Sunday, February 16, 2014

A 19-year-old self-described Satanist charged with murder along with her husband told a newspaper that she's a serial killer. Miranda Barbour told the Daily Item in Sunbury that she was confessing to being a serial killer because she wanted to stop living a lie, though she feels no remorse because she only killed "bad people." The paper reported that during a phone interview at Northumberland County Prison Friday, Barbour admitted her guilt in the Nov. 11 stabbing death of Troy LaFerrara of Port Trevorton and said she has killed many others in Alaska, Texas, North Carolina and California the past six years. "When I hit 22, I stopped counting," she said. "I can pinpoint on a map where you can find them."

Menu

Subscriptions

Author Info

Diablo

MORE STORIES

Comments

Only 19 years old.

#1 | Posted by Diablo at 2014-02-16 02:10 AM | Reply | Flag:

"When I hit 22, I stopped counting"

Yeah I stopped believing her at this point.

If she can't even name the first one she's a delusional attention addict.

#2 | Posted by Tor at 2014-02-16 02:30 AM | Reply | Flag:

You might be right, Tor. Henry Lee Lucas pulled that stunt and led law enforcement around by the nose for years as too many jurisdictions seemed eager to clear the case files.
But the comments by the chief about being 'seriously concerned' (I neglected to break a paragraph there. Sorry.) Make me think she at least had decent info to convey. Her guilt admission also indicates a certain weariness...

#3 | Posted by Diablo at 2014-02-16 02:50 AM | Reply | Flag:

"When I hit 22, I stopped counting"

She also said she had "at least" one abortion. I guess she stopped counting those after one.

#4 | Posted by sentinel at 2014-02-16 12:19 PM | Reply | Flag:

A 19-year-old self-described Satanist

Posted by Diablo at 10:34

#5 | Posted by Zed at 2014-02-16 12:28 PM | Reply | Flag:

Thank god no Christian ever murdered anyone.

#6 | Posted by Harry_Powell at 2014-02-16 10:24 PM | Reply | Flag: | Funny: 1

@ HARRY_POWELL

It's a bit of a paradox really.

As declared by their holy work Christians of course aren't supposed to murder and those who engage in murder are likely not Christians.

But is that murder as decided by society at the time of the killing?

By society in the future?

By God?

There are some clear cut cases no doubt but are the ones I'm thinking of now the same as what I will think in the future? what about society? God???

The more you think about it the stranger it gets.

#7 | Posted by Tor at 2014-02-16 10:31 PM | Reply | Flag:

"Thank god no Christian ever murdered anyone."

Whew! Harry came in just in time to make sure it was a thread diverted to Christians as criminals. Nice timing.

#8 | Posted by Diablo at 2014-02-16 11:19 PM | Reply | Flag:

**** It would be very interesting to find out if Miranda has some kind of CONNECTION with the...CIA?

#9 | Posted by AntiCadillac at 2014-02-17 07:06 PM | Reply | Flag: