Wednesday, February 05, 2014

The Democratic activist Sandra Fluke, made famous by the sexist abuse she received from right-wing radio host Rush Limbaugh, has decided against running for the seat in Congress of retiring Rep. Henry A. Waxman (D). Instead, Fluke is running for the California state Senate. "I am extremely moved by the outpouring of local and national support I have received since I announced that I was considering running for office," Fluke said. "My entire career has been devoted to the public interest, whether representing victims of human trafficking or advocating for working families. I am committed to continuing that fight in Sacramento, working to protect our environment, ensure our access to health care, and create the jobs that are desperately needed. While I strongly considered offering my candidacy for Congress, I feel there is a better way for me to advance the causes that are important to our community."

Liberal Blog Advertising Network

Menu

Subscriptions

Author Info

rcade

MORE STORIES

Comments

Is she still single?

#1 | Posted by Tor at 2014-02-05 01:01 PM | Reply | Flag:

Twas the plan all along.

#2 | Posted by bogey1355 at 2014-02-05 01:04 PM | Reply | Flag:

#3 | POSTED BY PANEOCON

And what, exactly, has she done to deserve that appellation?

#5 | Posted by WhoDaMan at 2014-02-05 01:21 PM | Reply | Flag: | Newsworthy 2

She changed her mind: dailycaller.com

#7 | Posted by path at 2014-02-05 01:29 PM | Reply | Flag:

She can only be an improvement to Sacramento.

#8 | Posted by Tor at 2014-02-05 01:36 PM | Reply | Flag:

She's running for the CA State Senate instead. She's running for the seat of the guy who's going to run for Waxman's seat.
www.latimes.com

#10 | Posted by WhoDaMan at 2014-02-05 01:41 PM | Reply | Flag:

potential campaign ad:

"I am not a slut....I'm nothing you've heard. I'm you. None of us are perfect..."

I am Sandra Fluke and I approve this message.

#11 | Posted by donnerboy at 2014-02-05 01:47 PM | Reply | Flag:

"Now that I have government paid contraception, I'm ready to screw the public!"

#13 | Posted by rearendhat at 2014-02-05 02:33 PM | Reply | Flag: | Newsworthy 1

Making fun of a Republican to make fun of a Democrat?

#14 | Posted by Tor at 2014-02-05 04:20 PM | Reply | Flag:

Sandra Fluke:

Can't afford Birth Control

Paid $1,740 Filing Fee to run for Congress

#15 | Posted by homerj at 2014-02-05 04:25 PM | Reply | Flag:

She is scared to lose on a national stage, so she is going to run in an echo chamber where there are more lefty crazies..

#16 | Posted by boaz at 2014-02-05 04:27 PM | Reply | Flag:

I hope she wins, then it'll be just another fluke all the time.

#17 | Posted by nutcase at 2014-02-05 04:40 PM | Reply | Flag:

Unsurprising.

#18 | Posted by soheifox at 2014-02-05 05:21 PM | Reply | Flag:

BEGS FOR BIRTH CONTROL

finds almost 1800 to do this..

let me guess...she's on the DEMOCRAT BALLOT??

#19 | Posted by afkabl2 at 2014-02-05 08:09 PM | Reply | Flag:

Sandra Fluke Running for Public Office

No she's not.

#20 | Posted by rstybeach11 at 2014-02-05 08:12 PM | Reply | Flag:

"Can't afford Birth Control
Paid $1,740 Filing Fee to run for Congress"

Yeah, cuz unlike REpublicans she empathizes with those who have less than she does and tries to help them. Pile on the hate.

#21 | Posted by danni at 2014-02-05 08:15 PM | Reply | Flag:

Can't afford Birth Control
Paid $1,740 Filing Fee to run for Congress

#15 | POSTED BY HOMERJ

You don't think she had financial backers for a Congressional run? Most do. Oh, but she's was the exception, because she spent all her money on anti-baby pills, eh?

Wow. Just wow.

#22 | Posted by rstybeach11 at 2014-02-05 08:19 PM | Reply | Flag:

.......has decided against running for the seat in Congress of retiring Rep. Henry A. Waxman (R).

Waxman is an R? Anyone who runs for his seat had better be cleared and of the proper Party and ethnicity. Isn't that the way it works in our country, allegedly blind to religion, race and ethnicity in Congress, except when it comes to some seats.......?

#29 | Posted by Robson at 2014-02-06 11:03 AM | Reply | Flag:

#21 | Posted by danni at 2014-02-05 08:15 PM | Reply | Flag:

LOL. Yeah she wants to help people with other people's money. Name one thing she has done for people who have less? She's been a student her entire life for christ sake.

#30 | Posted by Dalton at 2014-02-06 11:10 AM | Reply | Flag:

I met my wife at the beginning of my sophomore year in college.

Once we began having sex we did so on a daily basis.

I don't harbor any negative feelings toward Fluke that she's taking a pounding on a constant basis.

Good for her.

When I was in college my now-wife and I would never have even considered asking somebody to pay for the condoms and later the birth control pills. We wouldn't have even been able to fathom the outright gall and sense of entitlement necessary to lobby the government to coerce a 3rd party to provide birth control to us at no cost.

Lefties rail against supposed right-wing 'greed' while in the very same breath demand that the government confiscate what others have worked for and hand it over to them.

#32 | Posted by JeffJ at 2014-02-06 11:24 AM | Reply | Flag:

#32 | POSTED BY JEFFJ AT 2014-02-06 11:24 AM | FLAG: STUPID QUESTION EVEN IF RHETORICAL

[...] You aren't the only one's that have worked hard and until the ACA couldn't afford reliable birth control.

So perhaps you are saying that if they can;t afford birth control they shouldn't be allowed to have sex.. hah!!! Good luck with that one!!! Next thing you will be suggesting that we should go the eugenics route only make it sound not so eugenic-y.

[...] Population is control is not a "those people out" there issue. Its one of those things that is an issue for the human organism as a whole. You think you should not have to any responsibility when part of the organism is still reproducing and taxing the planets resources? Well you are just going to have to get over that.

Right now there is some one (actually several someone's) screwing without using birth control because they lack to means to acquire it. At the same time there are those whining about the idea of contributing making it available to as many people as possible. Whose actions stand a chance of having the most impact?

Way cheaper in the long run to chip in for some birth control than bitch about it and insist on doing nothing.

You people are idiots for really obvious reasons.

My favorite thing about Ms Fluke is that by doing little more than showing up making a statement about a small matter, she sent the pig mouth piece into one of his stupid diatribes that gets you all frothed up. He lost sponsors and had to publicly apologize demonstrating who was the bigger whore... and it wasn't him. Oh he was a whore all right, [...]

#36 | Posted by RightisTrite at 2014-02-06 01:42 PM | Reply | Flag:

"He lost sponsors and had to publicly apologize demonstrating who was the bigger whore..."

#37 | Posted by jestgettinalong at 2014-02-06 01:52 PM | Reply | Flag:

[...] You talking about limbaugh? I hear he's almost destitute and pleading for new sponsors. Someone said he's almost as destitute as Phil Robertson. That'll teach 'im!

#37 | POSTED BY JESTGETTINALONG AT 2014-02-06 01:52 PM | REPLY | FLAG:EYE ROLL

And your point? I don't care if people are whores just making commentary about them discrediting Sandra Fluke because they think she's one. Nevertheless she is one of the rare people to get one out of him. More on her side than his.

Limbaugh is show biz not in a position to make policy because he doesn't have what it takes. He rarely apologizes and he He he gives people an opportunity to feel justified in their angst. Its theater... radio theater because he doesn't have a countenance that makes him appealing to look at.

Like a lot of stars Rush will become a historical blip because he contributes nothing of lasting wort. His books are mediocre. If he died today it would make no difference.

Obama is going to leave a greater historical impact over his one decade of work that Limbaugh in 30 years of his. Obama has already made history Limbaugh just yammers about his interpretation of it.

Either way all of us have the same ultimate destiny.

#39 | Posted by RightisTrite at 2014-02-06 05:13 PM | Reply | Flag:

Here's the relevant portion: "These denials of contraceptive coverage impact real people. In the worst cases, women who need this medication for other medical reasons suffer very dire consequences. A friend of mine, for example, has polycystic ovarian syndrome, and she has to take prescription birth control to stop cysts from growing on her ovaries. Her prescription is technically covered by Georgetown's insurance, because it's not intended to prevent pregnancy. Unfortunately, under many religious institutions' insurance plans, it wouldn't be."

www.politifact.com

Now you don't have to sound uninformed on this subject in the future by claiming she just wanted to have sex a lot.

You're welcome.

#40 | Posted by rcade at 2014-02-06 06:17 PM | Reply | Flag: | Newsworthy 1

Waxman is an R?

No. That error in the summary has been fixed.

#41 | Posted by rcade at 2014-02-06 06:21 PM | Reply | Flag:

Name one thing she has done for people who have less?

She was one of the founders of the New York Statewide Coalition for Fair Access to Family Court, which was successful in getting a law passed to grant access to civil orders of protection for unmarried victims of domestic violence.

Next question.

#42 | Posted by rcade at 2014-02-06 06:24 PM | Reply | Flag:

"If your now-wife needed birth control pills for a difficult medical condition, would she think it shouldn't be covered by an insurance plan?

Sandra Fluke's testimony referred specifically to that kind of situation. It wasn't just about sex."

Wouldn't that point only be relevant if she was pushing for birth control pills to be covered only when they are prescribe for reasons other than contraception?

She DOES want contraception for recreational purposes covered by mandate.

#43 | Posted by Sully at 2014-02-06 08:39 PM | Reply | Flag:

California already is represented by so many flakes; so why not one more flake.

#44 | Posted by matsop at 2014-02-06 09:35 PM | Reply | Flag:

she's running in California? She'll probably win.

#45 | Posted by ClownShack at 2014-02-06 09:37 PM | Reply | Flag:

Frank Zappa - Flakes
www.youtube.com

California's got the most of them.

lol

#46 | Posted by Zatoichi at 2014-02-06 09:56 PM | Reply | Flag:

Town Wh*re is not an elected office.

#47 | Posted by visitor_ at 2014-02-07 12:14 AM | Reply | Flag:

It takes no imagination to see how you got the appointment....

#48 | Posted by Corky at 2014-02-07 12:15 AM | Reply | Flag: | Funny: 1

I was going to respond but Sully already said what I was going to say.

I applaud her libido.

I applaud her not wanting to get pregnant until she's ready for motherhood (assuming that is ultimately what she wants) and thus taking preventative measures.

I abhor her lobbying the federal government to force a 3rd party to finance her goalie.

#49 | Posted by JeffJ at 2014-02-07 12:46 AM | Reply | Flag:

She's sleeping with a goalie?

#50 | Posted by Corky at 2014-02-07 12:47 AM | Reply | Flag:

She's sleeping with a goalie?

Probably.

#51 | Posted by JeffJ at 2014-02-07 12:59 AM | Reply | Flag:

Cork,

If you didn't get the joke it was borrowed from 4 Christmases.

"Pulling the goalie" was having unprotected sex.

#52 | Posted by JeffJ at 2014-02-07 01:00 AM | Reply | Flag: