Sunday, January 26, 2014

The German newspaper Die Welt has revealed excerpts of the love letters of Heinrich Himmler, the Nazi military leader who was the builder and overseer of the concentration camps during the Holocaust. Himmler, Adolf Hitler's right-hand man, exchanged many letters with his wife, Margareth, as he was orchestrating the extermination of millions of Jews. "I'm heading to Auschwitz," he wrote in one missive. "Sending you kisses. Your Heini."

Liberal Blog Advertising Network

Menu

Subscriptions

Author Info

Diablo

MORE STORIES

Comments

"Sending you kisses. Your Heini."

Gross, Heinrich. Kiss her on the lips.

#1 | Posted by Diablo at 2014-01-26 02:18 AM | Reply | Flag: | Funny: 1

"I'm so lucky to have such a bad husband who loves his bad wife just like she loves him."

Nazi's in love. Isn't it evil?

#3 | Posted by HeliumRat at 2014-01-26 02:35 AM | Reply | Flag:

just the headline makes me gag ~ no thanx on the article

#4 | Posted by kenx at 2014-01-26 02:44 AM | Reply | Flag:

Hannah Arendt was right about "the banality of evil."

#24 | Posted by Doc_Sarvis at 2014-01-26 06:52 AM | Reply | Flag:

True, Doc.

#26 | Posted by Diablo at 2014-01-26 05:01 PM | Reply | Flag:

Himmler probably had someone else write the letters.

In the end he killed his wife.

#28 | Posted by Tor at 2014-01-26 05:08 PM | Reply | Flag:

I'd rather meet any of these animals than get a love letter from that sicko.

www.youtube.com

#30 | Posted by Tor at 2014-01-26 07:37 PM | Reply | Flag:

When I read a "news article" and the first popup out of their box of tricks is "like us on Facebook" and send more money to Suckerberg, I assume only that it is not and never will be from a credible respectable objective news source.

It is more pure propaganda attempting to convince all of the Americans with less, because of Israel, to send more to Israel and their USA bankers and lobbyists. Hey if Israel can't make a go of it with the help of its many billionaire thieving globalist bankers pals, why should Americans stuck with dead end jobs at Wal-Mart help?

#31 | Posted by Robson at 2014-01-26 07:40 PM | Reply | Flag:

" why should Americans stuck with dead end jobs at Wal-Mart help?" Someone has to pay for all the military hardware, Israel´s needs their tax base to give every one of it´s citizens comprehensive health care including free birth control and free abortions. Someone in the US is being very quiet about that.

#32 | Posted by THomewood at 2014-01-26 08:13 PM | Reply | Flag:

Evil Overlords need love too ... :/

#33 | Posted by captjimmyjames at 2014-01-26 08:49 PM | Reply | Flag:

Why does such evil fascinate us so? The only thing I learned from studying the National Socialist Workers Party and their rise to power is that none of them were extraordinary men. They capitalized on hate when hate was the common coin of the realm. So what should we learn from this? Maybe stop lessening to people who are quick to tell you what they stand ageist, but are ever so slow to say what the are for. (What is your agenda?) should be the first question of of a skeptic's mouth. Too many true believers on the left for much critical thinking.

#34 | Posted by docnjo at 2014-01-26 09:26 PM | Reply | Flag:

"Why does such evil fascinate us so?"

Or it might be there's something wrong with us.

Whatever the case I'd love it if the history channel spent as much time on peace makers as they do on monsters.

#35 | Posted by Tor at 2014-01-26 09:49 PM | Reply | Flag:

"It might have something to do with all the force fed history of "good" people we went through in school."

Amen. How do people admire Caesar or Napoleon except to be taught so?
Anyone who does not admire Brutus simply likes tyranny.

#36 | Posted by Diablo at 2014-01-27 03:01 PM | Reply | Flag:

You too, Diablo?

#37 | Posted by DixvilleNotch at 2014-01-27 03:55 PM | Reply | Flag: | Funny: 2

I am trying to figure out what Dix was asying in that post, and further mystified by its qualification for a flag.

#38 | Posted by Diablo at 2014-01-27 08:52 PM | Reply | Flag:

Hint: Et tu, Diablo?

#39 | Posted by madscientist at 2014-01-27 08:57 PM | Reply | Flag: | Funny: 2

You are a true humanitarian, Mad.

#40 | Posted by DixvilleNotch at 2014-01-27 08:58 PM | Reply | Flag:

Oh well, Julius Caesar was one of the Bard of Avon's minor plays. ☺

#41 | Posted by madscientist at 2014-01-27 09:02 PM | Reply | Flag:

#42 | Posted by DixvilleNotch at 2014-01-27 09:20 PM | Reply | Flag: | Funny: 1

He was probably playing...ahem...Devil's Advocate. Else he finds the knife in the back manoeuver just as delicious. ☺

#43 | Posted by madscientist at 2014-01-27 09:30 PM | Reply | Flag:

I think meant Diablo meant, "tranny"....but I'm not sure.

#44 | Posted by eberly at 2014-01-27 09:32 PM | Reply | Flag: | Funny: 3

I am trying to figure out what Dix was asying in that post,

#38 | POSTED BY DIABLO

Yeah.

BTW, you call me 'Dix' again, I'll flag you for being abusive. It's: 'Notch.

#45 | Posted by DixvilleNotch at 2014-01-27 09:56 PM | Reply | Flag: | Funny: 1 | Newsworthy 1

'manoeuver' -- your cockney is showing again.

#46 | Posted by DixvilleNotch at 2014-01-27 09:58 PM | Reply | Flag:

...your cockney is showing again.

Figures; I'm wearing boxers.

The OED says it's manoeuvre, but the 'Merkin dictionaries say manoeuver is OK, but nonstandard. They prefer maneuver. I was going to type manœuvre in honor of Napoleon, but thought it a tad too recherché.

#47 | Posted by madscientist at 2014-01-27 10:11 PM | Reply | Flag: | Newsworthy 1

"Methinks Diablo simply likes tyrrany. He protests too much about admiring Brutus."

That's what I meant. Julius was the one who destroyed the republic. Brutus and the senate fought him.
To support a republic means opposing Julius Caesar. He was a tyrant and yet is admired.

#48 | Posted by Diablo at 2014-01-27 11:16 PM | Reply | Flag:

Sorry, Notch. I usually condense handles here to sound familiar....and because excess typing hurts my old neck.

#49 | Posted by Diablo at 2014-01-27 11:17 PM | Reply | Flag:

BTW, hint to DR newbies: If you want a newsworthy or funny flag, just insult me. The sock puppets do the rest.

#50 | Posted by Diablo at 2014-01-27 11:57 PM | Reply | Flag:

#49 | POSTED BY DIABLO

I've got a great solution. I don't type with my neck.

#51 | Posted by DixvilleNotch at 2014-01-27 11:59 PM | Reply | Flag: | Funny: 1

I type with my Himmler.

#52 | Posted by DixvilleNotch at 2014-01-28 12:11 AM | Reply | Flag:

Hitler has only got one b*ll
Göring has two but they're very small
Himmler has something sim'lar
And poor old Goebbels has no b*lls at all

--English Traditional

#53 | Posted by madscientist at 2014-01-28 12:19 AM | Reply | Flag:

We used to play some awesome pinball machines in college, very competitively; like Hitler we would try rule the world with just one ball.

#54 | Posted by DixvilleNotch at 2014-01-28 12:26 AM | Reply | Flag:

There's one about von Ribbentrop...

#55 | Posted by madscientist at 2014-01-28 12:29 AM | Reply | Flag:

"I don't type with my neck."

Hee hee! You'll get there someday. Believe me, you hit an age when reaching up to adjust the window shade comes back later in the day.

#56 | Posted by Diablo at 2014-01-28 12:44 AM | Reply | Flag:

Hee hee! I use my Himmler for that too.

Are you TT101?

#57 | Posted by DixvilleNotch at 2014-01-28 12:56 AM | Reply | Flag:

Von Ribbentrop and Wallis Simpson?

#58 | Posted by DixvilleNotch at 2014-01-28 12:57 AM | Reply | Flag:

With a flying helmet, an egg whisk, and a wet celery no less.

#59 | Posted by madscientist at 2014-01-28 01:01 AM | Reply | Flag:

Those love letters come with pix? B&W would be fine with me.

#60 | Posted by DixvilleNotch at 2014-01-28 01:09 AM | Reply | Flag:

King Edward the VIII
Gave up the fate
of Britain a while ago

To marry a Yank
Whose aspect did stank
and most people called a Ho.

And then one day
He heard her say
Dear do bring that nice Bordeaux

And clean your spot
It smells like rot
And that monocle's got to go.

Then Himmler arrived
and von Ribbentrop, too
And the party was in full swing.

With a flying helmet,
an egg whisk, too
But the wet celery was just the thing.

And thus concludes
The trysty tales
Of high society

But remember to bring
The most important thing:
An egg whisk and wet celery.

#61 | Posted by madscientist at 2014-01-28 01:28 AM | Reply | Flag: | Funny: 1

FF!
NW!
HOF!
BRAVO!

#62 | Posted by DixvilleNotch at 2014-01-28 02:33 AM | Reply | Flag:

Such another fine vignette of your Cockney bravura, Governor!

#63 | Posted by DixvilleNotch at 2014-01-28 02:39 AM | Reply | Flag:

Mon bonne homme, one thing, and a small one at that -- you left of the pictures.

www.google.com

I don't see Himmler, and I certainly don't see any wet celery. Could your ditty be apocrypha?

#64 | Posted by DixvilleNotch at 2014-01-28 02:41 AM | Reply | Flag:

Some purist would remind me they call Bordeaux "Claret" in Britain. But since Mrs Simpson was an American, well, I figgered I could get away with it. Plus, it rhymes with Ho so much better.

#65 | Posted by madscientist at 2014-01-28 02:48 AM | Reply | Flag:

64. No, I just pulled it out of my fundament. That and an old Britcom called 'Allo 'Allo. :>þ

#66 | Posted by madscientist at 2014-01-28 02:52 AM | Reply | Flag:

Himmler could have driven his Panzer through your fundament all night -- an hole division for sure, I wager -- and never found a Britcom. You know why? No headlamps, a feature commonly lacking in that era.

#67 | Posted by DixvilleNotch at 2014-01-28 03:37 AM | Reply | Flag:

Bet you get that a lot.

#68 | Posted by DixvilleNotch at 2014-01-28 03:48 AM | Reply | Flag:

Tanks had headlamps. French ones had yellow fresnel lenses on them like their cars...ostensibly to not annoy oncoming traffic before they busted a cap in someone's fundament.

#69 | Posted by madscientist at 2014-01-28 12:09 PM | Reply | Flag:

True enough. I found this guy in there and he had the lights on. Said he hadn't seen a Britcom.

www.google.com

#70 | Posted by DixvilleNotch at 2014-01-28 12:30 PM | Reply | Flag:

His driver said he hadn't heard of one either.

#71 | Posted by DixvilleNotch at 2014-01-28 12:47 PM | Reply | Flag: