Sunday, February 23, 2014

Milton Wolf, a Tea Party challenger running in U.S. Senate Republican primary against Sen. Pat Roberts (R), posted gruesome X-ray images of gunshot fatalities and medical injuries to his Facebook page and participated in online commentary layered with macabre jokes and descriptions of carnage, the Topeka Capitol-Journal reported Sunday. Wolf, a radiologist, joked that one deceased gunshot victim wasn't going to complain about the awkward positioning of his head for an X-ray. He also wrote that an X-ray of a man decapitated by gunfire resembled a wounded alien in a Terminator movie and said the image offered evidence people "find beauty in different things."

Liberal Blog Advertising Network

Menu

Subscriptions

Author Info

rcade

MORE STORIES

Sharing X-rays to joke about them was condemned by medical ethics professionals. "The dignity and privacy of the individual should be protected," said John Carney, president of the Center for Practical Bioethics in Kansas City, Mo. "It doesn't sound like they're being protected if they're, obviously, on Facebook."

Comments

Just another sociopath running as a -------. Not shocking.

#1 | Posted by 726 at 2014-02-23 02:56 PM | Reply | Flag: | Newsworthy 3

They were not people. They were non-viable things. Catch up on your liberal sensitivity.

#2 | Posted by Diablo at 2014-02-23 03:00 PM | Reply | Flag:

Re#2 - That's sadly funny, Hermit Gosnell, murdering babies, hardly a blip on national new scene.

But a hey a few tasteless jokes about people who are already dead (really tasteless) and then the libs' started hurling names and insults (see #1).

I wonder if the media gives this much scrutiny to dems, no of course not, more reporters for the NYT sent to investigate the life of sarah palin then investigated the ACA.

#3 | Posted by danv at 2014-02-23 03:07 PM | Reply | Flag:

"I wonder if the media gives this much scrutiny to dems, no of course not..."

Whine, pass the pee-cup, moan...rinse and repeat.

#4 | Posted by Doc_Sarvis at 2014-02-23 03:14 PM | Reply | Flag: | Funny: 1

"wounded alien in a Terminator movie"?

Idiot.

No such movie exists.

#5 | Posted by Tor at 2014-02-23 03:17 PM | Reply | Flag:

Gosnell received widespread national media coverage. There sure is a lot of uniformed media criticism on the right. You get so worked up hating the media you never bother to learn whether your criticism is factual.

#6 | Posted by rcade at 2014-02-23 03:27 PM | Reply | Flag: | Funny: 1 | Newsworthy 8

OMG! He never heard of HIPPA? He's a ------- unfit to be called Doctor.

#7 | Posted by 88120rob at 2014-02-23 03:37 PM | Reply | Flag: | Newsworthy 2

"Whine, pass the pee-cup, moan...rinse and repeat."

"Pee-cup?" Never peed in a cup, Doc, but I remember back when we had an outhouse back in the Ozarks we kept a pee-can. I know some folks think that's a nut, but it ain't. A pee-can is an empty Folgers or Maxwell House can we kept under the bed so we didn't have to go through the snow to the outhouse at night. I mean for real, Doc.

#8 | Posted by jestgettinalong at 2014-02-23 03:41 PM | Reply | Flag:

Nonsense, it just wasn't as anti-abortion in spin as you'd prefer.

I think macabre jokes become the norm as one gets desensitized to this sort of stuff.

But posting it to Facebook and other websites is disturbing.

Then being so lame as to claim it was for "education" purposes is just idiotic.

For some reason I doubt this. But hey, why worry about factual information when hyperbolic woe is me vicitmized whining is much more fun.

#9 | Posted by jpw at 2014-02-23 04:57 PM | Reply | Flag: | Funny: 1

My neighbor in Kennesaw was a surgical nurse. She said that one of the doctors used to take livers from cadavers or remnants of diseased ones and use them for fish bait. He joked about it as well and said it was the best bait he ever used.

I thought it was funny, but I'm not sure I'd go to his house for a fish fry, though.

#10 | Posted by goatman at 2014-02-23 08:02 PM | Reply | Flag:

#10 ~ that doesn't strike me as funny, it sounds criminal. i worked in a hospital and the morgue attendant was carting a deceased person from ICU on a gurney with a tent apparatus over it, and he goes, in this squeaky voice, "let me out, let me out!" Well, the bereaved family was walking out just behind him. i was completely mortified they had to hear that just then. i've often heard you need a macabre sense of humor to work in a field with a lot of gore. No, you need personal dignity; and you move on when the burn~out factor sets in.

#11 | Posted by kenx at 2014-02-23 11:22 PM | Reply | Flag: | Newsworthy 2

"Gosnell received widespread national media coverage"

Only after the pro-life media banged the pot for about a month, Rcade. And I linked it here at DR from Lifenews to the denial of the usuals.
When the grisly truth hit liberal ears like yours, it was "Well, okay, do something about him" as if this were not the mentality of the abortionists nationwide.
It is their mentality. They see a human fetus as a thing.

#12 | Posted by Diablo at 2014-02-24 02:40 AM | Reply | Flag:

DIABLO

"They see a human fetus as a thing."

Since when do you speak for each and every abortion doctor in the United States?

Of course, now that people like you have created a cottage industry for unsanitary and sometimes tragic back room abortions performed by discredited doctors and nurses who have lost their license to practice, the "thing" you talk about is more of a reality than not.

Legitimate doctors who perform abortions (Planned Parenthood, for example) are not as callous as your "thing" types ~ in fact they and their staff go out of their way to counsel and inform their patients of the unintended consequences of ending a pregnancy AND they are extremely sensitive to the mental state of the patient both before and after the procedure, which includes (but not limited to) follow up care and additional counseling.

And don't try to argue. Prior to Roe v Wade I worked for the Red Cross and I saw with my own two eyes the consequences of botched abortions by ex-doctors and ex-nurses. I know of a doctor in Weirton, WV who performed illegal abortions in his office behind closed doors after he had sex with his female patient. How degrading is that? I know of a veterinarian who dispensed abortion pills to pregnant women ~ pills that were intended for use on horses.

Would you like to hear about the botched abortion of twins.

I could go on and on. The case histories that I worked on (more than a few ended up with prosecution) are emblazed on my mind. Suffice to say, however, if you think legitimate abortion doctors see a fetus as a "thing", you're NUTS!

Maybe you should try to run with a better crowd.

#13 | Posted by Twinpac at 2014-02-24 06:07 AM | Reply | Flag:

#2 | POSTED BY DIABLO AT 2014-02-23 03:00 PM | REPLY | FLAG:

So you are opposed to bringing home fallen soldiers in a casket with military honors?

After all, they were non-viable things.

Or does your retarded argument have loopholes?

#14 | Posted by 726 at 2014-02-24 07:39 AM | Reply | Flag:

#6 | POSTED BY RCADE AT 2014-02-23 03:27 PM | REPLY | FLAG:

You can mad lib any of their fauxrage issues into that sentence and it would never be incorrect.

ACA

Obama golfing

Obama vacations

The list is endless.

#15 | Posted by 726 at 2014-02-24 07:42 AM | Reply | Flag:

The "victimized" right knows what every liberal and every other person in the world thinks and believes. It is the benefit they receive from above to carry the burden of their persecution.

They are so busy playing the victim, they neither take the time or the effort to make rational thoughts.

#16 | Posted by 726 at 2014-02-24 07:47 AM | Reply | Flag: | Newsworthy 1

726

People like Diablo can sit in their ivory towers and pat themselves on the back ~ or they can bend their knee in a church and try to convince God what good people they are.

In the meantime, these religious zealots are paving the road for the return of backroom abortions. But I guess if it's "out of sight, out of mind" they can just shove it all under the rug. They'll never have to witness an aborted fetus being dug out of a dumpster to be used as evidence. They'll never see some unfortunate woman bleeding to death. They'll never know the trauma or the anguish of the families.

Ivory Towers are great places. The come complete with blinders. I'm sure she's very happy there ~ content in the knowledge that she knows God's will.

#17 | Posted by Twinpac at 2014-02-24 09:15 AM | Reply | Flag:

"Sharing X-rays to joke about them was condemned by medical ethics professionals."

Well, at least it's not as bad as tapping your foot in the men's room or putting a crated dog on top of your car. THOSE things can certainly disrupt ANY campaign.

#18 | Posted by jestgettinalong at 2014-02-24 03:27 PM | Reply | Flag:

Wow. Before reading this thread I would have thought that this man's actions are not reflective of the attitudes of anyone but him.

But I click on the link and low and behold - there are people taking up for him.

#19 | Posted by Sully at 2014-02-24 03:39 PM | Reply | Flag:

#10 | Posted by goatman at 2014-02-23 08:02 PM

"Funny"? As in "They all float down here"? Suddenly, comments about balut on your privates seem quite sane.

#20 | Posted by redlightrobot at 2014-02-24 04:16 PM | Reply | Flag:

**** She should have thanked Obama too!!!

#21 | Posted by AntiCadillac at 2014-02-24 09:16 PM | Reply | Flag:

"In the meantime, these religious zealots are paving the road for the return of backroom abortions."

Believing makes one a 'zealot' in the pro-abort world of make believe.
Back room abortions never left, they became legitimized, Twin.

#22 | Posted by Diablo at 2014-02-24 10:03 PM | Reply | Flag:

Legitimized back room abortions is an oxymoron, no?

#23 | Posted by rstybeach11 at 2014-02-24 10:09 PM | Reply | Flag:

No, Rsty. They are now paid for by Obamacare.

#24 | Posted by Diablo at 2014-02-25 12:33 AM | Reply | Flag:

Interesting how macabre humor about humans is OK, but irreverent jokes about microwaved cats are taboo.

#25 | Posted by goatman at 2014-02-25 12:37 AM | Reply | Flag:

Hey Rsty!

I kid you not - I am watching Roadhouse as I am typing this and Swayze just ripped out the throat of "Jimmy".

I understand you like to post that pic, on the sly, when a certain poster on this site named "Dalton" knee-caps a DR liberal.

Absolutely hilarious, BTW!

#26 | Posted by JeffJ at 2014-02-25 12:38 AM | Reply | Flag:

That's awesome. Can't help but not think of Swayze every time I see Dalton on here. He used to play along lol

#27 | Posted by rstybeach11 at 2014-02-25 01:00 PM | Reply | Flag:

Best line in the movie: "Pain don't hurt."

#28 | Posted by JeffJ at 2014-02-25 01:03 PM | Reply | Flag:

#26 | Posted by JeffJ at 2014-02-25 12:38 AM | Reply | Flag:

I watched it last night too.

There are movies that I've seen over a dozen times where if I'm bored and flipping through channels and the movie is on, I might stop to keep watching for a while. There are other movies like Unforgiven where if I know a certain part is coming up, I will almost definitely leave it on.....

But there are only three movies that I've seen many, many times and that I will still watch completely almost every single time they are on TV. Two of them are the first two Godfather movies. The other is Roadhouse.

#29 | Posted by Sully at 2014-02-25 01:19 PM | Reply | Flag: