Sunday, May 04, 2014

President Barack Obama had some fun at the expense of the media, his political foes and himself during his speech at the annual White House Correspondents Dinner Saturday night. Comedian Joel McHale of the sitcom Community followed with the dinner's main speech, full of shots at the assembled political leaders and media personalities packing the room. McHale quipped, "I'm not going to spoil the shocking twist on House of Cards, but just know that it was so surprising that Nancy Pelosi's face almost changed expression. Did you like that one, Nancy? I can't tell."

Liberal Blog Advertising Network

Menu

Subscriptions

Author Info

REDIAL

MORE STORIES

Comments

I wonder if Bill O'Reilly will be sitting with Antonin Scalia again this year?

#1 | Posted by REDIAL at 2014-05-03 09:14 PM | Reply | Flag:

VanJones is doing a great job of covering it......
twitter.com

#2 | Posted by AndreaMackris at 2014-05-03 10:31 PM | Reply | Flag:

Maybe thats not the dinner.... but its still interesting to see everyone VanJones is talking too. :)

#3 | Posted by AndreaMackris at 2014-05-03 10:32 PM | Reply | Flag:

the biggest joke of the evening was the video about the correspondents, where they ACTUALLY said they watchdogs and they kept tabs on the presidents and on and on....

NO JOKE was funnier the entire evening....

#4 | Posted by afkabl2 at 2014-05-03 10:38 PM | Reply | Flag:

Not even the most liberal poster here can say that mchale isn't BOMBING !!!!!!!!!!!!!

#5 | Posted by afkabl2 at 2014-05-03 10:49 PM | Reply | Flag:

Chris Christie took his ribbing well... Wolf Blitzer not so much.

#6 | Posted by REDIAL at 2014-05-03 11:35 PM | Reply | Flag:

TOTAL BOMB....

even making fun of the fubr OBAMACARE was NOT FUNNY !!!!!!!!!!!

#7 | Posted by afkabl2 at 2014-05-03 11:54 PM | Reply | Flag:

MUST have been pretty GOOD if it got YOU that WOUND UP.........

#8 | Posted by REDIAL at 2014-05-04 12:01 AM | Reply | Flag:

The White House stenographer dinner draws far more elite types.
"Tell us what to write...."

#9 | Posted by Diablo at 2014-05-04 12:23 AM | Reply | Flag:

9. "Yes, I am happy to be here, even though I am a little jet-lagged from my trip to Malaysia. The lengths we have to go to get CNN coverage these days! I think they are still searching for their table."

8. "I admit it, last year was rough. Sheesh. At one point things got so bad, the 47 percent called Mitt Romney to apologize."

7. "Washington seems more dysfunctional than ever. Gridlock has gotten so bad in this town, we have to wonder: 'What did we do to piss off Chris Christie so bad?'"

6. "Michelle and I watched this, we cannot believe what these [Olympic snowboarders] do. Death-defying feats! I haven't seen somebody pull a 180 that fast since Rand Paul disinvited that Nevada rancher from this dinner."

5. "While you guys focus on the horserace, I'm going to do what I do. I'm going to be focused on everyday Americans. Just yesterday I read a heartbreaking letter...a Virginia man who's been stuck in the same part-time job for years, no respect from his boss, no chance to get ahead. I really wish Eric Cantor would stop writing me."

4. "Folks are saying, with my sagging poll numbers, my fellow Democrats don't really want me campaigning with them. And I don't think that's true, although I did notice the other day that Sasha needed a speaker at career day and she invited Bill Clinton."

3. "Just last month, a wonderful story - an American won the Boston Marathon for the first time in 30 years -- which was inspiring and only fair since a Kenyan has been president for the last six."

2. "These days, the House Republicans actually give John Boehner a harder time than they give me -- which means orange really is the new black."

1. "Let's face it, FOX, you will miss me when I'm gone. It will be harder to convince the American people that Hillary was born in Kenya."

#10 | Posted by Corky at 2014-05-04 12:42 AM | Reply | Flag: | Funny: 1

video - more/different

www.nbcnews.com

#11 | Posted by Corky at 2014-05-04 12:46 AM | Reply | Flag:

you think I WAS WOUND up over that...please.....I don't care ...I'm just getting ready for the typical liberal response..that it's going to be the funniest evening ever spent...because obama was there READING other people's jokes..

they were some of the dumbest and unfunny so called jokes I've ever heard...don't take my word for it....watch the replay on cspan and check out the audience response....MOST of the time there was silence ..

#12 | Posted by afkabl2 at 2014-05-04 06:51 AM | Reply | Flag:

The video's right here in the post now, so people can see you're out of your mind. Obama's speech got plenty of laughs. The two-veep video intro was a bit of a dud, though. Veep is way funnier than that.

#13 | Posted by rcade at 2014-05-04 08:55 AM | Reply | Flag:

"Obama's speech got plenty of laughs."

Not from Wolf Blitzer. His face had less expression than his voice, which is saying something.

#14 | Posted by REDIAL at 2014-05-04 10:09 AM | Reply | Flag:

www.politico.com

#15 | Posted by matsop at 2014-05-04 12:40 PM | Reply | Flag:

if you would read my posts again.....( good training for a future with the nsa...lol ).....my focus was on Mchale......I stand by my ONE comment about obama reading other people's joke because that's what he did.....I had no problem with any joke he made and even chuckled a little on a couple......that's why I watched it..........but anyone who says mchale was funny needs a good margarita or scotch straight up.....

#16 | Posted by afkabl2 at 2014-05-04 03:16 PM | Reply | Flag:

And my comment about the correspondents video also stands....I don't know how anyone can listen to them talk about being some sort of 'watchdog' over the president with a straight face....BIGGEST JOKE of the evening.

#17 | Posted by afkabl2 at 2014-05-04 03:18 PM | Reply | Flag:

The pic of Biden holding a shoe was pretty funny. McHale was hilarious.

#18 | Posted by Corky at 2014-05-04 03:47 PM | Reply | Flag:

Obama's usually good at this sort of thing - see, for example, www.youtube.com - and "Orange really is the new black" is pretty funny.

#19 | Posted by Doc_Sarvis at 2014-05-04 04:38 PM | Reply | Flag:

I've discovered AFKABL2's identity. Admit it, Ben Stein. It's you.

Seriously though, if you made the mistake of watching CNN's coverage of the dinner, all Ben Stein could muster were the phrases, "That wasn't funny," and "Tell those kids to get off of my lawn!"

#20 | Posted by DCTexan at 2014-05-04 07:12 PM | Reply | Flag: | Funny: 1

As for this comment, "...watch the replay on cspan and check out the audience response....MOST of the time there was silence .."

That's easy to explain. DC media and politicos take themselves WAY to damned seriously. God help them if I would have been there this year. You would have heard my laughter over the booing and hushed tsk-tsks of those pretentious -----.

#21 | Posted by DCTexan at 2014-05-04 07:17 PM | Reply | Flag:

How closely do the ethnic, religious, racial demographics of attendees at this event approximate the same for Americans at large?

Don't say it isn't important, because it is fundamental to a free democracy that the relationship and makeup of so called elites approximately represent society. Otherwise those that are not being appropriately represented are being screwed over by a racist White House that sends the invites.

#22 | Posted by Robson at 2014-05-04 07:45 PM | Reply | Flag:

I'm not Ben Stein and I watched it on cspan....and finally changed the station after ten mins or so of bad jokes and nothing but jokes toward conservatives...from mchale....

my time is more valuable now...I've got a larger health care bill to pay every month...lots of lazy parasites to send checks to..

#23 | Posted by afkabl2 at 2014-05-04 08:54 PM | Reply | Flag:

"Orange is the new black".

[ilol'd.jpg]

Be Well.

#24 | Posted by dethspud at 2014-05-05 03:51 AM | Reply | Flag:

"Orange is the new black".

[ilol'd.jpg]

Be Well.

#25 | Posted by dethspud at 2014-05-05 03:51 AM | Reply | Flag:

"Orange is the new black".

[ilol'd.jpg]

Be Well.

#24 | Posted by dethspud at 2014-05-05 03:51 AMFlag: (Choose)
FunnyNewsworthyOffensiveAbusiv
e

"Orange is the new black".

[ilol'd.jpg]

Be Well.

#25 | Posted by dethspud at 2014-05-05 03:51 AM | Reply |

It wasn't funny or clever the first time. No need to post it twice.

#26 | Posted by Dalton at 2014-05-05 09:40 AM | Reply | Flag:

"It wasn't funny or clever the first time. No need to post it twice."

Ben Stein? Is that you?

#27 | Posted by DCTexan at 2014-05-05 12:56 PM | Reply | Flag:

I'd be remiss if I didn't point out that of all the people who were the butt of McHale's jokes, Chris Christie took his punches the best.

#28 | Posted by DCTexan at 2014-05-05 02:49 PM | Reply | Flag: