Sunday, April 27, 2014

With the news this week that more than 600,000 Washington residents have acquired new health care plans through the state exchange, Rep. Cathy McMorris Rodgers (R-Wash.) said it's unlikely the Affordable Care Act will be repealed. "We need to look at reforming the exchanges," said McMorris Rodgers, the chair of the House Republican Conference. She said the framework established by the law likely will persist and reforms should take place within its structure. "It is a top-down, one-size-fits-all approach to health care," she said.

Liberal Blog Advertising Network

Menu

Subscriptions

Author Info

lee_the_agent

MORE STORIES

McMorris Rodgers said she still thinks an immigration reform deal could be struck before the election. "I believe there is a path that we get a bill on the floor by August," she said.

Comments

and democrats will win because of cowards like this....

#1 | Posted by afkabl2 at 2014-04-27 12:01 PM | Reply | Flag:

Don't look now but it's already too late.

#2 | Posted by 88120rob at 2014-04-27 07:49 PM | Reply | Flag:

@ Afkalb2

If government run VA Healthcare, which is the nation's biggest health system, and which also produces the highest quality and most cost effective care, is good enough for the troops...

... then Obamacare is good enough for YOU.

#3 | Posted by PinchALoaf at 2014-04-27 07:51 PM | Reply | Flag: | Newsworthy 4

and democrats will win because of cowards like this....

#1 | Posted by afkabl2

I'm more concerned about the future of this country as a result of cowards like you. If all you care about is the failure of democrats and the success of republicans, this country is certainly doomed. It's a shame that you and many like you don't have the courage to look for common ground and work towards solutions.

#4 | Posted by Whatsleft at 2014-04-27 08:51 PM | Reply | Flag: | Newsworthy 3

#4 | POSTED BY WHATSLEFT

Nihilists don't "work towards solutions"

#5 | Posted by WhoDaMan at 2014-04-27 09:08 PM | Reply | Flag:

#5 | Posted by WhoDaMan

We would if we existed.

#6 | Posted by TFDNihilist at 2014-04-27 10:11 PM | Reply | Flag: | Funny: 2

Yup. We are stuck with the republican plan thought up by the heritage foundation instead of real national health care because that was what obama wanted in the first place.

There is no difference between the parties.

Hope and change!

#7 | Posted by Shawn at 2014-04-28 12:24 AM | Reply | Flag:

So we can repeal a actual amendment to the Constitution [the 18th] yet we cannot repeal a law passed by Congress???? YES, I do think we can - AND SHOULD.

#8 | Posted by MSgt at 2014-04-28 01:06 AM | Reply | Flag:

Methinks your brain is a bit too literal. It's not that it's impossible, it's that the political abilities to do so don't exist.

#9 | Posted by jpw at 2014-04-28 01:40 AM | Reply | Flag:

.. then Obamacare is good enough for YOU.

#3 | Posted by PinchALoaf at 2014-04-27 07:

again...I'm told I have no say in who KILLS BABIES but 'you people' demand that I PAY to have BABIES KILLED...

same way with birth control.....I didn't scrimp and save for over 30 years to have my money STOLEN to pay for baby killing, -----, and parasites who get a check because they vote for your president and his gang of liars and crooks.

my plan was "GOOD ENOUGH" for me and now I"m going to have a bill I can't afford so I can help pay for the above including no telling how many poverty pimp cases......

other peoples' bad choices or lazy choices is not my job to pay for..period....and there is going to be real trouble in the future unless.

#10 | Posted by afkabl2 at 2014-04-28 01:48 AM | Reply | Flag:

#4 | Posted by Whatsleft at

wrong again...I am for fiscal sanity, personal responsibility and a return to prominence and influence in the dangerous world we live in and your lying president is for just the opposite of all of those and if you support him then you're as much of an american hating radical as he is.

your sanctimonious calls are based on dems compromising which they have proven over and over that they are liars, crooks and frauds...time and time again.....you can't with a straight face tell me that lying scum like schumer, pelosi, obama and reid will sit with even a small portion of attention towards conservative views....this man is a coward and a little wimp......EXACTLY the kind of puppet that the aforementioned scum sucks want there...

#11 | Posted by afkabl2 at 2014-04-28 01:53 AM | Reply | Flag:

let me have THomas Jefferson say the same thing in fewer words....you remember him...one of those white guys that 'you people' hate so passionately.....

scontent-b-dfw.xx.fbcdn.net

#12 | Posted by afkabl2 at 2014-04-28 01:56 AM | Reply | Flag:

but that has to be all...have to get out and work a little longer tomorrow...I"ve got poverty pimps, welfare queens, baby killers and maybe even a few obama phones to pay for while they sit on the couch watching for the mailman to bring their check...I would hate that the able bodied lazy bums would have to get out and do anything themselves other than gather voting registration that I'M ALSO PAYING for...sure wouldn't want them to spill their beer on their flat screen tv or that iphone that I CAN"T AFFORD FOR me but Im being forced to help the able bodied parasitic trash get one for THEMselves......

#13 | Posted by afkabl2 at 2014-04-28 02:05 AM | Reply | Flag:

I'm more concerned about the future of this country as a result of PARITSANS like you. If all you care about is the failure of [Party A] and the success of [Party B], this country is certainly doomed. It's a shame that you and many like you don't have the courage to look for common ground and work towards solutions.

#4 | Posted by Whatsleft

FTFY :)

#14 | Posted by mariosanchez at 2014-04-28 02:06 AM | Reply | Flag:

and that doesn't include the rank failure of this coward to barely say a word as conservatives are targeted by the irs I believe to be at the tactic approval and direction of this lying hypocritical weakling in the white house....

benghazi still have no answers, no suspects captured or repercussions to the lies from the president on down......

every single radical zealot here can attempt to bully me like you do weak and cowardly posters much like boehner and cantor but I and others are not going to hand this once great republic over to you radical left wing euro socialist dogs without a fight.

and this shirt hangs in my closet for the next meeting of a generation of people that literally saved the world and this country for 'you people' to throw it into your liberal toilet.

fbcdn-sphotos-g-
a.akamaihd.net

#15 | Posted by afkabl2 at 2014-04-28 02:29 AM | Reply | Flag:

"common ground"...funniest thing I've read here in weeks...

there is no common ground when you're talking about the democrat leaders such as pelosi, obama, schumer and read....all liars and hypocrites and people with whom, again, have no attention of common ground on their part....

#16 | Posted by afkabl2 at 2014-04-28 02:39 AM | Reply | Flag:

#10 | Posted by afkabl2

I see the GOP outreach to female voters is doing better than ever.

You scrimped and saved for thirty years and you can't afford an iPhone? You're a joke of a man.

#17 | Posted by snoofy at 2014-04-28 06:14 AM | Reply | Flag: | Newsworthy 2

Judging by all of the vitriol, nme thinks Whatsleft truly hit a nerve with his #4

#18 | Posted by schmanch at 2014-04-28 07:15 AM | Reply | Flag:

SNOOFY

I think Afkabl2 sort of, maybe on purpose, forgot to mention how much money he pours through the para mutual windows ~ which I suspect is responsible for his poverty ridden existence. Afkabl2 is a gamble-alcoholic.

#19 | Posted by Twinpac at 2014-04-28 08:28 AM | Reply | Flag:

and democrats will win because of cowards like this....

#1 | POSTED BY AFKABL2 AT 2014-04-27 12:01 PM | FLAG: SUMS IT UP NICELY

Right from the time your team put chicken hawks in charge of two wars and expected the Chinese to pay for it. Which pretty much says it for the entire party. Those fringe whackjobs the clown brigade inserted into the situation are't doing you any favors either. You people are like that whack rancher you were deifying in Nevada. Suck of the teat of taxpayers then boohoo about having to pay for it blaming it on the "federal gubment" until some even crazier pack of nutjobs come along and threaten use their wives as human shields so they can show the world how stupid you've become. Lets face it those who who are willing to be suicide bombers are going to be so impressed by your teams willingness to having a woman slaughtered on TV to further gods agenda. Fit right in line with your historical first of a televised war... which btw... you lost... about 15 minute after shouting Mission Accomplished and Bring it on.

That is who you hang out with. So really.. no surprise you come out looking stupid again. Democrats don't have to do anything but leave you to your own devices.

Feel free to vote on nothing as you stage another walk out to make your point. Its hard werk... yer doin a heck of a job clownies.

#20 | Posted by RightisTrite at 2014-04-28 11:30 AM | Reply | Flag:

#14 | Posted by mariosanchez

That works as well.

#21 | Posted by Whatsleft at 2014-04-28 11:56 AM | Reply | Flag:

Right from the time your team put chicken hawks in charge of two wars and expected the Chinese to pay for it.20 | Posted by RightisTrite at 2014-04-28 11:30 AM | Reply | Flag

At least Bush could run two wars and still have a domestic agenda. It took this president 6 years to get a budget passed.

Obama takes few questions from reporters, and what questions he gets are softball and know ahead of time. It took Obama 2 weeks to decide on a military surge. He fouled up gun running in Bengahzi and in Mexico, and took credit for killing OBL. Bush gave credit to the troops (albeit, prematurely) Obama steals the credit, not to mention pissing off Pakistan, an unstable, Muslim country with nuclear weapons.

Face Obama is way out of his depth, he has no leadership ability and all he knows how to do is campaign. I would take bill clinton any day over this clown in the office, at least clinton knew how to work with the opposition party.

#22 | Posted by danv at 2014-04-28 12:18 PM | Reply | Flag:

No one is killing babies on your dime you caricature of a crazy old man.

and democrats will win because of cowards like this....

#1 | Posted by afkabl2

YOU should be proud...Democrats "won" on this issue exactly because of pickled whackjobs like you.

#23 | Posted by donnerboy at 2014-04-28 12:52 PM | Reply | Flag:

#10 | Posted by afkabl2

Now you know how your fellow Texans feel scrimping and saving so teachers work part-time but get paid full-time AND have a Romney-choking pension and Benefit plan.

I'm guessing you did scrimp and save to donate to deficit busting Republicans like Reagan and the Bushes and the subsequent demands on the VA created by their follies.

#24 | Posted by northguy3 at 2014-04-28 01:14 PM | Reply | Flag: | Newsworthy 1

#11 | Posted by afkabl2

Yet you support the GOP and Tea Party, who have never done any more than give those ideals lip service.

I'm always glad to strike a nerve with you though. :)

#25 | Posted by Whatsleft at 2014-04-28 01:20 PM | Reply | Flag:

#24 | Posted by northguy3 at 2014-04-28 01:14 PM | Reply | Flag

You know there is a legislative body that is also responsible for passing budgets, both side put us in this situation. The dems had 2 years of complete control but squandered trillions on useless projects. Could have at least fixed the nations bridges.

#26 | Posted by danv at 2014-04-28 07:55 PM | Reply | Flag:

Could have at least fixed the nations bridges.
#26 | Posted by danv

Are you saying waiting for them to fall down like the last President did with I-35 in Minneapolis wasn't the right approach?

#27 | Posted by snoofy at 2014-04-28 09:22 PM | Reply | Flag: