Drudge Retort: The Other Side of the News
Monday, February 03, 2014

A middle school student's iPhone blew up when she sat down with the device in her back pocket. The student at the Middle School of the Kennebunks in Maine said she heard a pop and a burning from the phone. She raced to the corner and took off her pants, suffering minor burns. "We're very grateful the girl is OK and the quick response from the students and the staff minimized what potentially could have caused a lot more damage," principal Jeffrey Rodman said.

Advertisement

Liberal Blog Advertising Network

Menu

Advertisement

Subscriptions

Author Info

reitze

 

Advertisement

MORE STORIES

 

Advertisement

More

Picture at the link.

Comments

Admin's note: Participants in this discussion must follow the site's moderation policy. Profanity will be filtered. Abusive conduct is not allowed.

Use android. Stay away from i-crap.

#1 | Posted by Rigel at 2014-02-02 02:33 PM | Reply | Flag: | Newsworthy 1

And keep your but out of the snow!
Snow Fire (reitze - burns a shovel full)

#2 | Posted by reitze at 2014-02-02 02:45 PM | Reply | Flag: | Newsworthy 1

What a kick in the arse.

#3 | Posted by Doc_Sarvis at 2014-02-02 03:23 PM | Reply | Flag:

Somewhere in China a 5th grader is laughing.

#4 | Posted by 726 at 2014-02-02 03:32 PM | Reply | Flag:

Why would anyone put a phone in their back pocket?

She raced to the corner and took off her pants.

Picture at the link.

Warning! NSFW!

#5 | Posted by sentinel at 2014-02-02 11:04 PM | Reply | Flag:

#5 the pic wasn't NSFW but your comment might be.

#6 | Posted by reitze at 2014-02-03 12:46 AM | Reply | Flag:

#6 pretty much all comments on the Retort are probably NSFW. ☺

#7 | Posted by sentinel at 2014-02-03 08:47 AM | Reply | Flag:

Nothing to do with the phone.I heard she was lying like Obama so her pants caught fire.

#8 | Posted by fishpaw at 2014-02-03 10:40 AM | Reply | Flag:

How much of a nightmare come true is it for any 8th grader to have to pull off his/her pants during class?

#9 | Posted by Sully at 2014-02-03 10:50 AM | Reply | Flag: | Funny: 1

Phone in your back pocket is a bad idea in general. Yep kids are kind of dumb at times (not saying adults aren't).

I am just guessing it's a case plop into your seat breaking the battery open + a short = a fire. Looks like a 4S or older one.

#10 | Posted by GalaxiePete at 2014-02-03 10:51 AM | Reply | Flag:

#2 Only 1 NW 4 that? I've been thinking it might be fun to gas the grass under the foot of snow we're getting... light it spectacularly... LMAO - maybe I'll post it here.

#11 | Posted by reitze at 2014-02-03 11:35 PM | Reply | Flag:

Advertisement

Post a comment

Comments are closed for this entry.

Home | Breaking News | Comments | User Blogs | Stats | Back Page | RSS Feed | RSS Spec | DMCA Compliance | Privacy | Copyright 2014 World Readable

 

Advertisement

Drudge Retort