman at 2014-05-16 01:48 AM | Reply | Flag: | Funny: 1

#7 | Posted by Diablo

Yes, that would make the top 10 on the list for the worst ideas ever imagined on this site.

#9 | Posted by mariosanchez at 2014-05-16 01:59 AM | Reply | Flag: