Sunday, February 09, 2014

After U.S. bobsledder Johnny Quinn realized he was trapped inside his hotel bathroom this weekend, the 30-year-old Olympian broke down the door. Quinn, who was phoneless post-shower, pummeled through the pseudo-wood to escape that small, steamy space -- and tweeted the aftermath to the world.

Menu

Subscriptions

Author Info

Rigel

MORE STORIES

Comments

Meanwhile...

Empty elevator shaft nearly kills British woman bobsledder.

www.businessinsider.com

The funniest things happen to white people.

#1 | Posted by Rigel at 2014-02-09 04:55 AM | Reply | Flag:

Hey, Kool-Aid!

#2 | Posted by rcade at 2014-02-09 12:03 PM | Reply | Flag:

"The funniest things happen to white people."

#1 | POSTED BY RIGEL

I dunno - explosions are pretty hysterical.

#3 | Posted by Harry_Powell at 2014-02-09 12:15 PM | Reply | Flag: | Funny: 2

explosions are pretty hysterical.

Specially when they are done with pressure cookers?

Yep... we get where you are coming from.

#4 | Posted by Rigel at 2014-02-09 12:27 PM | Reply | Flag:

Hey, Kool-Aid!

Why is he calling me "kool aid"?

I don't get it....

#5 | Posted by Rigel at 2014-02-09 12:28 PM | Reply | Flag: | Funny: 2

Anyway, this thread was intended to be light hearted and sort of funny.

I request low-life thread hijackers to stay away.

Your cooperation will be appreciated by the rest of us.

#6 | Posted by Rigel at 2014-02-09 12:30 PM | Reply | Flag:

I don't get it....

#5 | Posted by Rigel

youtu.be

#7 | Posted by patron at 2014-02-09 12:38 PM | Reply | Flag:

Funny that Karachi is the world's most violent city, yet the U.S. doesn't even make the top 10. We must be slippin' (or Rigel be trippin')

www.wonderslist.com

#8 | Posted by Harry_Powell at 2014-02-09 03:07 PM | Reply | Flag: | Newsworthy 2

How do you call someone a fookin' idjit in a "light hearted and sort of funny" way?

#9 | Posted by Harry_Powell at 2014-02-09 03:09 PM | Reply | Flag: | Funny: 1

Meanwhile...
Empty elevator shaft nearly kills British woman bobsledder.
www.businessinsider.com
The funniest things happen to white people.
#1 | Posted by Rigel at 2014-02-09 04:55 AM

You rang? I think the funniest thing to happen to White people is the subjugation of your nation. I mean, having to give that dirt-bowl back to you undeserving Brown people - there's no end to that hilarity!:]

Oh, other than you violently murdering the main prospect for peace in your region and destroying hope for millions of your people lasting years and years. Good times.

#10 | Posted by redlightrobot at 2014-02-09 04:32 PM | Reply | Flag: | Funny: 1

you violently murdering the main prospect for peace

You don't say that to a country that is the largest contributor to UN peacekeeping operations on the planet.

#12 | Posted by Rigel at 2014-02-09 09:30 PM | Reply | Flag:

I wonder how would I have reacted to getting locked in that bathroom?

Should I have waited until people noticed I was missing? Should I have let all the hot water run out, until people complained? Should I have tapped Morse code on the pipes?

I am a gentleman... I don't go breaking down doors... it just seems... unseemly.

As for the elevator shaft, I would have stepped right through, I'm afraid.

#13 | Posted by Rigel at 2014-02-09 09:34 PM | Reply | Flag:

BTW, it seems Russian doors are made out of tissue paper.... (see the hole in the pic).

I would love to see him break down Soviet era door.

#14 | Posted by Rigel at 2014-02-09 09:36 PM | Reply | Flag:

"What's more, while a soldier is deployed with the United Nations his respective defense ministry can remove him from the government payroll. In that sense, UN peacekeeping offers South Asian armies the opportunity to keep 10,000 troops apiece in their force structure at no cost to themselves. It's a tremendous bargain, provided the military can spare the troops. ‘At some point it could become a burden on an over-stretched army,' Schaffer says."

thediplomat.com

#15 | Posted by danni at 2014-02-09 09:42 PM | Reply | Flag:

"And the point of this was?"

The point, obviously, is the Pakistan isn't motivated by humanitarian goals but by their desire to maintain a large army and get the UN to pay for part of it. I read your earlier post, it took me about a minute and a half to figure out the motivation and then sure as hell I found that I wasn't the first, by any means, to figure it out.

#17 | Posted by danni at 2014-02-09 10:00 PM | Reply | Flag:

"Oh right... Danni also belongs to the so called "LBGT community"..... and these people are so sore at the Russians, their blood boils at the mention of Sochi. LOL"

I am watching Sochi Olympics right now, I am totally fascinated by them, I love them and I don't blame Russians for the stupid laws their government passes any more than I blame you for the stupidity of Islamic leaders or Pakistani leaders. The Olympics is about the athletes, their stories, their trials, their successes and failures. I would never let some law in Russia ruin the Olympics for me. When some were calling for a boycott I was thinking about the 1936 Olympics in Berlin, I regret that the US boycotted in 1980. I respect Jimmy Carter but that was a mistake.

#20 | Posted by danni at 2014-02-09 10:05 PM | Reply | Flag:

Pakistan isn't motivated by humanitarian goals

#21 | Posted by Rigel at 2014-02-09 10:06 PM | Reply | Flag:

"They don't. The soldiers draw their salaries and extra from the UN, both together."

Yeah, the nation of Pakistan is just a humanitarian gift horse. Riiiight. What I posted about it still stands, you offered nothing to prove your point.

#22 | Posted by danni at 2014-02-09 10:07 PM | Reply | Flag:

the stupid laws their government passes

Yep.

Anger issues.

What would Danni have done if locked in a bathroom at Sochi?

Nuked the place? LOL

#23 | Posted by Rigel at 2014-02-09 10:08 PM | Reply | Flag:

"We are humanitarian enough to not punch holes in doors of places where we are staying as guests."

Then I guess you are just willing to be prisoners of bad construction, sounds like a stupid plan to me. Personally, I'd punch my way out if I could. Perhaps that is the difference between us as nations. Perhaps that's why America is the greatest super power on Earth and Pakistan is .......?

#24 | Posted by danni at 2014-02-09 10:09 PM | Reply | Flag:

What I posted about it still stands, you offered nothing to prove your point.

I just have to say it's rubbish and that's good enough.

I know for a fact, that soldiers on UN duty get paid their own salaries as well as UN salaries.

India might stop paying them... we don't.

the nation of Pakistan is just a humanitarian gift horse. Riiiight.

The world is full of wonder, what can I say?

#25 | Posted by Rigel at 2014-02-09 10:10 PM | Reply | Flag:

"Nuked the place? LOL"

UNlike Pakistan that gave nukes to the ultra responsible Kim Jung Il. Yeah, we're the nuclear problem.

#26 | Posted by danni at 2014-02-09 10:10 PM | Reply | Flag:

I'd punch my way out

Yeah. Sure. LOL

America is the greatest super power on Earth

And all they had to do was break down a door! LOL

#27 | Posted by Rigel at 2014-02-09 10:13 PM | Reply | Flag:

"The world is full of wonder, what can I say?"

The less the better.

#28 | Posted by danni at 2014-02-09 10:13 PM | Reply | Flag:

Pakistan that gave nukes to the ultra responsible Kim Jung Il.

Danni does not believe in the free market... shows communist leanings.

#29 | Posted by Rigel at 2014-02-09 10:14 PM | Reply | Flag:

"Danni does not believe in the free market... shows communist leanings."

I've said it many times, I don't believe in the unfettered free market and I think even my conservative fellow posters would agree that selling Kim Jung Il nuclear weapons was probably one of the most terrible things ever done by any nation and especially one that pretends to be an ally of the United States. Quite honestly, I think anyone, including Pakistanis, that defend that are sick, the end result of that decision may rain down (literally) on the heads of Pakistanis someday. You have lost all credibility today. Good day sir.

#30 | Posted by danni at 2014-02-09 10:18 PM | Reply | Flag:

America's problem now.

We saved the Koreans from getting bombed for pretend-reasons by Dubya (like Iraq), that's all.

Humanitarianism at it's finest.

No way that can EVER happen. LOL

Koreans are friends and US is owned by China.

#31 | Posted by Rigel at 2014-02-09 10:23 PM | Reply | Flag:

How did getting stuck in a bathroom morph into Nukes?

#33 | Posted by patron at 2014-02-10 06:46 AM | Reply | Flag:

I have known some people however, who when stuck in the bathroom, felt their world was ending.

Which is actually kind of silly.

If you are stuck in the bathroom, at least you won't die of thirst, so you can survive for 6 days at least.

You can drink out of the tap, you can drink out of the shower, you can even drink out of the toilet... but you will LIVE by Gawd!

What is all the panic about, I don't understand.

#35 | Posted by Rigel at 2014-02-10 07:01 AM | Reply | Flag:

Now falling down an elevator shaft... THAT would've been a deal killer.

#36 | Posted by Rigel at 2014-02-10 07:02 AM | Reply | Flag:

Looks like taking a crap is a spectator sport.Wonder if they hold up score cards when you're done?

thechive.files.wordpress.com

#37 | Posted by patron at 2014-02-10 07:12 AM | Reply | Flag:

Looks like taking a crap is a spectator sport.

Oh, you don't know?

A famous Pakistani writer visited Moscow in the 50s. He wrote how wonderful Moscow was... sure they didn't have much food or chocolates, but they were all educated and all Russians LOVE to read.

In fact they read a lot sitting on the toilets... which had no stalls and were set in one room, in rows next to each other, on every floor of a building like urinals.

Apparently the Soviets didn't have any concept of privacy when taking a dump.

Also, Doestovisky (spelling?) was good for bowel movement.

#38 | Posted by Rigel at 2014-02-10 07:25 AM | Reply | Flag:

Men and women has different toilets, btw... at least there was that.

#39 | Posted by Rigel at 2014-02-10 07:25 AM | Reply | Flag:

[...] The Olympian was trapped and obeyed his human instinct to free himself. He was also probably concerned about missing his event.

Who among us wouldn't have done the same thing?

21 out of 36 posts is just Rigel anyway, trying to stay relevant on a nothing story that he thinks will embarrass Americans.

EPIC FAIL. There are a lot worse stories than this about sub-standard hotel accommodations affecting Olympians from many other countries.

#40 | Posted by Twinpac at 2014-02-10 07:27 AM | Reply | Flag:

"In fact they read a lot sitting on the toilets."

I learned every thing I know from reading on the toilet.
I remember when I was in Korea they only had one bathroom in the bar. I was taking a leak and some girl came in a squatted right next to me. That was strange.

#41 | Posted by patron at 2014-02-10 07:32 AM | Reply | Flag:

#40 | Posted by Twinpac
Lacks Potty humor.

#42 | Posted by patron at 2014-02-10 07:37 AM | Reply | Flag:

I'll say!

Some places and people look normal on the outside and then suddenly something weird happens. LOL

Often it's a language problem... you think they are speaking the same language you are... but no, not exactly.

And English lady asked some guy in Karachi, sitting on a table next to her, "may I have that pen please?"

"Sure you may".

Confused, she asked the guy again... "May I Please have that pen???"

"Lady, nobody is stopping you. Take it".

Ah... now she understood....

"Please take that pen and give it to me, I want to write something"...

"Oh!... Here you go! Why didn't you say that before?"

LOL