Thursday, February 06, 2014

Fox News Channel's Bill O'Reilly fired back at "Daily Show" host Jon Stewart Wednesday, saying Stewart lives in "left-wing fantasyland."

Stewart on Tuesday accused O'Reilly of "dipping whole-scale into the full Fox scandal grab bag" during his interview with President Barack Obama before Sunday's Super Bowl.

O'Reilly asked Obama about the Benghazi attack, the IRS scandal and the Obamacare website rollout debacle. Stewart said "many of those issues" had been investigated "on multiple occasions."

Liberal Blog Advertising Network

Menu

Subscriptions

Author Info

ClownShack

MORE STORIES

In his opening segment, titled "Making Jon Stewart Understand America," O'Reilly said, "These issues aren't important to Jon Stewart or even to the president. They don't see them as vital because they don't pertain to social justice or global warming. So, if I ask about those issues, I'm a dufus, a scandalmonger. That's the spin."

O'Reilly called the claim that the issues had been investigated a "farce," noting that there has been no final report issued on the IRS' targeting of conservative groups, no one has been arrested in the deadly Benghazi attack, and the Obamacare fallout has not subsided.

"Are you hearing me out there in left-wing fantasyland?" O'Reilly asked.

Comments

O'Reilly is really pushing the envelope of Stupid.

Not only did he get his *** handed to him by Obama, now he's inviting John Stewart and The Daily Show staff to humiliate him.

I guess he's hoping for more publicity.

When you're a public whore, go all the way.

#1 | Posted by ClownShack at 2014-02-06 10:11 PM | Reply | Flag:

Is he "Becking out"?

#2 | Posted by oldwhiskeysour at 2014-02-06 10:51 PM | Reply | Flag:

I would go with a yes.

He's still soar over that interview with Obama and is lashing out at anyone that brings it up.

It's like punching your brother cause he laughed at you getting reprimanded by your parents.

#3 | Posted by ClownShack at 2014-02-06 11:14 PM | Reply | Flag:

Face it, folks. O'Reilly peaked with "Inside Edition". It's been all downhill since then.

#4 | Posted by Harry_Powell at 2014-02-06 11:32 PM | Reply | Flag:

Says more about O'Reilly than it does about Stewart.

#5 | Posted by TheTom at 2014-02-07 12:35 AM | Reply | Flag:

"O'Reilly asked Obama about the Benghazi attack, the IRS scandal and the Obamacare website rollout debacle"

And why should Obama NOT be asked about such things?

#6 | Posted by Diablo at 2014-02-07 01:40 AM | Reply | Flag:

"Making Jon Stewart Understand America,"

Pompous @ss

#7 | Posted by Tor at 2014-02-07 01:42 AM | Reply | Flag:

"And why should Obama NOT be asked about such things?"

Old news. Why not ask him about TPP, neutrality, and minimum wage increase? Debt ceiling?

#8 | Posted by danni at 2014-02-07 08:07 AM | Reply | Flag:

How much do you wanna bet that Stewart and O'Reilly would enjoy one helluva night out on the town? Come on. Old-school friends with opposing views tossin' back a few and oglin' the babes.

#9 | Posted by pragmatist at 2014-02-07 08:39 AM | Reply | Flag:

"How much do you wanna bet that Stewart and O'Reilly would enjoy one helluva night out on the town?"

Given that their studios are across the street from each other, that probably happens quite a bit.

#10 | Posted by REDIAL at 2014-02-07 09:04 AM | Reply | Flag:

10: I would hope so. It would be funny if they planned this spat.

#11 | Posted by pragmatist at 2014-02-07 09:10 AM | Reply | Flag:

why that lousy skunk oreilly...

I mean, it's not like Stewart has ever called anyone something??

tsk tsk tsk

once again...the left dishes it out but cries like women when it comes at them......

#12 | Posted by afkabl2 at 2014-02-07 01:16 PM | Reply | Flag:

and besides...EACH ONE OF YOU wants this to keep going or even escalate since stewart is your political know it all guru..

#13 | Posted by afkabl2 at 2014-02-07 01:17 PM | Reply | Flag:

#13 | Posted by afkabl2

Jon Stewart is not a political guru.

Just so we are clear on who is what, Jon Stewart is the comedian and Bill O'Reilly is the joke.

#14 | Posted by donnerboy at 2014-02-07 02:22 PM | Reply | Flag: | Funny: 1 | Newsworthy 1

O'Reilly says Jon Stewart is in "Left-Wing Fantasyland"

This coming from a man who claims his recent interview with Obama is "going to go down in journalistic history".

#15 | Posted by Derek_Wildstar at 2014-02-07 03:41 PM | Reply | Flag:

O'reilly is a right fence sitter, worthless political sound piece, doesn't have the character to stand up to what he knows is correct and right.

#16 | Posted by moneywar at 2014-02-07 03:44 PM | Reply | Flag:

#16 | Posted by moneywar at 2014-02-07 03:44 PM

You're giving him too much credit - O'Reilly's sounding board were merely re-enforcing the same worthlessly cocky indifference to criticism and focus 100% on his "legitimate cripes". I feel numb to it after a while - they are acting with such earnest it's hard not to feel patronized to, let alone watch their gears turn. Disgusting, but hypnotic.

#17 | Posted by redlightrobot at 2014-02-07 05:43 PM | Reply | Flag:

"I would hope so. It would be funny if they planned this spat."
#11 | Posted by pragmatist

I doubt it was planned, but it's an ongoing thing they do. Bill is a Daily Show guest every time he has a new book out. Bill and Jon trade barbs but both are usually fighting to keep a straight face.

Contrast that with O'Reilly on Bill Maher's show... the mutual contempt is palpable.

#18 | Posted by REDIAL at 2014-02-07 11:21 PM | Reply | Flag:

"And why should Obama NOT be asked about such things?"
....."Old news."

ROFLMAO!!!!!! Great answer!

#19 | Posted by KBM at 2014-02-08 08:30 AM | Reply | Flag:

When O'Reilly came out with his "War on Christmas" he lost whatever tiny amount of credibility he ever had and became just another empty suit pandering to the least intelligent segment of the population which Fox News successfully farms for ratings.

#20 | Posted by danni at 2014-02-08 08:41 AM | Reply | Flag:

irony...your denial of a 'war on christmas' today is an 'off season' SHOT in the war on christmas. that denial, in fact, is a major part of the war.

but to this post.....every one of you who bashes oreilly are doing it merely because he asked the man questions that the other outlets are too cowardly to do because they know their access will be limited..

that, and he sounded as pathetic as some of you do when you whine about those mean old fox people who dare to question the imperial president.

AS I HAVE said elsewhere around here...I didn't watch the initial interview because I knew oreilly would still be talking about it and showing it a week later...and I was right........again.

#21 | Posted by afkabl2 at 2014-02-08 12:04 PM | Reply | Flag:

Jon Stewart is not a political guru.

#14 | Posted by donnerboy at 201

I'm not going to take the time to link it because it's a waste of my time, but I would bet most younger voters believe what stewart says is always the truth...unedited truth and thus a 'guru'....LOOSELY translated....

i'm surprised they didn't have to have the interview in an open air venue..with those two egos and heads.....but to say oreilly was a joke is just simple bias.

#22 | Posted by afkabl2 at 2014-02-08 12:08 PM | Reply | Flag:

"I'm not going to take the time to link it because it's a waste of my time..."

You're not going to link it because you can't. Be honest at least.

#23 | Posted by REDIAL at 2014-02-08 12:18 PM | Reply | Flag:

But I'll tell you one thing I know for sure about him ;I wish I had a nickel every time Bill O'Reilly used the word "left-Wing" or "leftist."

#24 | Posted by shane at 2014-02-08 09:11 PM | Reply | Flag:

"Bill is a Daily Show guest every time he has a new book out. Bill and Jon trade barbs but both are usually fighting to keep a straight face."

Yay! I love it when rivals can have fun with each other.

"that denial, in fact, is a major part of the war."

Genius illogic!

"I always thought he was indifferent to politics. You know, apolitical. I've always heard that he was just giving America a "heads-up" on what's going on out there."

HAHAHAHAAHAHA! "No Spin Zone," my... FOOT.

#25 | Posted by pragmatist at 2014-02-08 09:47 PM | Reply | Flag: