Saturday, February 01, 2014

When I accepted "The Daily Show"'s invitation to be interviewed about my opposition to a minimum wage increase, I knew that I was walking into a trap. But given how counterproductive I know such an increase would be to those the law proposes to help, I took the risk anyway.

Menu

Subscriptions

Author Info

Dave

MORE STORIES

Hilarious and pathetic.

Comments

I knew that I was walking into a trap.

Posted by Dave at 11:18 AM | 0 COMMENTS | permalink | Comment on This Entry |

You must have thought you could handle it. Grow a pair. Offer to break Jon in two, or something.

#1 | Posted by Zed at 2014-02-01 11:53 AM | Reply | Flag:

That's hilarious.

"Samantha Bee made me say it!"

#2 | Posted by Corky at 2014-02-01 11:57 AM | Reply | Flag:

"While saying nothing about any person's value as an individual or a human being, it is undeniable that the intellectually disabled have, in general, fewer marketable skills than the general population. Anyone arguing otherwise is just speaking from emotion".

And, of course, the intellectually disabled have far fewer abilities to understand how they're exploited by $2.00 prior to signing a work contract.

#3 | Posted by Zed at 2014-02-01 11:58 AM | Reply | Flag:

Where do these people come from, and how do they get through life, much less into power?

#4 | Posted by Zed at 2014-02-01 11:59 AM | Reply | Flag:

#4 Don't know. But these kids are going to have a fun time growing up.

www.timeout.com

#5 | Posted by Corky at 2014-02-01 12:03 PM | Reply | Flag:

Having seen the "interview" and then reading Schiff's whine, Comedy Central got the gist right.

#6 | Posted by YAV at 2014-02-01 12:15 PM | Reply | Flag:

#3 | Posted by Zed

Is it possible to exploit someone if they don't think they're being exploited? (See also: Coerced confessions.)

#7 | Posted by snoofy at 2014-02-01 01:00 PM | Reply | Flag:

Is it possible to exploit someone if they don't think they're being exploited?

#7 | Posted by snoofy at

You know the answer to that one, Snoof Dog.

#8 | Posted by Zed at 2014-02-01 01:03 PM | Reply | Flag:

You'd think this bonehead would've been prepared, knowing he was walking into a "trap".

Or maybe he's just worth less than what he's worth.

#9 | Posted by Dave at 2014-02-01 01:24 PM | Reply | Flag:

Certainly Peter Schiff can not be making more than $1.50 an hour.

#10 | Posted by BruceBanner at 2014-02-01 02:43 PM | Reply | Flag:

His headline includes "anti-war" and there on his page is a huge $100,000 prize from Caterpillar. The man knows his intellectual dishonesty.

#11 | Posted by redlightrobot at 2014-02-01 08:46 PM | Reply | Flag:

Judging by the comments above, the intellectually disabled took offense.

#12 | Posted by Ray at 2014-02-01 09:04 PM | Reply | Flag:

he knew the risks and did it anyway....that's not whining...

he should have told them off but they wouldn't put it on. let me remind any Einstein in the audience that this show is heavily edited because it's a slanted to the left comedy show. One that I used to watch, but do no such thing anymore.

enjoy this silliness.

#13 | Posted by afkabl2 at 2014-02-01 09:16 PM | Reply | Flag:

#12 | Posted by Ray

Yes. Schiff was most certainly offended.

LOL!

#14 | Posted by Dave at 2014-02-01 10:36 PM | Reply | Flag:

"he knew the risks and did it anyway...."

And then whined about the results.

Are you really that stupid?

No need to answer.

#15 | Posted by Dave at 2014-02-01 10:39 PM | Reply | Flag:

thanks DAVE...

I'm apparently smart enough to know that this show will edit and make up anything to make every republican look this way. I guess, perhaps, this is the first time you've seen the show.

and by the way....I always welcome the use of juvenile language from the likes of 'you people'.....it means I've won...

#16 | Posted by afkabl2 at 2014-02-02 11:58 AM | Reply | Flag:

Give yourself a gold star and a pat on the back and go back to sleep.

#17 | Posted by Harry_Powell at 2014-02-02 12:02 PM | Reply | Flag:

Judging by the comments above, the intellectually disabled took offense.

#12 | Posted by Ray at 2014-02-01 09:04 PM | Reply |

Nice come back, Ray. You're correct of course. Those folks don't want honesty and honest debate in the media. That's what places them in the lefty category.

#18 | Posted by matsop at 2014-02-02 12:19 PM | Reply | Flag:

"I'm apparently smart enough to know that this show will edit and make up anything to make every republican look this way."

Apparently, Peter Schiff is even dumber than you, as hard as that is to believe.

#19 | Posted by Dave at 2014-02-02 12:23 PM | Reply | Flag:

"the bottom line is this issue is as significant as stewart himself which is none."

Tell that to yer buddy Schiff, LOL!

#21 | Posted by Dave at 2014-02-02 01:21 PM | Reply | Flag:

I"ve never met the man, so I'm not sure that he's my buddy...or are you saying that we conservatives all look alike???

aaah ha ha