Tuesday, May 13, 2014

Keith Crisco, a businessman in a primary runoff for a Democratic congressional seat in North Carolina with the singer Clay Aiken, has died, according to the company he founded. He was 71. Crisco was running a very close second, around 300 votes behind Aiken. Aiken wrote on Twitter that he was "stunned and deeply saddened" by Crisco's death and suspended campaign activities. "He was a gentleman, a good and honorable man and an extraordinary public servant," Aiken said.

Liberal Blog Advertising Network

Menu

Subscriptions

Author Info

lee_the_agent

MORE STORIES

Comments

I don't know why ANYBODY messes with Clay Aiken. I mean, I knew something like this...wait, I didn't know anything.

#1 | Posted by lee_the_agent at 2014-05-12 05:37 PM | Reply | Flag:

Clay Aiken was running AGAINST Crisco? That doesn't sound right.

#2 | Posted by Harry_Powell at 2014-05-12 06:13 PM | Reply | Flag: | Funny: 4

Close vote count. Aiken had Crisco on his rear.

#3 | Posted by Diablo at 2014-05-12 07:43 PM | Reply | Flag:

Clay responded to Crisco's death in a proper Christian manner.

#4 | Posted by Tor at 2014-05-12 11:57 PM | Reply | Flag:

I wonder if Crisco knew his life was shortening.

#5 | Posted by goatman at 2014-05-13 12:46 AM | Reply | Flag: | Funny: 4

I suspect some serious House Of Cards ---- going on here.

#6 | Posted by swamproot at 2014-05-13 10:56 AM | Reply | Flag:

If American Idol were like this, I'd watch.

#7 | Posted by TheTom at 2014-05-13 11:09 AM | Reply | Flag:

"why don't you put some crisco on it?"

"oh, crisco is your answer for everything!"

Cheech and Chong as Lukey Streetwalker and his best friend Dougie.

#8 | Posted by MUSTANG at 2014-05-13 11:35 AM | Reply | Flag:

This is just another one of them plots by Hillary to gain control of the house.

#9 | Posted by donnerboy at 2014-05-13 03:16 PM | Reply | Flag:

This guy must've heard Clay's version of "Solitaire" for the first time.

#10 | Posted by anton at 2014-05-13 08:46 PM | Reply | Flag:

I think we need a major change in politics in this country.

Instead of elections I propose Trial By Combat.

#11 | Posted by Harry_Powell at 2014-05-14 03:31 PM | Reply | Flag:

Clay Aiken reminds me of me when I was a young whippersnapper. Except I was prettier and a bit more demure.

~ Vermin
c/o Poste Restante - 存局待領
Noodleville, Hong Kong (香港)
Special Administrative Region (中华人民共和国特别行政区)
People's Republic of China - 中华人民共和国

#12 | Posted by Doc_Sarvis at 2014-05-14 05:27 PM | Reply | Flag:

Why is it when the Hollywood tribe picks a winner the others might as well roll over as incompetent or play dead?

#13 | Posted by Robson at 2014-05-14 08:21 PM | Reply | Flag: